Just back off Serenade back to back

paul_a142

Hi Paul,hope you loved your trip.

How long did it take to get on the ship and which time can i get off the ship last day

Thanks

Herbert:):):)

Herbert very quick both ways. We are diamond and had preffered check in so from arriving by cab at about 12:20 we were onboard by 12:40

Leaving we had a flight in Group A 08:20 actually left the Colony club at 08:35 and we were at the airport for 09:10

Paul

Paul;

Thanks for the offer.

We are booked for a B-2-B on the Serenade this June.

Last time we did the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan, RCI had dropped prices to "next-to-nothing" for San Juan residents (I mean like $250 for an inside cabin). There were several incidents aboard that week where things were stolen, vandelized, etc. and there were lots of "drunken disturbances" as well, that we never experienced on an RCI cruise before. Now my wife is worried about doing that itenerary again.

Did you have that experience or hear of anything like that on your cruise?

How was turnaround day? Did you have to leave the ship and then reboard? Was there a special lunch in the dining room for consecutive cruisers? I've read some reviews where those on a B2B got a 2 for 1 coupon for the specialty restaurants - was this the case on your sailing?

We're doing a B2B on the serenade in November so any info you can share is appreciated :)

We're doing b2b on Serenade 2/26 & 3/5. Am also wondering about "turn around" day. Do we have to get up at the crack before dawn to go thru Customs/Immigration (that's what we had to do on Radiance in December) or can we sleep in a bit.

When we were sailing on Radiance last March the b2b folks were treated to dinner with some of staff/officers in Portifinos, do they do that on Serenade?

Which was your favorite port (we've been to most of them) and what do you wish you would have or wouldn't have done (excursion or otherwise).

I'm sure I'll think of other questions!

Thanks

Paul;

Thanks for the offer.

We are booked for a B-2-B on the Serenade this June.

Last time we did the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan, RCI had dropped prices to "next-to-nothing" for San Juan residents (I mean like $250 for an inside cabin). There were several incidents aboard that week where things were stolen, vandelized, etc. and there were lots of "drunken disturbances" as well, that we never experienced on an RCI cruise before. Now my wife is worried about doing that itenerary again.

Did you have that experience or hear of anything like that on your cruise?

We had heard that RCCL do indeed reduce the costs or those living in San Juan but the ship was quite full before christmas so I don't think that much discounting took place.

Not being an officiado on languages and dialect can't be too sure but we did hear alot of "spanish" spoken. Also after all messages by such as as the captain they were given out by the international ambassador in spanish.

I wouldn't worry about it just enjoy the wonderful ship and it's itinerary.

Regards.

Paul

How was turnaround day? Did you have to leave the ship and then reboard? Was there a special lunch in the dining room for consecutive cruisers? I've read some reviews where those on a B2B got a 2 for 1 coupon for the specialty restaurants - was this the case on your sailing?

We're doing a B2B on the serenade in November so any info you can share is appreciated :)

We're doing b2b on Serenade 2/26 & 3/5. Am also wondering about "turn around" day. Do we have to get up at the crack before dawn to go thru Customs/Immigration (that's what we had to do on Radiance in December) or can we sleep in a bit.

When we were sailing on Radiance last March the b2b folks were treated to dinner with some of staff/officers in Portifinos, do they do that on Serenade?

Which was your favorite port (we've been to most of them) and what do you wish you would have or wouldn't have done (excursion or otherwise).

I'm sure I'll think of other questions!

Thanks

Turn around was a breeze. We had a letter in our stateroom regarding what was to happen.

We had a meeting for all consecutive cruisers in the Vortex on the seay day talks by several staff thanking you for staying aboard etc. They also offer you the 2 for 1 offer in Chops or Portofino's for Saturday evening.

If you have B2B before you know that your seapass account will close early Saturday am We had to visit the ambassadors desk on deck 8 on saturday morning to collect our new sea passes (if you are using the same credit card for the 1st cruise.) They retain your old sea passes until day 2 of 2nd cruise and deliver them to your stateroom.

They provided a special lunch in the Reflections dining room which was very nice a 3 course meal served to you. Seemed strange eating and people for the 2nd cruise coming in to check their table asignments and seeing people already eating LOL

If you are not going ashore you have to do nothing regarding immigration no vist to the terminal is needed just enjoy the quiet onboard.

If you do intend to leave they ask you to leave between 8am and 10am where you check out with your old sea pass and check back in with your new one. They also give you an "in transit" card to show when you come back through (don't forget a picture ID)

Hope that helps.

Paul

Thank you for the information. Did you get to choose whether you wanted the coupon for Chops or Portofino? Or did the cruiseline make that decision?

There was no coupon a member of the restaurant staff came round to ask if we wanted to take up the offer. It was just a case of where and when. He took note of the stateroom numbers so that when we arrived they knew that we were 2 for 1

Paul

Just been busy arranging the same 2 cruises for next january had some probs with RCCL here in the UK but my TA has just advised me that all is well :):)

Need to sort out a new countdown clock LOL

Paul,

Do you recall who the cruise director was?

I'm thinking that the Captain is going to be changing mid-February so I don't think we'll be having the same Captain at the end of the month.

Thanks

The current CD is Marc Walker who is from the UK He was on Adventure a while back and to be honest although OK he wasn't the best CD we have met.

The captain is Michel Claveau who was really good, very funny at times with his daily trivia etc I understand he started his present term of duty on 5th December and not sure how long they do before time off.

Paul

Paul Thanks for your info. We will be on our 1st. B2B in Oct/Nov. Our DD and her family will be sailing with us the second week.. What time was the luncheon on turnaround day? Loved hearing about the 2 for 1 dinner in Portofino or Chops.

Judi :)

Paul Thanks for your info. We will be on our 1st. B2B in Oct/Nov. Our DD and her family will be sailing with us the second week.. What time was the luncheon on turnaround day? Loved hearing about the 2 for 1 dinner in Portofino or Chops.

Judi :)

Judi lunch was at 11:30 I think they like everyone to arrive at about the same time. The waiters came round with the menus gave you a few minutes and then came back to take your order finally dinner was served.

Worked well.

It's nice to get something for free LOL ;)

Paul

Turn around was a breeze. We had a letter in our stateroom regarding what was to happen.

We had a meeting for all consecutive cruisers in the Vortex on the seay day talks by several staff thanking you for staying aboard etc. They also offer you the 2 for 1 offer in Chops or Portofino's for Saturday evening.

If you have B2B before you know that your seapass account will close early Saturday am We had to visit the ambassadors desk on deck 8 on saturday morning to collect our new sea passes (if you are using the same credit card for the 1st cruise.) They retain your old sea passes until day 2 of 2nd cruise and deliver them to your stateroom.

They provided a special lunch in the Reflections dining room which was very nice a 3 course meal served to you. Seemed strange eating and people for the 2nd cruise coming in to check their table asignments and seeing people already eating LOL

If you are not going ashore you have to do nothing regarding immigration no vist to the terminal is needed just enjoy the quiet onboard.

If you do intend to leave they ask you to leave between 8am and 10am where you check out with your old sea pass and check back in with your new one. They also give you an "in transit" card to show when you come back through (don't forget a picture ID)

Hope that helps.

Paul

Hi Paul,

On another thread it was stated that the 2 for 1 was no longer offered because a coupon is given to all diamond plus members is this true?

Hi Paul,

On another thread it was stated that the 2 for 1 was no longer offered because a coupon is given to all diamond plus members is this true?

Hi - was on the same B2B as Paul - they offer the 2 for 1 at your choice of either Portofinos or Chops at the "Consecutive Cruisers" get together held on the last sea day of your first week. Also had a great special for salon and spa services - 30% off if you booked at the get together for any time during your upcoming week.

Hi - was on the same B2B as Paul - they offer the 2 for 1 at your choice of either Portofinos or Chops at the "Consecutive Cruisers" get together held on the last sea day of your first week. Also had a great special for salon and spa services - 30% off if you booked at the get together for any time during your upcoming week.

Hi melbur I had forgotten about the 30% discount on spa treatments DW had a treatment and we had a little grief getting the discount applied but all was sorted out later on.

Paul

PS looks like were doing the same B2B again in 2012 :)

A couple of questions that quickly come to mind:

Do you know whether they had any local caribbean beers on board or if they have any beer on tap or just bottles?

Do you remember if it was Day 3 that they had the encrusted turkey tenderloins? Or do you have menus by some chance? I know this question gets asked a lot, just want to know what night to make reservations at the specialty restaurant.

Thank you, I am sure I will have more. Will you be doing a review at all? We are going on the Tortola itinerary, and I am getting so excited I can't see straight. :eek:

Paul,

Thanks for sharing your info. We are on a B2B May 22 & 29 on the Serenade.

I do have a question that you may not be able to answer but maybe someone on here could.

Our daughter will be with us on the first week and then it will just be the two of us. Will we be able to get off the ship with her to make sure she gets her luggage o.k. and finds the transportation she needs to get to the airport? We figured that they wouldn't let her stay longer on the ship with us that day since she is not on the next sailing.

Luckily we have the same cabin for both weeks so we don't have to pack up. We also thought that if we can get off with her, we would just help her off with her luggage and not even set it out the night before. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer questions.

Katy

Paul,

Thanks for sharing your info. We are on a B2B May 22 & 29 on the Serenade.

I do have a question that you may not be able to answer but maybe someone on here could.

Our daughter will be with us on the first week and then it will just be the two of us. Will we be able to get off the ship with her to make sure she gets her luggage o.k. and finds the transportation she needs to get to the airport? We figured that they wouldn't let her stay longer on the ship with us that day since she is not on the next sailing.

Luckily we have the same cabin for both weeks so we don't have to pack up. We also thought that if we can get off with her, we would just help her off with her luggage and not even set it out the night before. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer questions.

Katy

Yes, you can get off, you go through the same terminal as those picking up their luggage, and exit through Customs the same, just that you go through the short line as "In Transit" - a form which you will get when you pick up your new Seapass card for week 2. Once off though, you cannot return til after 11:30 as you have to come back in with your new Seapass card.

A couple of questions that quickly come to mind:

Do you know whether they had any local caribbean beers on board or if they have any beer on tap or just bottles?

Do you remember if it was Day 3 that they had the encrusted turkey tenderloins? Or do you have menus by some chance? I know this question gets asked a lot' date=' just want to know what night to make reservations at the specialty restaurant.

Thank you, I am sure I will have more. Will you be doing a review at all? We are going on the Tortola itinerary, and I am getting so excited I can't see straight. :eek:[/quote']

Hi sorry for the late reply but with the time difference over here you posted while I was asleep LOL

I can't remember seeing any caribbean beers to be honest, regarding draught beers they had Miller lite on offer at about $4:25 for a pint (20oz to you) or Heineken which was around $5:50 both of course need 15% adding to them.

Regarding menus sorry but I didin't write the menu's down I know we went to Portofino's on the Friday night and when we went into the main dining room on the following Friday I wish we had gone again :eek: Obviously it's down to personal preference I don't eat fish and I seem to remember that there was a lot that night !!!

Not intending to do a review what has been said in the past in them is about right besides to do a review I would have to be making notes and I haven't gone on holiday to do that ;)

If you are doing Tortola in my opinion your best day will be Monday in St Maarten We hired a cab and went to Maho beach (where the aircraft land) had a couple of hours there until the AA flight from JFK arrived (big plane) Got there about 9:30 and very quiet but within an hour the place was really busy. We had arranged for the taxi driver to pick us up again around noon.

She dropped us off near to the Courthouse in the town and we went onto the main beach. We were surprised how it has developed since we were there last. There are good deals to be had for beds brollies and beers :D The downside is that there are a LOT of the locals trying to sell you stuff, best to close your eyes and pretend to sleep !!!!

Regards.

Paul

Thank you so much for your responses!! I understand about that being on holiday thing!!! I always keep a journal because I scrapbook, but by the end I am usually lacking.

After reading your post and seeing where you were from.....then I saw your wife's name.......I do believe we were on the Brilliance together (Panama Canal)?? Do you remember me and Sunrunner were the 2 gabby ones on the roll call? Of course you did a pretty good job yourself!! Anyway, thanks again. We were going to do a b2b this time too, but finances kind of directed us to one week. Someday!

Thank you so much for your responses!! I understand about that being on holiday thing!!! I always keep a journal because I scrapbook' date=' but by the end I am usually lacking.

After reading your post and seeing where you were from.....then I saw your wife's name.......I do believe we were on the Brilliance together (Panama Canal)?? Do you remember me and Sunrunner were the 2 gabby ones on the roll call? Of course you did a pretty good job yourself!! Anyway, thanks again. We were going to do a b2b this time too, but finances kind of directed us to one week. Someday![/quote']

OMG yes I do. I thought the name sounded familiar but just assumed that I had read post from you before. :o As they say it's a small world LOL. If I remember rightly I did a count of the posts you had done :rolleyes:

To be honest as we have such a long journey and the flights are so expensive to us it makes sense to B2B Last week was our first but we are already so looking forward to getting back on Serenade.

Regards.

Paul

Did you book your own flights or through RCCL? Which airlines/route did you take?

Our first cruise was a 7 nighter on Serenade in 2007, now we're looking for a Feb/March 2012 cruise and we have narrowed it down to a B2B on Serenade or a 14 night on Celebrity Constellation.

Archived