Princess Pop Choir

cruzinchris

Now that I'm home and have unlimited and "free" internet access, I found several Princess Pop Choir videos on youtube. It seems that some groups are larger than others, songs are basically the same, but choreography varies from almost none to more intricate like ours. Black/White "costuming" is consistent

DH and I didn't purchase the DVD even though our entire Pop Choir performance is featured because I figured that it would eventually appear on youtube. Even if it doesn't, we had a lot of fun doing this and would probably participate again on a future cruise.

Singing and Dancing in the streets north of Motown,

Chris

I meant to do this on our Sapphire cruise in January but forgot to make the first rehearsal. Sounds like fun. :)

I'm still playing catch-up on CC while unpacking, doing laundry, etc.

First question I asked when DH and I showed up for the first rehearsal was, "How long will we be here?" because I had already committed to the Maitre d's Wine Tasting. Entertainer Joe Sackenheim who directed our Pop Choir told me to stay as long as I could because he didn't want to lose members. I stayed for 40 minutes and left in time to change clothes, put on some deoderant, and brush my teeth :D I had my script, told Joe that I was a "quick study", and promised to read through the lyrics and review choreography prior to the next rehearsal.

Even if you missed the first meeting of the group, Pam, you could have contacted the director for a copy of the song lyrics prior to subsequent rehearsals. Princess Pop Choir is great fun and should be accessible to any passenger who is interested in participating.

Chris

Edited by cruzinchris

This is sooooo exciting as I am a Sweet Adeline - Women's Barbershop Organization and sing with the Rich-Tone chorus here is Dallas! We will be going on the Coral on the Inside Passage this August for our 40th wedding anniversary and I will look forward to participating! Glea at Sea!! How fun!!

:)

This is sooooo exciting as I am a Sweet Adeline - Women's Barbershop Organization and sing with the Rich-Tone chorus here is Dallas! We will be going on the Coral on the Inside Passage this August for our 40th wedding anniversary and I will look forward to participating! Glea at Sea!! How fun!!

:)

Congratulations! DH and I will celebrate our 40th but not a Princess cruise. We will enjoy a long weekend on magical Mackinac Island, Michigan.

Chris

Hmmm, I wonder if any videos of our Hula performance on the last night on the Golden made it to You Tube. The Reflections videographer was taping the dress rehearsal so that made the video (our main performance would have been too late to make the video), but I didn't buy the DVD.

• 3 years later...

I participated in the Princess Pop Choir during our Panama canal cruise of Dec. 2011. There is NO charge to participate. Open to all who desire to sing and have a great time. Enjoy and then report back to CC after your cruise and let us know how you enjoyed the experience.

I would like to participate in pop choir on the Royal- in a few weeks.

I am having spa treatments on sea days at 1:30 and 2:00- but will switch the times if necessary---For people who have recently did this, what time on sea days are the rehersals?

Heading for Alaska from S.F on May 23. It sounds like a lot of fun, and if they're still using the same songs it gives one a chance to practice them beforehand!

The choreography part is another matter...

BTW, does anyone know if any Pop Choirs ever made it to utube?

Ray Mac

I would like to participate in pop choir on the Royal- in a few weeks.

I am having spa treatments on sea days at 1:30 and 2:00- but will switch the times if necessary---For people who have recently did this, what time on sea days are the rehersals?

We have participated in the Pop Choir 4 or 5 times and the rehearsals were generally in the afternoon (2 or 3 pm) but they can vary on any given day. Occasionally there was even a morning rehearsal.

Heading for Alaska from S.F on May 23. It sounds like a lot of fun, and if they're still using the same songs it gives one a chance to practice them beforehand!

The choreography part is another matter...

BTW, does anyone know if any Pop Choirs ever made it to utube?

Ray Mac

We participated in the Pop Choir this past January on the Star Princess and for the first time after 4 previous experiences we had new songs! In fact we were given a list of approximately a dozen or so songs from which we could choose 4 or 5 to learn and perform. It was a lot of fun! Sweet Caroline was still the 'encore' piece but it is also a great way to end a great cruise experience!

We were on the Star to Hawaii and I joined pop choir for the fist time. What fun. Had a great time singing and enjoying the group of new friends. Ian was our director and he was lots of fun. We all voted on what songs to sing but I am sure we were encouraged to pick certain songs. We performed in the atrium and had champagne after. I will look forward to doing this on all future Princess cruises. Great way to have fun and meet new friends.

Hazelnut, we're going to Alaska from S.F. on Star May 23. We'd like to participate, like to sing but don't read music, we just have to memorize.

Do you recall which songs Star now has so we can practice beforehand?

36rascal.

Hazelnut, we're going to Alaska from S.F. on Star May 23. We'd like to participate, like to sing but don't read music, we just have to memorize.

Do you recall which songs Star now has so we can practice beforehand?

36rascal.

No need to read music. You are only given the words no notes. Also all the songs are sung in unison i.e. no parts. Although those people who are comfortable singing harmony are generally welcome to harmonize on the last note or two of a song.

In January our pop choir chose to sing a Beatles medley, Hit the Road Jack, New York New York, Do You Hear The People Sing (from Les Miserables), and 1 or 2 other songs which I can't remember now.

What fun! Kelly (from Canada and a music major), a member of the Cruise Director's staff, was our choir leader on the Crown last Fall on the Canary Islands cruise. About 65 of us had a blast and it didn't matter that a few of us sang in the key of "OFF". On the following transatlantic voyage we had close to 100 singers and again some of us were a bit singing challenged but nobody cared as there was strength in numbers. We packed the atrium on both sailings. Can't wait to join in the fun again on the Emerald in April...hope we get to sing some new songs.

What fun! Kelly (from Canada and a music major), a member of the Cruise Director's staff, was our choir leader on the Crown last Fall on the Canary Islands cruise.

We had Kelly as our choir leader on the Grand in Nov 2012. She was really great. The choir director does impact your experience. On one cruise I dropped out of the choir because the leader made it pretty clear that he was 'stuck' with this assignment.

I have heard of cruises that have the large number of participants that you mentioned but generally we have been in groups of between 15 and 30 people.