Norwegian Spirit Drydock???

louisianagirl70

Crew Mom...thanks for sharing, we're on the Spirit on Oct. 23rd too! BTW, the carpets are all being replaced, not just cleaned according to the press release? The tv won't be used much in our balcony room, but the balcony will be!

Just had to share this from DS this morning:

Woke up this morning with a smile on my face. The air conditioning is back on! Went to brush that smile and there is no water. Oh dry dock how I love you.

OMG! Too funny! Crewmom, tell your son we, who are cruising on the Spirit after drydock, appreciate all their hardwork and the struggles they must endure during that time. First no a/c, then no water??? Not a good scenario...hopefully they don't run out of deodorant!

I also got offthe Spirit onSunday and they were definitely working hard as we were walking off the ship. This was my fifith time on the Spirit and I am booked for a sixth time before they leave in April ! Oh how I will miss this ship. The crew is the best of any of the 20 cruises I have been on. I can't wait to see the improvments in February.

your CD for Oct 23 will be Kyle Dodson... he is great!

crewmom--your son is awesome, he just got back to the spirit and we love him. i went home for dry dock bcuz ive done 2 already and just needed a break.

hi i am on the cruise with Abear in February, can you tell us who is the CD for the Feb 19th cruise and who will be the captain and hotel director?

we was on the Spirit for Memorial week and loved her!!! just wish there was a way to keep her in New Orleans!

thanks for all the hard work and CrewMom you are funny! thanks for sharing:)

Hey Arleen... It was Kyle last week and as I was leaving in the morning, he told me Bye and he would be waiting for me with a new group ! I guess this means he will still be there as the cruise director. The hotel director should be Prem, as he was getting back on the ship sunday, as I was leaving. I didn't get to see him though, because I got off at 7:30 with my conceirge ( John ) He was very good, but I was use to Belle, so I really missed her. Well, actually she was working the front des, so I did get to see her pretty much, so just not as personal. :o

Not having water, electricity or A/C is normal during dry dock. They have to do maintenance on equipment and they have no other choice but to turn it off for awhile. It does make it somewhat like a camping experience tho, having to learn to make do and deal with it. They try to make it ok for the staff but it is what it is. They do have a shuttle set up so the crew can go into Mobile in the evening to shop, eat out, etc. DS is busy so I haven't heard much from him the past 2 days. I'll pass on any other words of wisdom he may share with me!

Sounds like Abear2 has more info then me. Schedules that far out are sometimes changed but ask me again in January and I'll check to see what I can confirm for you.

slycruiser61 - I'll pass on the compliments for you. I'm sure the crew will appreciate hearing them!

Will be monitoring her progress and trip back to NO on Sunday. Will be on her Oct 23rd. Can't wait to see the changes. She is a wonderful ship and one of the best crews in the business. At least there will be 2 cruises prior to mine to shake out any post dry dock issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived