Carnival Spirit in Australia

M&A

D don't know if this has been discussed previously. I have been trying to get more information on the Spirit going to Australia. The Carnival site only shows up until April 012 and the on-line travel sites don't show it yet either.

We are planning another cruise next year from Australia and RCI, X, Princess, P&O have published there interaries but nothing from Carnival yet. RCI is adding another ship to Australia. I am glad to see Carnival finally getting into the Downunder market, great for competition and I'm sure prices will come down.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/01/carnival-cruise-lines-spirit-australia-new-zealand-sydney/138195/1

Yea,,I've also been waiting for Carnival to provide more information on itineraries and such. We've got the desire, the vacation time, and the miles for the long haul up front,,,just need Carnival to do their thing.

• 1 month later...
D don't know if this has been discussed previously. I have been trying to get more information on the Spirit going to Australia. The Carnival site only shows up until April 012 and the on-line travel sites don't show it yet either.

We are planning another cruise next year from Australia and RCI, X, Princess, P&O have published there interaries but nothing from Carnival yet. RCI is adding another ship to Australia. I am glad to see Carnival finally getting into the Downunder market, great for competition and I'm sure prices will come down.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/01/carnival-cruise-lines-spirit-australia-new-zealand-sydney/138195/1

I just came across your post, and I'll do my best to fill you in on what I know so far. Carnival opened a 12-night Vancouver to Honolulu cruise on the Spirit for several days in late February, and then closed the booking. On Friday March 11 they opened it back up, a PVP from Carnival called, and we booked. There is a Facebook page: Van-Honolulu-Oz 2012

that is for folks booked on the first leg of the repositioning to Sydney. The same Carnival PVP called last Wednesday and told me the Honolulu to Sydney cruise will open to the Australian market between April 15th and "early May." The port of Sydney shows the Spirit arriving there for the first time on October 17, 2012. They also show the Spirit departing for a 13-night cruise on October 25, 2012. If you do a Google search, you will find some articles about 13-night cruises to New Zealand aboard the Spirit, and I sense the October 25 sailing is the first of those. When I hear something more, I'll try my best to remember to post again so you'll see what I learn.

Archived