Duty Free shops

Cindyrella

Anyone know what duty free shops are in Grand Cayman? Such as designer stores? I'b heard there is a Tommy Hilfiger, what about Gucci, Channel, etc? My daughter is trying to plan her spending money. Any other stuff you can get duty free> I know cigs, booze and perfume, what else?

psssst....nobody has replied so I will.....Cayman Islands are expensive when it comes to shopping. It's beautiful with lots of fun things to do, but the shopping is expensive. Don't even flame me because everyone knows it's true!!!

psssst....nobody has replied so I will.....Cayman Islands are expensive when it comes to shopping. It's beautiful with lots of fun things to do, but the shopping is expensive. Don't even flame me because everyone knows it's true!!!

I agree wholeheartedly! I did find my perfume there for about $20 less than at home, but I couldn't compare that price to what the ship might have since I was doing a land vacation then. The exchange with the US dollar favors the GC Dollar. Much better shopping in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Cozumel is pretty good too.

June

I have not been to Grand Cayman since March of 2002 but I thought some things were not that bad in price. I collect Swarovski Crystal and there is a store there that has a fantastic selection and tells you the price in US dollars. The Swarovski was anywhere from 20% to 30% less than retail in the US. I am looking forward to seeing if that has changed. I had also bought a really nice tanzanite bracelet that seemed a lot cheaper than Cozumel with out the haggling. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Do you know the name of the store?

There are actually two that carry a good selection of Swarovski one is Swarovski Boutique the other is in one of the Grand Switzerland stores (not to be confused with Little Switzerland) they are not the same company but you would guess they were the same with watches and jewelry. It has been since 2002 when I was last in Georgetown at that time I preferred Grand Switzerland.

Archived