S&S cards for kids

bunchesofun

You can block their sail and sign card from charging and then it will not work in the video arcade (or anywhere else for that matter). What I do is use mine to buy some tokens, then give the tokens to the kids. That way, I know exactly how much it is costing. :)

I believe you can put cash on their sail and sign card and they are limited to the amount of cash you put on it. You would need to be sure it wasn't linked to a credit card on your sail and sign card. This is what I am planning on doing when we sail.

What we did for the grandsons, put a hold on thier card and then give them cash to get tokens for the arcade!! When the money is gone, they need to find something else to do!!:D CASH does work to get Tokens!!!

If they need to shop on the ship, they will need you to make purchases for them!! They also had soda cards, so didnt have to worry about those charges.

I have heard of people putting a limit on their kids cards when using a credit card (I only read it on here though. I don't have first hand experience with that), but I think the best way for them not to go over the amount is to make their cards cash only and then put a set amount of cash on the cards the first day.

Once it's gone, it's gone and they will have to go to you if they want more $$.

Just be aware, that when using the cards as cash only, you can still make a few purchases within the first 24hrs of the cruise even without having cash on it (I think there is a cap on the total amount you can charge with out having cash), so it is still best to visit guest services before giving them the cards so that you have more control.

I believe you can put cash on their sail and sign card and they are limited to the amount of cash you put on it. You would need to be sure it wasn't linked to a credit card on your sail and sign card. This is what I am planning on doing when we sail.

they are minors-- if youkeep the card opened to be charged it will need to be linked to the credit card or cash of the main person in the cabin.

You can put an amount on that card-- but if that amount goes over you are still responsible.

You CAN charge up to 24 hours after boarding- and there really is no limit.

--

For the ships that have the interactive tv- you can be able to watch the kids spending.

BUT - if that card is lost-- someone else can use it for charging.

Also- I think the arcade has a limit to what can be charged daily off the sign and sail card

We didn't block their cards, we just told them "no". They had soda cards, a few bucks cash for the arcade and a whole ship full of things to do. When they want to buy a souvenir, we went with them to make the purchase. They really only needed their S&S cards for room keys. Granted, our boys were 9 and 12. Maybe younger ones have a harder time.

We put a limit of $10 per day on our sons cards once, but since then we just tell them what their limit is and they've never went over. It's nice to allow them to make purchases and actually is cheaper than a soda card since we usually have four port stops and only three days at sea.

I usually check their purchases each day to make sure they haven't lost their card and we aren't racking up charges for someone else.

Our boys are now 16, 13, and 10. They've had full charging privileges for over five years and have done fine. With that said, I also frequently have them pay for day to day purchases and pay tips as well. It's not their money or my money, it's our money is how I look at it and how I want them to view it as well.

they need the card to get on and off the ship

only stated because of new cruisers will lock the sign and sail card in the safe and have to go all the way back and get them when trying to get off the ship.

Amazed at the number of people around me when getting off the ship-- holds up the line because they do not have the cards for everyone

This is what we done the last 3 or 5 cruises.

They are linked to my account with zero spending ablility when you sign in at port. Once onship go to the guest services and place a XYZ.00 amount of a

daily limited on the S&S cards.

It works everytime good for us.

Archived