How did D+ "gift preferences" work last week?

39august

So, to you D+'s who were able to select gift preferences for last week's cruises, how did this work? Did each person in the cabin get one selected gift such as red or white "house" wine? RCI indicated that this would be one for each person. Even if both persons had created a gift preference page and selected a "bonus" gift, was there in fact only one '"bonus" gift from that list? I don't expect to get a "bonus" gift each, but with two separate C&A "my cruise" accounts, I am curious how RCI will determine which one to choose.

Just off the Monarch this morning. Upon arrival we received the Gouda cheese, nuts, fruits, etc. basket that someone had posted a picture of, on another thread. For the "Gift Preference", we each received a beverage. As the "Bonus Gift" is one per stateroom, we got one beach towel. I don't know how they decide which person's preference to choose.

In addition, one night we got a plate with dipped strawberries and another plate with some fruit and cheese with crackers. The last night the plate had 2 petit fours and 2 more dipped strawberrries.

We sailed the Oasis on January 29th. I had input my D+ gift preferences for both of us (wine for me, corona for him)....and I even called the D+ desk to make certain they were aware of the items we selected. They assured me they had it.

Well....they may have had it at the Diamond+ desk....but the ship didn't get the info......

We received 2 baskets with the gouda, cookies, dried fruit....however, we didn't receive wine with it and we didn't receive beer. We received two cans of Coke. Not sure why we got that....we don't even drink Coke.

Our info missed getting to the ship as well. We were on board Serenade Jan 22nd for the first week and of coarse did not know anything about the new list posted on the 21st as we were in transit. In our room was the welcome basket and Evian water. So we logged in our request for week two, and again it was the Welcome basket and evian. They did not have any record of our request for week 2:confused:

We each had a diet coke. I'm not sure what would have happened if we ordered wine.

We got off the Allure yesterday. I'm the one that does all the bookings, so my name appears first. I checked the water as the beverage of choice in my profile. DH likes diet coke, so I entered his preference on his profile, hoping it would be there on arrival. We both got a bottle of water each (no big deal because he had already purchased the soda package).

I wonder if they just go to the preferences of the person whose name appears first on the booking, or may be they are still fine tuning the the system.

Speaking of fine tuning...... We booked a couple of cruises while on the Allure. The very nice future cruises consultant that took care of us mentioned they are working on revamping the website. So hopefully it will be easier to to look for, and book, future cruises on line. She mentioned they don't like it either. I hope it happens soon, I used to love to look and plan for cruises but now the site drives me crazy. Since they made the changes I don't check often.

Archived