Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

KeithsKelly: There are times when we must make an exception to our CCF mantra - and you certainly are worthy of that today!!

You have much to do and this close to cruising, the To Do List takes priority:cool:.

After the wedding this weekend, I will start with a clean spreadsheet and outfits notes. A 10-night cruise is my favorite - sailing from New Jersey in December, though, makes it interesting...clothes are heavy but colors are still tropical for the first and last 2 days. And with no luggage restrictions, I can add a few "maybes":).

Indiana,

That is what is going to be so neat this Christmas cruise. We are driving to Ft. Lauderdale and making a land vacation out of it too. So I am not restricted on the amount of suitcases. YEAH!!! I can take extra outfits so if I'm not in the mood to wear something I can get something else out. I will even have a suitcase dedicated to ony being Christmas decorations and Christmas presents for my DD and her family and the GS that will be cruising with us.

I am Loving not having so many restrictions for the clothes.

Since we are taking a week to get to FL. I was going to wash clothes after we got there and putting them back in the suitcase for the cruise and the DH said "WHY? we are driving". You can just pack the heavier clothes for the road trip and we can just leave them in the car when we cruise. That works for me!!!:D

I have already started my mental notes on what I am going to take on the cruise and started putting my gowns and dressier outfits for evening off to the side. Since we are still in the 100's here I am still wearing the shorts and capris that I will be taking.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gerry

Geocruiser: I am about 3 hours north of Arkville. Now I'm wondering if you can go through any small town in upstate NY and experience "the boots" Haha

Indiana - I agree with you about not being superior, just in our nature to want to look nice. And some farmers in our town don't care about their appearance and others you would never tell they were farmers. My best friend used to own a farm and would work hard and be covered in poo but would always dress nice (and smell nice :D) when she left the barn. She is actually quite the fashionista, with a very unique and daring style!!

I'm glad this was started though because 2 years ago I would never leave the house without doing my hair and changing my outfit 3 times. Haha. Maybe it's marriage that's changed me, but I found myself going to the store in sweats a few times recently!! EEk... what's happened to me!!! Haha. Now that the weather is colder I can break out my sexy boots!

I would go to Arkville about 35 years ago. Beautiful country down there. Now I say "down there" because I now live about three miles from Lake Ontario. It was 41 degrees this AM!

10 Nights = 21 outfits. The spreadsheet is ready:cool:. I'll put outfits together and list all components on an individual "activity worksheet" and when I'm satisfied with all of it, that info goes on the spreadsheet, with a column for each day and a cell for each activity.

The rest of my summer dry cleaning went out today, so serious planning can begin soon. It will be a couple weeks until an entire day can be devoted to trying on everything:cool:.

geocruiser: You are absolutely correct RE jeans - with designer jeans and their popularity, we CCFs cannot argue that they aren't dressy enough. With a good fitting pair, nice shoes (no tennis' or flipflops), a little jewelry and an interesting top; they are perfectly acceptable.

TNGALOHA: Cruising during the holidays has got to be so much fun! Using one suitcase for gifts and decorations is a brilliant idea - especially when you have no luggage restrictions!

And good for your DH, saying there's no need to do laundry, just pack more!

Our Next Cruise is Dec 3-13, so the ship might have some decorations but it won't be as plentiful as your cruise.

We attended a wedding yesterday - in the Philadelphia area, in a beautiful setting at a hunt club. Prior to seating at the outdoor ceremony, each guest was offered a flute of champagne. The weather was perfect, the bride epitomized what a beautiful, radiant young lady should look like on her wedding day.

While bridal photos were being taken, butlered hors d'oeuvres were passed...but this is a fashion thread, not a wedding commentary:rolleyes: (sorry, I got carried away)...

Let's get to the reception, the dancing and all the youngun's who were so well dressed. Ah to be young and have a figure worthy of spandex! The dresses were all short, the majority were form fitting. And the shoes:eek:. How do they dance in high platform heels??? Oh wait - did I say they were young!!??

It was so nice to attend an event where the males were looking handsome in their suits and the females dressed appropriately (aka according to CCF standards).

And besides all that - it was worth a 4-hour drive each way to see our Minneapolis kids, who flew in for the occasion. (It was DDL's brother getting married.) Our soon-to-be-8, granddaughter, was loving her dressed-up look and the 6-year-old grandson was a budding GQ guy in his suit.

AND the newlyweds had a very early flight to St. Thomas, for a week in paradise. I'm envious:cool:.

One of the style pundits made an interesting comment on the fashions from last night's Emmy award telecast: "There was more 'body conscious dressing' this year." That is a tidbit we can all learn to use. No matter what shape nature has blessed us with, if we dress to accent our best parts, we will look stylish and confident!:):cool:

Helllloooo ladies! I haven't been on here for a while, but we just booked a December cruise, so now I'm in cruise clothes planning mode again!

Thanks to the recommendations on this site, I just ordered this bathing suit from swimsuitsforall. I hope it fits!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348589907.428684.jpg.5f17bf12baf795377eafa0f9bbd356bb.jpg

I'm trying to whittle down my list...this is a 5 night cruise instead of the 7 nights that I'm used to!

Helllloooo ladies! I haven't been on here for a while, but we just booked a December cruise, so now I'm in cruise clothes planning mode again!

Thanks to the recommendations on this site, I just ordered this bathing suit from swimsuitsforall. I hope it fits!!

[ATTACH]246313[/ATTACH]

I'm trying to whittle down my list...this is a 5 night cruise instead of the 7 nights that I'm used to!

Love the suit!

[ATTACH]246313[/ATTACH]

I love that suit!

curlymason: Nice to see you back here! Your swimsuit is stylish and flirty - love it! Where are you cruising?

butterbeean: You put into words my outfit planning strategy - Cruising is a time to get TOTALLY away from work, so those clothes stay in the closet. I was a school secretary...suits and clunky heels never came close to being considered:cool:. Since retiring, clothing $$ go mostly to ship wear:).

geocruiser: Speaking of clothing $$, sometimes shopping isn't fruitful:( That's because you know your style and look for items that work. Next time...

We're doing a 5 nighter to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!

If anyone needs a swimsuit, I went by JCPenney today and they had tons of separate pieces for $5 a piece at our store. I managed to find two pieces that matched, so a $10 suit for me!

Penney's was fantastic for me this year! (although I didn't get mine for $5 each they WERE on clearance) I bought a solid black bottom and 7 tankini tops that all match the bottom. I already have a black skirted bottom and about half a dozen tops so I now have a ton of mix and match tops and bottoms for my upcoming 14 day cruise! I LOVE clearance!

curlymason and deladela: Good shopping ladies!! I would love to find another black swimsuit bottom and several tops - just like you did...and great sale price, too:).

Since I'm at the lake house a couple days, I made the hour drive to the nearest mall - but it's getting close to Shopping Hibernation.:( There wasn't much of a selection...did get a nice 3/4 sleeve cardigan from Macy's with a 20% off coupon...and a long sleeve top that will be good on cool cruise evenings...and a pair of brown pants that were on sale. Target was another stop, but after trying on 2 dresses, 4 pairs of pants and 2 tops - nothing moved me and I left with nothing. Winter clothes are on the shelves right now, so shopping will be minimal for a couple months.

No time for disappointment, though; since I found some great items in Rehoboth last month that will be part of the Next Cruise:cool:.

Edited by indiana71

Nancy, I bet you are starting your Feb. cruise collection. I have missed some pages, but I know I can look forward to pictures. I am putting stuff in the spare closet as we change over seasons. I will attempt some pics this time before hand:)I am a dark brunette right now and really liking it!!!! Though the sun is lightening it some:) Sporting a black eye right now that I got falling up school steps volunteering!!!! Can make up some good stories for sure!!!

plank: Good to hear from you!! My seasonal wardrobe is changing, too:(...but there's always The Next Cruise to organize. You haven't been here lately, so don't know DH & I booked a cruise for December:cool:. Since it's out of New Jersey, the first 2 and last 2 days will take a little creative flair to choose outfits that are bright and cruise-minded - but warm enough for the northern weather...I'll be working on that soon - and posting photos.

Hair Color - I'm not sure of my hair color. It's really blonde...and I don't realize it until looking at photos. Hmmmm - since I'm once again doing my own color, it might get tweaked a tiny bit...

QUESTION: How often do you change hair color?

QUESTION: How often do you change hair color?

I recently started coloring my hair to make it more vibrant and to cover the white. I plan on staying in the red family since I am quite sure my sainted mother will have a coronary if I dye it any color outside the red spectrum. :eek:

Lisa

I used to color my hair about every 3-31/2 months but last Jan. I decided to grow out the grey and see how it looked.

Well, in July a friend of mine talked me into letting her frost it so that it wouldn't look quite so funny (I had it died dark blonde/light brown). She frosted almost all of my hair and it was light light light blonde. WHAT A SHOCK to say the least!!!

I took it as long as I could so today I went in and had my hair cut.

My hair in the back was below my bra and the front was just as long. Well, they cut about 6-8 inches off the back, the sides are about 7 inches long and cut to frame my face, and the top is about 6" long.

Quite a bit of difference, but I love it!!! :)

The blonde is blending in and you can't tell where the grey is and where it isn't.

Oh yeah and my curls have come back, not just the frizz that it would get when it dried!!!!

Hope everyone ahs a great weekend.

Gerry

I used to color my hair about every 3-31/2 months but last Jan. I decided to grow out the grey and see how it looked.

Well, in July a friend of mine talked me into letting her frost it so that it wouldn't look quite so funny (I had it died dark blonde/light brown). She frosted almost all of my hair and it was light light light blonde. WHAT A SHOCK to say the least!!!

I took it as long as I could so today I went in and had my hair cut.

My hair in the back was below my bra and the front was just as long. Well, they cut about 6-8 inches off the back, the sides are about 7 inches long and cut to frame my face, and the top is about 6" long.

Quite a bit of difference, but I love it!!! :)

The blonde is blending in and you can't tell where the grey is and where it isn't.

Oh yeah and my curls have come back, not just the frizz that it would get when it dried!!!!

Hope everyone ahs a great weekend.

Gerry

Sounds very cute!

TNGALOHA: Good for you!! I love that you took the GIANT step to have your hair cut:). You will love how easy it is.

At one time my hair was super short and spiky and I liked it alot. Just recently (well, a year) it's grown so my ears are covered and I'm hoping to have all one length by the June 2013 Family Cruise.

I went shopping after I got my hair cut today and found a gorgeous purple Ralph Lauren dress on clearance for $15!!! It fit like a glove and made my curves rock and my hair pop. :D It's this dress in a beautiful jewel tone purple http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/lauren-ralph-lauren-faux-wrap-jersey-dress-plus/3332034?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=4235

Lisa