Carry on food?? Boarding in a few hours...

amybear912

We are boarding Imagination in a few hours.... While visiting friends the last few days, we were given some homemade cookies... Can we take them on the ship???

We want them to get home after the cruise...

Like the Hotel California, you can check them in, but they can never check out. You will have to eat them before you debark.

I do.. I brought on Agave sweetened spelt cakes and walnuts and have had no problems at all..I'll be bringing them on again on a cruise on Glory.. It keeps me on my lifestyle change the best I can on a ship and it worked on my last cruise I lost 2 lbs and ate everything even dessert:D. happy sailing

Not at debarkation they don't......

Debarkation? You read and agree to a customs slip, telling you what you can't bring in, SIGN IT, and hand it in. You're saying you sign it under a falsehood? Good luck! That's between you and "THEM".

Debarkation? You read and agree to a customs slip, telling you what you can't bring in, SIGN IT, and hand it in. You're saying you sign it under a falsehood? Good luck! That's between you and "THEM".

I just looked at one.

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/sample-us-customs-form-6059b.html

It says nothing about what you brought onboard, only what you are bringing back from a foreign country. We have always brought back what we took with us if we had anything left over that wouldn't spoil. You should be okay.

I just looked at one.

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/sample-us-customs-form-6059b.html

It says nothing about what you brought onboard, only what you are bringing back from a foreign country. We have always brought back what we took with us if we had anything left over that wouldn't spoil. You should be okay.

LOL. And you prove this how?

LOL! Customs slip has absolutely nothing to do with what I brought on a embarkation.....

You can take them on the ship. I would not try to take them off. It is not worth the risk IMHO of "interpreting" the customs rules. If your friends sealed them in a foodsaver, I would try ti, but otherwise I would enjoy them on the cruise, or ask them to pick you up at the port and get them then.

We are boarding Imagination in a few hours.... While visiting friends the last few days, we were given some homemade cookies... Can we take them on the ship???

We want them to get home after the cruise...

amybear912,

Cookie smuggling isn't a crime, but on the off chance your bags are searched the day you get off the ship, you may have to watch them toss them in the trash. It's possible they will suspect you've got baked drugs in the cookies, but it's most likely they'll check your ID and proof of residency then send you on your way without searching you.

Regardless, it's after 1:00PM and you should already be on the ship. ;)

They don't have to prove anything........

victoryred,

If the question arises as to where they got the cookies, they would need proof or they'll not be carrying their cookies home. Proof could easily be digital photos of the cookies prior to boarding or during boarding. ;)

Archived