Magic Jack on seabourn spirit amongst other things...

beita123

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody has had any success bringing the magic Jack onboard to be able to make phone calls from your laptop. Another question, is a balcony suite really worth he price compared the regular seabourn suite? I am sailling from Singapore to Dubai on march 5th Seabourn Spirit.

I don't know the answer to your first question but imo the answer to your second question is no. It's nice to be able to open the door but open deck space is so near to everything that I don't think it's worth the extra expenditure. Others may disagree.

I don't know the answer to your first question but imo the answer to your second question is no. It's nice to be able to open the door but open deck space is so near to everything that I don't think it's worth the extra expenditure. Others may disagree.

You can look at the magic jack Unofficial Website. It looks as if it might work. http://www.magicjacksupport.com/anyone-use-on-a-cruise-ship-t1470.html

I do agree with wripro. Being able to open a door is nice but I don't think the extra expense is worth it -- JMHO. For me, the nice large picture window is enough. All I need is the window to look out so I can see outside and what the weather might be for that day. HTH

Lisa :)

Thank you soooo much. I will give the link a try. Let me ask you a question. This is our first small cruise and I am a little concerned about the ship stability in rough weather. How would you compare seabourn 208 passenger with a larger ship.

I would not count on MagicJack since the Internet service can be spotty - high speed WiFi it's not.

When the weather is inclement, you will feel the motion of the ocean on any ship - the triplets perhaps more so than on a 3,000 passenger leviathan. Similar to turbulence whilst flying - I'm felt up and down and all around turbulence on a Canadair CRJ, but I've also been lifted out of my seat when flying on a 747-400. If you feel nauseous you can substitute a glass of ginger ale for that bottomless flute of champagne.

I know this sounds kind of ridiculous, but since I have cruised only on huge mainstream cruise lines ....what is the probability of a small cruise ship rolling over versus a big one? I just cant imagine huge waves on a small ship.

I know this sounds kind of ridiculous, but since I have cruised only on huge mainstream cruise lines ....what is the probability of a small cruise ship rolling over versus a big one? I just cant imagine huge waves on a small ship.

My guess is that if one of the sisters were in the peak winds and seas of a category 5 typhoon with no power and facing 90 degrees form the wind direction there might be a small risk of a rollover. Otherwise nothing to worry about. Enjoy your cruise!

We were in Gale force winds, according to the Captain, last fall while cruising the Spirit on the Med. 3/4 of the passengers and 1/2 the crew were sick. It was difficult to walk down the corridors even holding on to the railing. We changed course and got some protection from an island until the winds calmed.

Thanks guys. The part of getting protection from the winds taking advantage of the ship's size behind an island is something that I never thought about. Seems like the captain is worried about the comfort of everybody onboard. Last year, cruising the diamond princess in Asia and in 9 gale force winds, the captain prevented everybody from going out on deck but didn't seem to be that concerned. Believe me, that was scary.

Let me put it this way. I have been through some pretty rough seas on the triplets during which I heard crashing and the portholes in the restaurant looked like washing machines. Not only did the ships survive but later that day the bars and restaurants were full of smiling, happy people.

Hi we also have done a few trips on the Pride & Odyssey (4 weeks Baltic thro Uk , 5 weeks thro the Med) with a few rough days particularly across from Norway to Scotland which were handled extremely well albeit a few passengers & crew were affected.

So comfortable we are back on the Pride in September for 6 weeks from Stockholm.Never felt at any risk... so enjoy,

Barry

Archived