My photo album of the Star, Mexican Riviera Jan 29, 2010

Carlos7

thanks for your review and pictures. We are going on the same cruise in April and will be staying in 10002. Have never been on a suite before. It looks like you had alot of fun with the perks. One question regarding the Italian restaurant. The cover price, can you order more than one entree or is it an extra fee. I loved the pizza!!!

Also, did you have to pay for taking the sodas in your luggage?

thanks,

pardo59

My partner and I are on in two weeks. Looks like you were in an AC? We're in an AD which I think is the same basic room but at the back. Did you like the room?

Which sailing are you on? 2/19 or 2/26? Also which deck on the back are you on?

I have the 2 BA Aft cabins on deck 10 booked for the 2/19 sailing. I believe the AD's are left and right of us.

If you're on the 2/19 sailing come join our roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27464881&goto=newpost

Hi! At restaurants you can pretty much order the whole menu, at Cagneys they had additional supplement for some items, which I can't remember what. There is no charge for your bottled water or sodas that you may bring onboard. We brought an power strip . No hard liquor allowed, and make sure if you bringing wine to have as carry on . I wish I had brought in my luggage - :rolleyes:a light blanket to be warm while sitting out ( so I bought one in PV - overpaid - I'm awful bargainer), for when is breezy and cold outside - :rolleyes:a small flashlight , :rolleyes:a selection of dvds - the dvd library wasn't impressive: my own music - meaning some sort of MP3/ ipod speakers ...:rolleyes:

What a wonderful review and loved your pictures. I stayed in Suite 9000 right below your cabin. Our Balcony was huge but it looks like your cabin is a bit larger. I have had an Aft for Alaska and the forward Penthouse for the Panama Canal and the forward cabin was the best for that cruise. Just looking at your wonderful pictures and reading your review made me feel like I was on the Cruise with you. Thanks for letting me share your trip.:D

What a wonderful review and loved your pictures. I stayed in Suite 9000 right below your cabin. Our Balcony was huge but it looks like your cabin is a bit larger. I have had an Aft for Alaska and the forward Penthouse for the Panama Canal and the forward cabin was the best for that cruise. Just looking at your wonderful pictures and reading your review made me feel like I was on the Cruise with you. Thanks for letting me share your trip.:D

Thank You! I hope we didn't make too much noise walking around the cabin, and hope we didn't wake you guys up too early if we were noisy... Have you gone to Alaska before? Any tips?

I have the 2 BA Aft cabins on deck 10 booked for the 2/19 sailing. I believe the AD's are left and right of us.

We're the sailing after you (too bad, our roll call is tiny!) and are on the back corner of deck 10.

We're the sailing after you (too bad, our roll call is tiny!) and are on the back corner of deck 10.

Our roll call hasn't been that busy, maybe 10-12 posters, but most are with fairly decent sized group (like mine of 24). We have 67 signed up for our M&G which will be a very good turnout if they all show.

Sorry we'll be missing you by a week, our AFT BA's would have been just a couple cabins down from you.

We'll do our best to keep the Star in good shape for your arrival as we disembark! Have a great cruise!

will be on 4/9. thanks for the invite

Carlos, we have been to Alaska twice before on Princess. Absolutley beautiful! I highly reccomend doing the Whale watching with Capt. Larry and doing a helicopter/glacier landing(Orca enterprises) in Juneau! The weather was nice we went in September both years. Thanks for your review we are boarding Norwegian for the first time in March for our 2nd time in Mexico!

Can you please tell me if you docked in Puerto Vallarta or they anchored and had the tenders running?

I am on the 4/16 sailing and my eDocs say we anchor in PV but in all my cruises to Mexico we have always docked.

We will be in an AC suite as well, can't wait.

Thanks!

Toni

Can you please tell me if you docked in Puerto Vallarta or they anchored and had the tenders running?

I am on the 4/16 sailing and my eDocs say we anchor in PV but in all my cruises to Mexico we have always docked.

We will be in an AC suite as well, can't wait.

Thanks!

Toni

The only place we anchored was Cabo. We docked in PV - across from a walmart... and be sure you will end up at Diamonds International, like or not. We are spoiled forever having an A/C cabin - it was fantastic - a little cold but it didn't keep me from being out as much as I could... It feels like you are the only ones in the ship, it's so quiet... :rolleyes:

We're sailing on the Star Saturday. Our eDocs state we will be anchoring in PV and I think that will indeed be the case, though I hope I'm wrong.

I dont think you can judge anchor vs dock status on recent sailings since the Carnival Splendor has been out of commission. The Splendor returns to service this week, thus all bets are off. If your eDocs state anchor, odds are that will be the case. I'll report back on our experience after we return on the 26th.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived