Villefranche Eze and Monaco ?

scotslizzy

There are a lot of threads about this subject if you use the CC Search option. But we will repeat some of the details. Monte Carlo is easy to access via bus or train from Villefranche. The train is faster (once it comes) but the Monte Carlo train station is not as convenient as the various bus stops in the heart of the city. Just follow the crowd to one of the Villefranche bus stops (or train station) knowing that in either case you do have to walk a few minutes and part of the walk is upslope or up steps (train station). As to Eze, this is a bit more complicated. There is no direct bus from Villefranche to Eze Village but there are buses from either Nice or Monte Carlo direct to Eze Village. The problem is that the bus does not fun as often as one would like. Another option is to take a bus or train to the coastal Eze/Bord sur Mer stop and then get a different bus up to Eze Village....but again, the bus up to the Village does not run as often as one would prefer. When you get closer to your cruise date ask again and we (or others) can post a link to the bus schedules.

Hank

Thanks very your reply. We did tender at Villefranche on a previous cruise but only went as far as Nice which was really easy so I just thought it would be the same for Monaco .Myabe we should reconsider Eze ?

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Thanks very your reply. We did tender at Villefranche on a previous cruise but only went as far as Nice which was really easy so I just thought it would be the same for Monaco .Myabe we should reconsider Eze ?

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Getting to Monte Carlo is as easy as going to Nice but takes a little longer. The same bus line #100 actually goes between Nice and MC and stops in Villefranche. Its the same with the train as its the same train (just going in the other direction). Eze is nice since its a real change from the larger cities... You can do it with the buses but it just requires a little planning to take advantage of the bus schedule.

Hank

.Myabe we should reconsider Eze ?

No, don't! I was on a (U.S. Navy) ship several years ago that stopped in Villefranche and we used that as our base to visit Nice, Monaco and Eze, all using local transport (i.e., bus or train). For me, Eze was the absolute highlight of the trip and worth the extra effort to reach.

We're on a cruise this fall that stops in Monaco and this time, I'll be taking my hubby to Eze....it's so unique and beautiful that I want him to be able to see it.

Archived