Towel police and placing stickers on unattended towels with time noticed... good idea

A Sixth?

Towel police/ placing stickers on unattended towels with time noticed, a good idea?  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Towel police/ placing stickers on unattended towels with time noticed, a good idea?

• Yes, a sticker /time stamp is a great idea on all cruises.
    • On spring break/holiday cruise only, Yes, a sticker /time stamp is a great idea
    • No way, the system now is fine when the pool butlers swing into action
    • I don't trust a pool butler to be honest, or the stickers could be switched... to easy to cheat
    • Hands off my stuff. I reserved that sun bed and it's mine

Has anyone ever asked one of the pool stewards to remove someones items? I know I did. We sat off to the side having a beer and noticed 2 loungers with towels on them and a magazine. They sat empty for about 30 minutes. I am not sure about you but I dont swim for longer than 30 minutes at a time, go to the restroom, run back to my room for something, sit in the jaquizzi, order a drink, etc... none of those things take 30 minutes. So I asked one of the stewards if they would remove them. He did a once over around the pool area and then removed them. We sat down. No one ever did come back. But my hubby is a pretty big guy so I doubt they would have confronted us anyway lol

I will wake up around 10am on a Sea day because yes I was up until 2AM drinking. I will stumble to the shower and brush my teeth trying not to vomit.

I will walk down the hall and get to the pool and sit anywhere that's available and order my bloody mary. I will watch for a better spot and note that if you're not back within 30 minutes that spot is mine!

After a quick nap I will get up and go get my brunch during which time someone else can have the spot. Note how I didn't call it MY SPOT.

It's my vacation too. Some may like to unwind by waking up early I like to unwind by sleeping in after a long night. The early bird that got the worm is going to get taken care of when it went to go poop or eat more because its greedy.

Sorry but that's how I roll. :cool:

I see that with over 300 respondents to the poll, as of now only 10 say that they believe in reserving chairs. :mad:

If that was true one could expect about 50-100 reserves max on your average cruise of 2600 - 3200 people. :p

:rolleyes: That's a bit low on any of the 30 - 40 cruises I've been on. :D

Or maybe Cruise Critic posters are just less likely to be chair Hoggs..:confused:

BTW to the people who responded that they believe in reserving chairs, assuming you answered truthfully I actually appreciate your honesty. Hate the game, not the player eh! :)

BTW to the people who responded that they believe in reserving chairs, assuming you answered truthfully I actually appreciate your honesty. Hate the game, not the player eh! :)

They can reserve them all they want to the bottom line is if their butts aren't in them within 30 minutes of when I get to the pool that chair is mine.

I don't care if you left your towel, shoes, walker or sense of decency.

You're right don't hate the player hate the game.

My personal favorite

"If your book has a better tan than you, your a chair hog."

That's funny if the pool and bar staff would only enforce the 30 minute rule it wouldn't be a problem all you have to do is keep a big ass bin next to the towel bins for personal belongings and start charging people 20 buck for every towel they don't return themselves case closed.

My personal favorite

That's funny if the pool and bar staff would only enforce the 30 minute rule it wouldn't be a problem all you have to do is keep a big ass bin next to the towel bins for personal belongings and start charging people 20 buck for every towel they don't return themselves case closed.

Careful..this is what the Parent company RCL does now on their other ships. :)

Sounds good in theory, but what if we have a nice spot we enjoy and then it is gone when we return. Not my idea of a good vacation.

If there are plenty of chairs available in good locations (sun, shade, quiet, etc) then this is not an issue. It only becomes an issue when I return from lunch and find my chair gone.

I don't like those that abuse the system, but unfortunaltly, all suffer for those that abuse the system. Why punish the innocent?

Well, you can't have it both ways. If you have the perfect place and don't want to lose it, keep your fanny parked in it...or if you leave, be back in 30 miniutes.... After that time, your perfect place will have my fanny parked in it.

And, it's a reality that YOU don't get to decide what's a good location for me, either.

Another good idea for keeping your "ideal" place is to go to lunch separately...or have one go, get the food and bring it back...

In any case, you can't reserve chairs period....

I totally agree that a chair should not be left for hours.

But if I set my alarm and get up at 8am so I can get a chair in the shade, and then go for breakfast later in the morning, I do not agree that I should lose that chair to someone who gets out of bed at noon. The early bird catches the worm;)

So it takes from 8am till noon to have breakfast? I eat way too fast.:D

Now if you eat at 8am or 9am, THEN go to your chair you could still enjoy the shade way before the noon riser AND that shade would not have moved on you, right?

My personal favorite

Glad you liked my list =)

I think the real problem is those that arrive too late at the pool and can't find the ideal spot. There might be plenty of chairs, but they want to take away from those that have a chair all day just because they arrive late and none available. Sure take the chairs away from us. We will just find other ways to travel.

Bob

This has NOTHING to do with WHEN a person arrives. If I show up at the pool at 1 pm and see 20 chairs with towels on them and then at 1:30 there aren't any buts in those chairs I'm moving in.

If you find other ways to travel that means less chair hogs on board...

We got off of the Century on Feb. 5th. I try to walk three miles every morning around 6 AM. I saw on this trip several times people coming out on deck as soon as the chairs are set up with their blue Celebrity bags full of goodies to put on poolside loungers. This included towels, paperbacks, flipflops, newspapers,(where did they get those?) sunglasses etc. We eat early, then go to the pool to get a lounger, as early as we go, not much problem. Many of those chairs would be unoccupied for as long as the hour or two that we were by the pool. Many would have a person sitting in one chair saving 5 others from having the towels and junk removed by anyone. I doubt that the cruise lines will do more than post signs and remove items that are brougt to their attention. They are in the business of making people happy and based on what I have seen, they have to be forced to take action on what they probably consider a very small problem. Will have more later on our cruise which was one of the best ever. Bill

Just one thought.... for the early brids with the worm.... You get up at let us say, 7 am, park your towel, go for breakfast..... I don't think it's ok, but lets just play this thought through..

I walk out of the bar at 3 am, get a bit of air befor going to my cabin, and just put my towel on the desired spot BEFOR you wake up? And now???? See where this is going????

If everyone just follow the rules, we all get a piece of the cake!

And just for the record, I don't even use the chairs much, cause I don't like lying in the sun!:p

Just one thought.... for the early brids with the worm.... You get up at let us say, 7 am, park your towel, go for breakfast..... I don't think it's ok, but lets just play this thought through..

I walk out of the bar at 3 am, get a bit of air befor going to my cabin, and just put my towel on the desired spot BEFOR you wake up? And now???? See where this is going????

If everyone just follow the rules, we all get a piece of the cake!

And just for the record, I don't even use the chairs much, cause I don't like lying in the sun!:p

I don't like sharing a bathroom so wonder how one would go about reserving a public area washroom near the pool, after it was cleaned of course, for the day?

A book and some flip-flops ironically sounds like the best idea for a cubical.... :eek::p:rolleyes::D

Archived