Carry on food?? Boarding in a few hours...

amybear912

victoryred,

If the question arises as to where they got the cookies, they would need proof or they'll not be carrying their cookies home. Proof could easily be digital photos of the cookies prior to boarding or during boarding. ;)

And we all know that would be slim to none:D Unless you are actually eating said cookie while walking off the ship.........

How long is your cruise? You might just want to eat them if it's too long because they will get stale or even moldy depending on the humidity.

You could just mail them home, that way there's no question about taking them off later:D

I've never been searched for food or anything else on the way off the ship or through customs.

I think they are very picky about bringing plants and fruits <maybe veggies?> back because of the chances of introducing a new bacteria or virus to our country. And hopefully no one would ever do that:rolleyes:

I did bring back a whole suitcase filled with coffee beans when I came off a ship which visited columbia, I told customs it was there and they said "no problem" asked me about plants and produce, told them besides the coffee nothing. Viola done.

I think if you bring your cookies back with you, no one is really going to care. But if they let me waltz through with a suitcase FULL of coffee beans I bet the cookies, even if you tell them, they will smile and say "have a nice day", if not they will make you toss them, no biggie right?

Cheers and have a good cruise. Carole

Baked goods are ok. Meats, veggies, plants, many cheeses are not. Coffee beans-fine (we brought in a suitcase of beans too). Opened pretzels- no problem. And if you are bringing things in- tell them. I used to bring in vegetation samples when traveling on business and all it meant was a quick check with the correct folks. If they think you are smuggling drugs they will check for that- whether it is in cookies or toothpaste tubes.

Archived