South Beach Experience or Infinity Bay?

K&M2009

My wife and I are currently booked on an NCL excursion called "South Beach Experience" and was wondering if anyone has been there. I saw some pictures and read some commentary of some people that went to Infinity Bay and it looks nice, but am wondering which one I should choose. If I did Infinity Bay, I'd have to take a taxi or arrange my own shuttle. Not sure how safe Roatan is and if that's advisable or not, but anyway taking everything into consideration I'm trying to figure out which one to do. Thoughts?

This exciting beach tour will take you from your ship through several villages to Parrot Tree Plantation community in First Bight, where you'll be driven through the 200-acre estate all the way out to the beach lagoon. Once there you'll be treated to the best - you may relax in lounge chairs, on beach beds, and under the shade of palm trees and palapas along the beach. You'll also enjoy a complimentary island-style salad bar buffet which includes beans and rice,fried plantains,fish,chicken,a green salad, soft drinks, fruit punch, lemonade and water. If you are a beach lover, don't think of anything else, the South Beach Experience is your best choice.

$59/pp

My wife and I are currently booked on an NCL excursion called "South Beach Experience" and was wondering if anyone has been there. I saw some pictures and read some commentary of some people that went to Infinity Bay and it looks nice, but am wondering which one I should choose. If I did Infinity Bay, I'd have to take a taxi or arrange my own shuttle. Not sure how safe Roatan is and if that's advisable or not, but anyway taking everything into consideration I'm trying to figure out which one to do. Thoughts?

for $59.00/pp, I think you can book a "private" tour through Victor Bodden or Rony's for cheaper and they will stay with you all day and take you wherever you want. Do a search for either of these (or Google) or just search yourself through the boards. Lots of info on private tours.

The thing is that we don't want a tour. We want to go to a beach and stay there and relax until we're ready to go back to the ship. I'm just trying to figure out if the "South Beach Experience" that I'm currently signed up for is pretty good or if I'd enjoy the West End beach more.

We were like you. All we wanted was a "do it yourself" day at the beach on our terms. Thus the cab to Infinity Bay Resort... when WE wanted to leave the ship and returning when we chose to return. We ate lunch at the resort's restaurant which was excellent and VERY cost effective. Our bill with my DH's couple of local beers was around $20. The Infinity pool right on the beach was beautiful and the staff was very helpful answering questions. Very uncrowded in comparison to other beach clubs. There are MANY places to stop and eat and you aren't limitied to the excursion "buffets". Makes for an interesting walk along the beach both ways. Ant the snorkeling from the beach is very good. (equip rental is 10.00)

I am not familiar with where your excursion is taking you. But we enjoyed the lively atmosphere on West Bay. An easy drive of less than a half hour. Weren't looking to be away from the popular draw. Looks like your trip is planned for an out of the way quiet spot.

Cost of our day with lunch, rides and day pass was about $85 for the two of us. Not bad for a fantastic day!

You can get a day pass to Parrot Tree including use of all facilities for $10 pp and arrange your own independent transport, then pay as you go for food and drinks. When I emailed them they offered transport for $30 pp but I think any of the tour operators that are recommended on here will take you for $25pp and then as others have said you have the freedom to go where you like. Just because you have the tour booked you don't have to do an island tour but you are free to go to another location if you want, if for example the weather isn't as nice as you would like!

As previous poster said you can do the same sort of thing to Infinity. I think the day pass there is $15pp. Since you are docking at Mahogany Bay I think Parrot Tree is closer if that makes any difference to you.

Archived