Online Registration - Can I change my Document Type?

craig-n-carol

I'm taking the family to Alaska on the Pearl in June. My DW, DS14 and DD13 are applying for their passports this week, so we don't have the numbers yet. I understand there is no real reason to try to do the online check in yet, but IF I do and choose the Document Type for "State Issued Birth Certificate", can I change them to "Passport" later when I get the passport numbers? Or will there be a problem if I leave it as "SIBC" when we check in if they bring the passports and not the birth certificates?

Hope my question is clearer than mud!!! ;):o:p

I'm taking the family to Alaska on the Pearl in June. My DW, DS14 and DD13 are applying for their passports this week, so we don't have the numbers yet. I understand there is no real reason to try to do the online check in yet, but IF I do and choose the Document Type for "State Issued Birth Certificate", can I change them to "Passport" later when I get the passport numbers? Or will there be a problem if I leave it as "SIBC" when we check in if they bring the passports and not the birth certificates?

I just checked my online checkin for an upcoming cruise, which I'd done earlier this week. It looks like you do have the option to edit it. Not sure what the cutoff date is for information being final.

I just checked my online checkin for an upcoming cruise, which I'd done earlier this week. It looks like you do have the option to edit it. Not sure what the cutoff date is for information being final.

You can make edits. I renewed my son's passport after I had completed the online registration. Once I received the new passport, I changed the number in the online registration page.

Yes, I did it after final payment for my Jewel cruise. In the beginning I put in BC's and then decided to get passports.

I just went back into the online registration again and edited the BC to a passport. The box then popped up for the numbers and that was it.

By the way, I met someone on the cruise who put BC's on their online check in info, forgot to change it to passports and it didn't matter. They said they just handed over the passports, it was scanned and no questions asked.

Yes, you can change the document type. Everything needs to be done at least three days in advance of your cruise. I go ahead and fill everything out right when I book a cruise so it gets done.

I like to do the same thing so it's one less thing to worry about. This is my first cruise with the whole family. I have to admit I am a little nervous about how my unimpressed teenagers will react to their first cruise experience.

I am hoping the open seas will have an awe inspiring effect on them. :cool:

Archived