Booking of Back to Back Cruises

vanrhyn

Hello:

I am in the process of thinking about vacation for next summer (2012 possibly Alaska). If a person books a back to back cruise (not listed as single cruise) do you need to place two deposits (one for each segement) or do you only pay one deposit?

I would like to know so that when I am on my cruise this spring I can purchase the appropriate number of deposits on board and perhaps even book the cruises.

Rod

Hello:

I am in the process of thinking about vacation for next summer (2012 possibly Alaska). If a person books a back to back cruise (not listed as single cruise) do you need to place two deposits (one for each segement) or do you only pay one deposit?

I would like to know so that when I am on my cruise this spring I can purchase the appropriate number of deposits on board and perhaps even book the cruises.

Rod

If you purchase them as back to back cruises you have to pay a deposit for each. If the cruise combination is combinable, as it often is, into one cruise, then you only have to pay one deposit.

The 27 day cruise we are booked on in April was originally being sold as a 15 day plus a 12 day and then HAL offered the combined cruise. We changed ours from two cruises to one combined as our TA said there was a financial advantage for doing so.

The 27 day cruise we are booked on in April was originally being sold as a 15 day plus a 12 day and then HAL offered the combined cruise. We changed ours from two cruises to one combined as our TA said there was a financial advantage for doing so.

Does anyone know how this sort of situation is handled regarding Shareholder Benefits if you own Carnival shares? We booked a 29 day cruise that is comprised of 12 day and 17 day segments.

Thanks,

Bodger

Does anyone know how this sort of situation is handled regarding Shareholder Benefits if you own Carnival shares? We booked a 29 day cruise that is comprised of 12 day and 17 day segments.

Thanks,

Bodger

I only know what they do as far as OBC's. When our cruises were combined there was only a credit available for one cruise, where there had been two sets of credits when we had the two cruises booked. I suspect the same would apply to shareholder credits.

I am sure there are those who can affirm my guess.

HAL now has a number of cruises they call "Collectors Cruises". They are essentially b-to-b but they sell them as one cruise.

OP....... if the two segements you choose happen to be Collectors Cruise, you will only put down one deposit per person.

There are other advantages to selecting a B2B that is sold as a single cruise. There will be excursions available on B2B day for those on both legs. Internet packages, laundry packages, beverage cards etc. will be for the whole cruise. You can do some of this when it is two cruises, but it is easier with the single cruise B2B.

Thanks,

Bodger

Had you booked each cruise separately -- with 2 different booking numbers -- you would only get shipboard credit for one of the cruises from Carnival.

Before HAL started these Collector cruises we always had 2 separate bookings and Carnival would only give us shipboard credit for the one cruise.

last summer while on an AK cruise wanted to book P-dam for this spring on a 41 day TA-North Cape cruise. Was told that Future Cruise Deposits were only valid for cruises of 37days or less so we would need $3000 pp for deposit. However, if we would book it as a 20 day TA and a 21 day North Cape we could buy 2 Future Deposits ( $200 pp) and get two $100 OBC. Even though the combined cruise fare was about $350 pp cheaper then booking as two segments I did book as two as we should get Shareholder Benefit for both and some travel agency OBC and Pinnacle dinners from both. Basically though, I was unwilling to tie up the $6000 in deposits for the year opting for the use of Future Deposits instead.

Ev

Archived