what about the Sr. and res. rates now

sailnsee

Where do you see the Sr. and res. rates now? It used to be sooo easy when you would put in a "faux" booking to see these rates but I am not finding them....I know they are there but when /where do you find them)(O:We have saved a lot of $ over the yrs. and want to be able to use them...

Yes, it used to be so easy and now it is time consuming just to check anything!!!!!

Someone posted about there being - Deals -? to click on but I have not seen any on our booked cruises.

So, I have no idea where the Deal would be???

They are there and you can still select them ... they just don't tell you what rate you are seeing when they show you a price. I believe you only see the exact type of rate once you select a cabin and act like you are going to book ... though that may have just been military.

You might be interested in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1332230&highlight=state

Here is the first post:

I had always wondered if there was a list anywhere that showed what cruises where discounted for my particular state without having to make a dummy reservation a billion times and use the pull down menu to pick my state. Well I think I may have stumbled upon such a list completely by accident.

I was meandering around the JetBlue website and I saw "Cruises" as a choice of things to click on (I wasn't aware they booked cruises). One of the options is to just put in your state to find out if their are any discounts for that state. Well Holy Moly it worked...it listed all cruises on all the different cruiselines and what the discount was and for what kind of a stateroom. You also have the choice of clicking on "senior rate" as well. I wanted to double check it's accuracy by making a dummy booking for the same cruise on the RCI site, but it is currently down. I did try it on another cruiseline's site and it appears to be accurate. Who knew there would be 88 different cruises out there with a MAINE discount??

The person is right it DOES work!!

Hope this helps,

Marlee

Click on "advanced search" BEFORE you start looking at anything. There you will be able to choose senior, state, military, etc. :D

I do this for the cruises I am interested in and keep the "tab" open. Then every so often I refresh that screen. It will "remember" your requests and update rates. I use firefox so I don't know for sure if IE will work the same.

You can check to see if the rates you are getting are senior, state, etc, by unchecking that selection in the advanced search. If the quoted fare is the same, there is no discount.

You might be interested in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1332230&highlight=state

Here is the first post:

I had always wondered if there was a list anywhere that showed what cruises where discounted for my particular state without having to make a dummy reservation a billion times and use the pull down menu to pick my state. Well I think I may have stumbled upon such a list completely by accident.

I was meandering around the JetBlue website and I saw "Cruises" as a choice of things to click on (I wasn't aware they booked cruises). One of the options is to just put in your state to find out if their are any discounts for that state. Well Holy Moly it worked...it listed all cruises on all the different cruiselines and what the discount was and for what kind of a stateroom. You also have the choice of clicking on "senior rate" as well. I wanted to double check it's accuracy by making a dummy booking for the same cruise on the RCI site, but it is currently down. I did try it on another cruiseline's site and it appears to be accurate. Who knew there would be 88 different cruises out there with a MAINE discount??

The person is right it DOES work!!

Hope this helps,

Marlee

This is an AWESOME tip! I never would have thought that there would be residency discounts for Kansas. I like that you can search across all cruise lines, too.

Archived