Cozumel - Allure of The Seas Royal Caribbean Employee dies

"Linnees" should be able to state her opinion without being labeled. Mexico is dangerous! Why do you think that parts of Haiti have been fenced off?

We should all be careful everywhere one goes. Stay with organized groups.

And Florida isn't dangerous????? No one drowns there? :confused: No crazy cops killing people?

I was on the Allure a couple of weeks ago and I think that she was the violinist that played with a guitar player in the Viking Crown Lounge. We saw them a couple of times. She was very talented.

So was she different from the violinist who played with the pianist in the MDR?

I think we saw her out playing on central park.

So very sad. they caught the guy apparently.

This is a strange story. The local newspaper published this story here which is in Spanish.

Granted, my Spanish is a bit rough from disuse over the years, but it seems this news story continues to try to connect this case with the Samantha Bradley case indicating that Bradley bought a boat ticket to Cancun with a credit card bearing the name of Monika Markiewicz.

Weird.

Anyone consider the violence may have come with her, such as another crew member? Maybe even a crime of passion? Without any details of the incident everything about this being a rise in the crime level of Cozumel is just speculation. Of course that is our favorite pastime on these boards. :rolleyes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41522752/ns/travel-news/

So this article said the crew member and the busboy were in a relationship. Crime of passion as I said? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
It always pays to be alert in any city anywhere in the world, watch where your going, stay off the beaten paths, don't wear a lot of jewellery, etc. We all know the rules, but I sometimes break them too, however, I have never felt unsafe in Cozumel and have been there many times. We usually get dropped off downtown by a taxi, then walk several blocks away to an awesome local restaurant called "La Choza", where they have the best guacamole and ceviche. Also been to Carlos and Charlies where we walked halfway back to the ship at night before taking a taxi the rest of the way. I grew up in Kingston, Jamaica, so tend to be very aware of my surroundings and if I have even an inkling of feeling unsafe or anything, I follow my instincts and leave the area. I feel very bad though, for the honest Mexican citizens that are trying to make a living and now will lose some business from the tourists...

I do hope they catch whoever did this and soon....how awful for that poor girl and her family she left behind....

I love La Choza! Been there many times. There's a new restaurant called Kondessa that is fabulous too, especially at night, as they have wonderful lighting. Their cocktails are amazing and quite fresh. My friend owns a restaurant Italianini which is quite good too. He's originally from Rome and he makes some darn good Pizza!

I'm not an American so I don't live in the states. Nevertheless, I stand by what I said. I think Mexico is the most dangerous place in North America and I have no idea why people are willing to tolerate the constant threat by going anywhere there.

Nothing rude about that.

I vacation at a private home in Puerto Vallarta every year end of March. It is as safe as going down the hill to my own grocery store.

Archived