What did your kids think of Carnival Dream?

140toesandfingers

I am currently looking at a family cruise. We have 5 children that range from 4-13 and I am trying find a good fit for everyone. What did your kids think of Dream? Was it to overwhelming?

Also, how strict are they with ages in camp carnival? Do they ever let siblings stay together if the cut off is close?

I can tell you that my whole family loved the Dream. My son is 6 and lived at the waterslides all day long. He liked camp carnival as well, but would have rather been at the slides 24/7.

It is a large ship, but we all love the bigger ships. The pools are a bit small, but because of the slides it doesn't matter much. It seems the kids are at the slides moreso than at the pools.

I can't comment on how lenient camp carnival is with siblings, as my kids are 12 years apart and my daughter did not come with us this time.

We had the family oceanview room with the split baths. This room works out really well for families with small kids. One bath has the toilet, shower, and vanity/sink, and the other bath has a tub/shower, and vanity/sink. It is great especially if your kids still take a bath. We were on the Riveria deck, but really loved our room.

I would highly recommend the Dream.

I am currently looking at a family cruise. We have 5 children that range from 4-13 and I am trying find a good fit for everyone. What did your kids think of Dream? Was it to overwhelming?

Also, how strict are they with ages in camp carnival? Do they ever let siblings stay together if the cut off is close?

I've done hours upon hours of research on the Dream and Valor for a family cruise. We have 4 children ages 4-10, and this will be their first cruise. We chose the Dream b/c of many of the positives I read about here on CC. If you do an "Advanced Search" about the Dream and camp carnival ages. I've seen several threads on both that provided very helpful information. From what I've read, they are NOT flexible with the age groupings in Camp Carnival, which is also a bummer for us. We cruise on the Dream in Oct., so I won't have any first-hand experience until then. Whatever you decide, enjoy your family cruise! :-)

Carnival Dream is my 4-year-old's favorite ship! When I told her we were going on another cruise, she immediately asked, "Is it the Carnival Dream?!?"

She just loved the waterworks area, hot tubs, and service! (My review is in my siggy.) She went to Camp Carnival occassionally, and her favorite activity was the Funship Freddy surprise party. We all had a great time!

Archived