Outdoor Viewing areas on the Regatta

grifflee

After looking closely at the deck diagrams of the Regatta, it does not seem that there are very many areas for outdoor viewing for a cruise to Alaska. Has anyone gone on this cruise and had a problem with this. We were on Holland America Veendam and had lots of outdoor space. This has me concerned.

After looking closely at the deck diagrams of the Regatta, it does not seem that there are very many areas for outdoor viewing for a cruise to Alaska. Has anyone gone on this cruise and had a problem with this. We were on Holland America Veendam and had lots of outdoor space. This has me concerned.

What deck plans are you looking at? All the Oceania ships have ample outdoor (and indoor) viewing areas.

All of the outdoor portion of Deck 10 - the Running Track - is an excellent place to view. Also on Deck 10 (forward) is Horizons, which would be good if you wished to stay indoors.

Deck 9 - the Pool Deck - has viewing areas all around, but these are glassed in.

Finally, you could go up to Deck 11 - the Sun Deck, and have an almost 360 view of your surroundings.

Are you still concerned?

Thanks for the information. I do feel better, but I must admit, on the Veendam there were huge open viewing areas that were quickly accessible when an announcement was made related to wildlife. With almost 700 people moving quickly to these limited areas, I became worried, and it isn't quite the same looking through glass or photographing. I spend a great deal of time outside, and I know many do no do that, especially is colder and rainy weather, so guess it will be OK. Thanks again!

The only place you don't have a view is from the front where the cabanas are. That just happens to be the prime outdoor viewing space for looking forward though.

Absolutely true, Susie. They were really a pain on the Norway cruise -- no one was using them because it was too darned cold, but with the tinted windows it was impossible to see anything.

Absolutely true, Susie. They were really a pain on the Norway cruise -- no one was using them because it was too darned cold, but with the tinted windows it was impossible to see anything.

The cabanas on O were one of the reasons we did a Panama Canal cruise on Azamara and not Oceania. That's an itinerary where it's a requirement that you have an over the bow view looking directly forward.

Archived