Another kicking for uk passengers!

In the past we have been able to hold a cabin for 24 hours with RCI regardless of Category, had an E mail from our TA this morning telling us that RCI now have a New policy of not doing this for Inside cabins! only Ocean view and above!!! :rolleyes: does this apply to USA cruisers too ? or are UK cruisers once again being Discriminated against by the cruise lines.

In the past we have been able to hold a cabin for 24 hours with RCI regardless of Category, had an E mail from our TA this morning telling us that RCI now have a New policy of not doing this for Inside cabins! only Ocean view and above!!! :rolleyes: does this apply to USA cruisers too ? or are UK cruisers once again being Discriminated against by the cruise lines.

Never heard of this before.....no issues on holding interiors here in the US.

I've not heard of this before either, and the RCL website is still offering a curtesy hold on interior cabins for 24hrs... Are you certain your TA is not trying to pull a fast one to make you either book or hold a higher cabin?

I found this on the UK site under Early Booking offers and booking conditions. Booking Terms & Conditions

Prices valid during this promotion are applicable to new bookings only, created and confirmed between 26th Dec 2010 and 28th Feb 2011.* Prices shown are per person & vary by sail date & stateroom category. Prices are in pounds sterling & based on two people sharing an interior stateroom & are inclusive of taxes but do not include any service charges. Itinerary dates & pricing are correct at time of print however are subject to change & availability . All bookings for Interior cabinsmust be confirmed at the time of booking and options will not be held . For full terms and conditions, what is included , cancellation charges & other information please refer to the Royal Caribbean 2011/2012 Worldwide Cruises brochure, visit royalcaribbean.co.uk or contact your travel agent. Offer is only applicable to UK and Ireland residents. We reserve the right to amend* itineraries and sailing dates within the attached list at any time. You have received this mailing as you previously requested information from Royal Caribbean International. If you do not want to receive further mailings please email royalunsub.uk@rccl.com or write to Royal Caribbean International, Building 2 Aviator Park, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2PG. I wonder if this is what they are looking at?

Kimberley ..... All bookings for Interior cabinsmust be confirmed at the time of booking and options will not be held. I wonder if this is what they are looking at? ...

You may well be right but it is wrong only applying to the UK ! and why just Inside cabins ?

Why do we have to make mountains out of molehills, the words "a Kicking" and "Descrimination" are a bit OTT when simply referring to a 24 hour hold option. Surely we should be more concerned about the price difference between cruises sold in different countries, than a hold option. Or is it just that people love to moan about something, UK clients have to pay in £s as well, will that be considered descrimination next :)

Chip ... look at all the changes that have been forced on UK cruisers that do not apply across the board! you mention the main one in price differences, booking conditions that allow the USA cruisersto not lose a deposit despite holding the best cabins for 8 to 9 months, UK cruisers forced to pay admin fees for changes to cabins after the 1st change... just to name a few so yes i feel my title is justified.

Chip ... look at all the changes that have been forced on UK cruisers that do not apply across the board! you mention the main one in price differences, booking conditions that allow the USA cruisersto not lose a deposit despite holding the best cabins for 8 to 9 months, UK cruisers forced to pay admin fees for changes to cabins after the 1st change... just to name a few so yes i feel my title is justified.

However, if there is a hurricane, volcano eruption, ice storm, etc., the UK Cruisers get their money back. The US cruisers either purchase insurance or lose the full cost of their cruise.

However, if there is a hurricane, volcano eruption, ice storm, etc., the UK Cruisers get their money back. The US cruisers either purchase insurance or lose the full cost of their cruise.

No we don't get the money back if we haven't got insurance and if you book cruise only then the cruise company will not help.

I am sure UK cruisers only got their money back with insurance too.

Kimberley ..... All bookings for Interior cabinsmust be confirmed at the time of booking and options will not be held. I wonder if this is what they are looking at? ...

You may well be right but it is wrong only applying to the UK ! and why just Inside cabins ?

This is the only place where I found it. When I read your post I knew that I had seen it somewhere. It doesn't make sense to me. I have managed to hold an inside no problem, so I would question their rw

reasoning behind it.

I found this on the UK site under Early Booking offers and booking conditions. Booking Terms & Conditions

Prices valid during this promotion are applicable to new bookings only, created and confirmed between 26th Dec 2010 and 28th Feb 2011.* Prices shown are per person & vary by sail date & stateroom category. Prices are in pounds sterling & based on two people sharing an interior stateroom & are inclusive of taxes but do not include any service charges. Itinerary dates & pricing are correct at time of print however are subject to change & availability . All bookings for Interior cabinsmust be confirmed at the time of booking and options will not be held . For full terms and conditions, what is included , cancellation charges & other information please refer to the Royal Caribbean 2011/2012 Worldwide Cruises brochure, visit royalcaribbean.co.uk or contact your travel agent. Offer is only applicable to UK and Ireland residents. We reserve the right to amend* itineraries and sailing dates within the attached list at any time. You have received this mailing as you previously requested information from Royal Caribbean International. If you do not want to receive further mailings please email royalunsub.uk@rccl.com or write to Royal Caribbean International, Building 2 Aviator Park, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2PG. I wonder if this is what they are looking at?

It's quite clear that this policy is in reference to a special promotion if people would just take a moment to read the terms and conditions they wouldn't need to claim discrimination.

... UK cruisers forced to pay admin fees for changes to cabins after the 1st change... just to name a few so yes i feel my title is justified.

With regards to changing cabins -

You do not pay admin fee to change cabins within the same grade (this rule was actually only in place for a very short time)

You only pay if you swap to lower grade or cheaper costing, after you have used up your first free change.

Liz ... The booking in question is not being booked under the current offers such as what you see is what you get! so no idea whatis going on.

We were not aware that the booking fee of £35pp had been removed !

Hi

Can you clarify something for me please (forgive me my brain is frozen here:o) ...."booking in question" is this already booked, on hold, planning to book :confused:

Do you think your TA may have misunderstood the details they recieved with regards to holding inside cabins? As in, it is only during the time of the promotion that inside cabins cannot be put on hold?

Hi

Can you clarify something for me please (forgive me my brain is frozen here:o) ...."booking in question" is this already booked, on hold, planning to book :confused:

Do you think your TA may have misunderstood the details they recieved with regards to holding inside cabins? As in, it is only during the time of the promotion that inside cabins cannot be put on hold?

Liz I'm really thick but why can't you hold insides? What makes this promotion different and why does it not apply to other cabins. Thanks Kimberley

Liz I'm really thick but why can't you hold insides? What makes this promotion different and why does it not apply to other cabins. Thanks Kimberley

Hi Kimberley

I have no idea why this promotion was done in this way ?:confused:

I guess Miami decided it was to be this way in the UK...and the UK office just has to abide by it.

Archived