first cruise

FandFmom

OMG - just booked our first cruise on a big ship. NCL Sun, Western Carib; Port Can - Cozumel - Grand Cayman - Ochos Rios - Great Stirrup Cay - Port Can ...12/24/11.

Just excited and need a little reassurance that we made a good choice.

OMG - just booked our first cruise on a big ship. NCL Sun, Western Carib; Port Can - Cozumel - Grand Cayman - Ochos Rios - Great Stirrup Cay - Port Can ...12/24/11.

I can't comment on the ports because I've never been to any of them but you made a great choice on your ship. We just took our first cruise on her and she is a great ship. Just the right size with a great crew, large cabins and very clean.

You have picked a wonderful ship, it is the perfect size, has nice sized cabins and the itinerary overall is a good one.

Grand Cayman: we have chosen to do a snorkeling/swimming with the sting rays tour. We have done it twice, loved it both times. Cozumel, there are so many choices and Ocho Rios, well, it isn't my favorite place but there are a couple of cool tours. Climbing the falls is a wonderful experience and we have enjoyed taking a rafting trip up the river.

At least one afternoon on the ship be sure and go to Las Rambles for tapas before dinner. We have made an entire meal out of them. Also try the fish and chips or wings in the Sports bar.

Nita

We are doing the same ports as you in November but on the Pearl which does them in a different order. Ive previously done Great Stirrup, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, but have never been to Ochos Rios. For excursions, I did a bus tour of GC which stopped at a turtle farm. It was alright, but I have heard good things about the snorkle excursions so I think we are trying that this time around. we had lunch at Jimmy Buffets which was good, but for two lunches and a drink each it cost us about $75USD back in 07. very pricey, not sure what its like now. Ive also done the seatrek helmet dive in Cozumel which I really enjoyed. We did a good long snorkle there after as part of the excursion. We have been to Cozumel thrice, so for that port after the first time where we did the helmet dive, we tend to hit the main strip and venture a little inbounds to shop and haggle for deals with a mid day stop at Palmeras for a couple of drinks. Im looking forward to the trip, I think over all its a good itinerary.

Thanks for the replies. Your feedback on the ship was what I needed to hear.

We've never been to any of the ports before, except Grand Cayman - we did a land vacation there, so we've already seen the rays - loved it! We plan to just snorkel there - there are a few places within walking distance of the pier.

Now, off to research Cozumel excursions.

Thanks again for the replies! :)

Archived