Budweiser select 55

deebduck12

That is what I do not like about cruise critic any more.....a person cannot ask a simple question without being torn down or torn apart. Very disappointing. This used to be such a great outlet to ask questions and now it's a medium for other people to criticize each other. Let's go back to a kinder gentler cruise critic! I miss the old boards!

HAL uses it to remove rust from the anchor chains.

Rich

I couldn't have said it better myself.. Andit certainly is not a critic of a person.. Just a horrible beer...

Expressing one's opposing and sometimes negative/harsh opinions of someone else's preference can be perceived as a critic of the person. It gives the boards a negative "feel".

Not everyone has the same tastes. Makes the world go round. However, let's simply just answer questions that are asked. The poster did not ask what others thought of the beer. Just wanted to know whether it was served.

The only Budweiser they had on the Volendam last month was 'regular' in the blue, aluminum can/bottles. The bar menu meant nothing and beer selection was very 'hit & miss' depending on the bar. 'Local' Australian, Fiji and NZ beers appeared and disappeared throughout the cruise.

That is what I do not like about cruise critic any more.....a person cannot ask a simple question without being torn down or torn apart. Very disappointing. This used to be such a great outlet to ask questions and now it's a medium for other people to criticize each other. Let's go back to a kinder gentler cruise critic! I miss the old boards!

In general I find it odd when people ask about very specific things being on the ship. And when it is the OP's first post in almost three years it makes it even stranger.

I happen to enjoy the Select 55 beer. . .some of us have to count calories!. ...however, it is nice to know that it also cleans anchor chains :rolleyes:

It would probably work on jewelry too! And does it remove make-up too? ;)

HAL's best beer offering is Grolsch. It is Dutch! As a bonus, it comes in a larger bottle.

igraf

LMAO! :D

This topic reminds me: The Westerdam actually had a beer I could drink last month -- Dos Equis Amber. I'm not sure if it was an aberration or what.

HAL's best beer offering is Grolsch. It is Dutch! As a bonus, it comes in a larger bottle.

Yes... and it's also the most expensive!

In '03/'04 on the Amsterdam (S.A./Antarctica) I met three couples from the Netherlands and we all hung around in the Crows Nest drinking Grolsch... until they ran out - we drank it dry... LOL.

I said "What? The name of this ship is the Amsterdam, it's registered in Rotterdam and belongs to Holland America. How can you run out of Grolsch?"

The good thing about Grolsch is the bottles are 'recapable' with a waterproof seal. So when they run out, you take an empty one, write a note - Help! Stranded on cruise ship with no good beer. Co-ordinates approx. 60 degrees, 60 minutes south, 60 degrees, 60 minutes west. Please send Grolsch." put it in the bottle, 'cap it' and throw it over the side. ;)

The good thing about Grolsch is the bottles are 'recapable' with a waterproof seal. So when they run out, you take an empty one, write a note - Help! Stranded on cruise ship with no good beer. Co-ordinates approx. 60 degrees, 60 minutes south, 60 degrees, 60 minutes west. Please send Grolsch." put it in the bottle, 'cap it' and throw it over the side. ;)

Sometimes the end justifies the means. Ya gotta violate the "Nothing overboard" rule to get the basic necessities of life. ;)

<snip> The good thing about Grolsch is the bottles are 'recapable' with a waterproof seal. So when they run out, you take an empty one, write a note - Help! Stranded on cruise ship with no good beer. Co-ordinates approx. 60 degrees, 60 minutes south, 60 degrees, 60 minutes west. Please send Grolsch." put it in the bottle, 'cap it' and throw it over the side. ;)

My DH is going to love your post! When he boards a HAL ship he tells the first bartender he sees to please spread the word that he drinks two Grolsch a day ... and they better make sure not to run out while he is cruising! :D

Archived