Changing Cabins once on Board??

*love2travel*

We are cruising with a small group. One of the members of our group may not be able to go because the 2nd person in her cabin can not make it. We are a family of 3. I was thinking we could book our 14yoa daughter in her room to make this work for her. We would still want our daughter to stay in our room once on board. Is it a problem to get her a key to our room if she is not booked in our room? Also, if we book as a party of 2 can the cabin (interior w/french doors) still sleep 3? Thanks for your help.

Lori

We had two (3 person) rooms on my Sensation cruise back in September. Me and one of the guys in the other rooms wanted to switch, so we just went to the Guest Relations desk. We had no problem getting swapped, they just changed it in the computer and printed new Sail and Sign cards for us.

Im not sure which ship you are on, but it probably doesnt have rollaways, so whatever # of people it shows on the deck plans is all the beds it will have.

Its no problem going to the purser's desk and getting your daughter a extra key to your cabin once onboard.

Im not sure which ship you are on, but it probably doesnt have rollaways, so whatever # of people it shows on the deck plans is all the beds it will have.

Its no problem going to the purser's desk and getting your daughter a extra key to your cabin once onboard.

We are on the Legend. Our room will have a sofa. Can all the sofa's be converted to beds?

We are on the Legend. Our room will have a sofa. Can all the sofa's be converted to beds?

Thats what I meant .. you have to look on the deck plans. If it has a convertible sofa, it will be marked on the deck plans as another bed.

No, some are little sofas, some are convertible, the size of a twin and the back pillows come off.

If your daughter isnt that tall, she may still be able to sleep on it ?

Thats what I meant .. you have to look on the deck plans. If it has a convertible sofa, it will be marked on the deck plans as another bed.

No, some are little sofas, some are convertible, the size of a twin and the back pillows come off.

If your daughter isnt that tall, she may still be able to sleep on it ?

Ok, got it. We are cuurently booked in a cabin for 3 so maybe we could just keep our same cabin. Thanks for the info.

Ok, got it. We are cuurently booked in a cabin for 3 so maybe we could just keep our same cabin. Thanks for the info.

If you then have the room booked for 2 people, the room steward will only be making up the 2 beds, and will also only be getting tips from the 2 people. You can certainly request for the sofa to be made up into a bed, but I would definitely tip the steward extra for doing that. You can go through Carnival's booking engine on their website for your sailing to see if they are allowing 2 people to book a 3-person room.

Also, keep in mind any potential costs for switching. I don't know if you are booked Early Saver and/or if you're passed final payment. Depending on that information, there may be penalties for what would amount to cancelling your daughter from your room. Plus, keep in mind that your daughter is currently under the 3rd person rate, which is significantly less than the 1st/2nd person rate. Once you make the switch, she will then be under the higher 1st/2nd person rate. I don't want to be a downer to your plans here; I just want you to see the extra costs that might be encountered here, so you can make the best decision.

If you then have the room booked for 2 people, the room steward will only be making up the 2 beds, and will also only be getting tips from the 2 people. You can certainly request for the sofa to be made up into a bed, but I would definitely tip the steward extra for doing that. You can go through Carnival's booking engine on their website for your sailing to see if they are allowing 2 people to book a 3-person room.

Also, keep in mind any potential costs for switching. I don't know if you are booked Early Saver and/or if you're passed final payment. Depending on that information, there may be penalties for what would amount to cancelling your daughter from your room. Plus, keep in mind that your daughter is currently under the 3rd person rate, which is significantly less than the 1st/2nd person rate. Once you make the switch, she will then be under the higher 1st/2nd person rate. I don't want to be a downer to your plans here; I just want you to see the extra costs that might be encountered here, so you can make the best decision.

Thank you for the information. I had not even thought about the room steward. We did book early saver but have not made final payment. We would probably be penalized for cancelling her in our cabin and booking her in another. We will have to think about other options for our friend. Hate to see anyone left behind..:)

Thank you for the information. I had not even thought about the room steward. We did book early saver but have not made final payment. We would probably be penalized for cancelling her in our cabin and booking her in another. We will have to think about other options for our friend. Hate to see anyone left behind..:)

Since you are before final payment, to make this kind of switch should come out to a $50 fee. After final payment have much bigger penalties, for Early Saver and all other rates. It's always best to call Carnival and see what they might be able to do for you. You never know when they might decide to make an exception. The biggest issue for you then will be what I mentioned about your daughter then being under the higher 1st/2nd person rate instead of the 3rd person rate. That could be a big difference, and I can't see Carnival making any exception on that. If your friend sails solo, she would have to pay a 2nd cruise fare for a person that's not there. That would come out to more money than if you made the switch. Best thing, of course, would be to find someone else to go.

Archived