Pesos versus $

cruiselover04

Just returned from NCL Star Mexican Riveria cruise. Just an FYI, you don't have to use Pesos. The tour guides were quite surprised when we told them that our local currency exchange had recommended it. You are able to use your $US everywhere. I think if you were to use public transport etc it would be wise to have some Pesos available. We had no problem using $US anywhere.

Just returned from NCL Star Mexican Riveria cruise. Just an FYI, you don't have to use Pesos. The tour guides were quite surprised when we told them that our local currency exchange had recommended it. You are able to use your $US everywhere. I think if you were to use public transport etc it would be wise to have some Pesos available. We had no problem using $US anywhere.

It is just more respectful to use pesos just as it is better when Cand is used here in Canada over USD. I know of a few business up here that don't take USD or will charge a high service charge for it. Kinda like how most vendors and Taxi drivers use the 10/1 ratio when the exchange rate if hovering at 12/1.

FYI it is also easy to use or exchange Cand down there certainly easier right now the USD.......Did you exchange Cand to USD to use in Mexico?? LOL :eek:

Archived