Just back off Serenade back to back

paul_a142

Did you book your own flights or through RCCL? Which airlines/route did you take?

Our first cruise was a 7 nighter on Serenade in 2007, now we're looking for a Feb/March 2012 cruise and we have narrowed it down to a B2B on Serenade or a 14 night on Celebrity Constellation.

Hi I never book through RCCL always independantly Your options are quite vast. I prefer Virgin Atlantic as we are in their frequent flyer club and used our points this time for a bit of upper class luxury.:D:D

With VS you have the choice of MCO or MIA or even New York with a connection to SJU. All I will say is fly at least the day prior. On this sailaway we were talking with a UK couple who flew VS to SJU via Antigua (it's a saturday only service) but they didint arrive in SJU until abou 17:00 - a little fine for me, sooner get there the day before and shed the jet lag before boarding.

Our actual routing this time was LGW to MCO then a car to MIA (we did a 4 night on Majesty back to MIA) then MIA to SJU with AA. On the return SJU to JFK with Jetblue and JFK to LHR with VS

Hope that helps if you need any more info please ask

Regards.

Paul

Hi Paul

We are almost neighbours - we live in Nantwich.

Thanks for your thoughts on the flights - we have been desperate to do a southern caribbean for years - we are finally going next Friday - flying via New York from Manchester with Continental. We don't get to San Juan til 10pm but figure that we will just go straight to the hotel and sleep until it's time to board.We also always book our flights independantly - we learnt the hard way when we did a package with RC last year on the Dubai cruise on the Brilliance - great cruise but bad flights.

We also like to fly with Virgin - but my husband had some air miles to use with Continental.

We are sailing on the Serenade and we can't wait - unfortunately only for a week but it fits with the son's half term.

Great to hear you had a good time.

Hi Paul

We are almost neighbours - we live in Nantwich.

Thanks for your thoughts on the flights - we have been desperate to do a southern caribbean for years - we are finally going next Friday - flying via New York from Manchester with Continental. We don't get to San Juan til 10pm but figure that we will just go straight to the hotel and sleep until it's time to board.We also always book our flights independantly - we learnt the hard way when we did a package with RC last year on the Dubai cruise on the Brilliance - great cruise but bad flights.

We also like to fly with Virgin - but my husband had some air miles to use with Continental.

We are sailing on the Serenade and we can't wait - unfortunately only for a week but it fits with the son's half term.

Great to hear you had a good time.

Hi near neighbour LOL

Coming back into New York on Saturday we were amazed at the amount of snow they had had during the week. After 3 weeks in the sun it was an eye opener!!!!!

You will love Serenade just one tip your info tells you to board at around 5:30 take no notice because if you do you will be the last ones to board :eek:

Aim to get to the pier around 12:30 by the time you're checked in your stateroom will be ready, have dinner in the Windjammer and then the afternoon to explore sunbathe etc.

Regards.

Paul

We were on the same B2B as melbur.Our table were all B2B,we had a great time with great people.Our table number was 441

Mel hope u had a good trip home.

Hi Dan - yes, good trip home to cold and snow, same as you I'm sure!

Paul - Our waiter was Dennis on both weeks

Archived