Beach club question

Tax Wizard

We will be in Cozumel in 10 days and are thinking of booking a beach day excursion through Island Marketing. Can anyone comment on how San Francisco compares with Nachi Cocom?? Is Nachi worth the extra $33 we would pay?? There are four of us going, my wife and I along with our two girls ages 3 and 6.

We were also looking at Paradise Beach but, when you factor in the cost of food, drinks and other extras, I figure it would still cost us at least $80 to spend the day there.

I know that all three are supposed to be located on the same stretch of beach. Paradise and San Francisco are actually next door to each other.

My only other apprehension about pre-booking a beach excursion is that the weather might not be all that great. Our friends were on a cruise last week and the weather was crummy the day they were in Cozumel. The nice thing about Paradise beach is that no pre-booking is required.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We stopped at Paradise Beach shortly while cruising around the island. Was not impressed at all! Service was more than slow, bathroom very dirty, lots of local kids in the pool and the snorkel center on site was a dump...would not go back.:mad:

We went to the Ocean Beach Club after a "short" visit to Paradise beach (see picture below). The ocean resort was nice, not crowded at all, nice beach chairs, spacious seating, good food and nice pool. We would definitely go back!

IMG_2182.jpg.9806a5209e776c94a07299c6fde4c5e5.jpg

We went to Nachi in Jan while on the Crown Princess and really enjoyed it. It would have been better if the weather was nicer, but that wasn't their fault. Nachi only sells 100 tickets per day, so it doesn't get crowded. The pool was nice and the kids would like it as well as the beach. There aren't any water toys like they have at other places, but with the age of your kids, I don't think they will care. The food was ok, not great, but the service we had was excellent. If I didn't have to pre-book, I probably wouldn't have gone that day because of the weather, but thinking back now, I only would have lost my $12 PP deposit.

This is our first time! We are considering Ocean Resort - could somebody help me with how do you get there from port please? Cab?? Any idea of cost?

You really need a taxi to go to any of the beaches on the south side. Prices are posted on the boards at the taxi stand. From the International pier or Puerta Maya it was $15.00 when we went in January.

Ocean Resort may not yet be listed- just tell the driver Ocean Resort or Gran Costa Sur. It is next door to Carlos N Charlies Beach Club. Nachi Cocom is a few $$ more to get to.

We will be in Cozumel in 10 days and are thinking of booking a beach day excursion through Island Marketing. Can anyone comment on how San Francisco compares with Nachi Cocom?? Is Nachi worth the extra $33 we would pay?? There are four of us going, my wife and I along with our two girls ages 3 and 6.

We were also looking at Paradise Beach but, when you factor in the cost of food, drinks and other extras, I figure it would still cost us at least $80 to spend the day there.

I know that all three are supposed to be located on the same stretch of beach. Paradise and San Francisco are actually next door to each other.

My only other apprehension about pre-booking a beach excursion is that the weather might not be all that great. Our friends were on a cruise last week and the weather was crummy the day they were in Cozumel. The nice thing about Paradise beach is that no pre-booking is required.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

OK, as I calculate this: Nachi Cocom = $132 for 4 (two are very young and probably won't eat or drink their share of refreshments). Paradise Resort = $0 unless you wish to utilize the Water Toys (I believe) the charge is no more than $10PP = $40, plus they do appreciate it if you purchase refreshments - nachos, drinks etc. Very good food. Nana & Grampy have never spent much more than $30 on refreshments and forego the floats, etc. This is my choice.

Taxi about $15 per taxi each way. Also, you don't need to make reservations in advance just in case of inclement weather or other circumstances for Paradie Beach Club.

Went to Ocean Resort. Not crowded at all the day we went and because of that the buffet was not open. Still plenty of food but it seemed like it was cooked when ordered. Much better that way. Drinks and service very good. Beach area (water area) not the best so just walk next door. Would go there again.

Taxi prices are per cab for up to 4 people, more than 4 and there is an additional charge.

Also, just to add my 2 cents on Ocean Club, I wasn't impressed. The beach, loungers and umbrellas are nice. Food (small buffet) was just ok and the beer is draft in a plastic cup. I guess for the price, I shouldn't have expected much but I won't be back.

Archived