Dang---I live in the wrong state!

parentsof5

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with what I paid for our cruise, but if we lived in ANY of the four states that surround us it would be $50 pp less. for 5.

Oh well - if you live in the states that border Kansas you can get a good price on our cruise! :D

It seems like the discounts are always in a state where we don't live. Never seen a Ga one ever.

We got a Georgia resident discount in December on The Triumph. It beat every other possible rate. I booked it as soon as I recovered from the shock. :D

They should offer something for us canucks!:D

You betcha - should offer a cold climate deal or something. Can't offer a snow deal as our southern friends have been really getting hit while we are not getting very much at all.

They should offer something for us canucks!:D

I agree (and I'm not Canadian)! We've met the nicest Canadians on so many cruises....oh wait, two of those were IN Canada. But we've met a bunch on Caribbean cruises too and Canucks are great and loyal fans of Carnival. They deserve a resident rate! :)

I just booked the Triumph, 7 day for June. Couldn't beat the resident rate for Texas:D When I called my PVP (I've used him for years), he gave me a rate and I said, "well I can beat that with the resident rate". He started laughing and said he didn't even look for that discount because Texas never gets it:eek:, but they have it right now;)

Here's one for ya. Been on 8 cruises always joke with them when booking that Idaho NEVER gets the discount and we even have a sea port in Idaho ( the Columbia River hits Idaho from the sea. They bring vessels up because the barnacles fall off in fresh water.) But lo and behold this cruise they DO have Idaho with a residency discount we got 220.00 OBC. There is always hope found it by chance looking at the carnival.comBookingEngine/FareView#. Always worth a peak. :D

I agree (and I'm not Canadian)! We've met the nicest Canadians on so many cruises....oh wait, two of those were IN Canada. But we've met a bunch on Caribbean cruises too and Canucks are great and loyal fans of Carnival. They deserve a resident rate! :)

From your key board to the execs at Carnival!!! ;)

I've found that being over 55 gets the best discounts. If you sign up on vacation2go with your state or/and if you are a senior, miliitairy, leo, nurse, teacher ect. it comes up atomatically when you surf for cruises. I live in Missouri and see lots of discounts for my state.

You betcha - should offer a cold climate deal or something. Can't offer a snow deal as our southern friends have been really getting hit while we are not getting very much at all.

They do offer a discount rate for Quebecers (sometimes) but haven't taken advantage of this rate yet.

BTW - Does Carnival check to make sure you are not getting an "undeserved" rate? Do TA's ?

BTW - Does Carnival check to make sure you are not getting an "undeserved" rate? Do TA's ?
In our experience, it has varied. Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't. Sometimes they asked us to fax in the "proof" immediately upon making the booking and other times they just said to bring it with us.

Sometimes they asked for it at the pier when we checked in, and other times they didn't. I think it may just vary depending on the individual you happen to encounter.

But we always bring it along with us, even if we have previously faxed it to them. It is not worth taking a chance. We were told that if they should ask you to show the proof that you qualify for the special rate when you check in and you don't have it with you, they can charge you the full price and if you refuse to pay you may not be allowed to board.

They do offer a discount rate for Quebecers (sometimes) but haven't taken advantage of this rate yet.

Since so many Canadians cruise you would think the cruise lines would recognize that and give resident discounts to our friends from the north.

thanks to all who suggest that us Canadians should get a break also. If that would happen my girl friend from Australia could get a break on the room we have booked, I am from Canada and we are travelling together next January. Do you ever think they would ever discount someone from Australia? LOL Guess my friend and I are toast. No resident discount

PS this will be her second carnival cruise

Archived