Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

[quote name='tizzylizz']I will...hope I can find something! :).[/quote]
Google silver satin tops. I did that and saw a couple of cute ones that would look great with that skirt. I was going to post some links for you, but I am technologically challenged.:o

[quote name='deladela']Google silver satin tops. I did that and saw a couple of cute ones that would look great with that skirt. I was going to post some links for you, but I am technologically challenged.:o[/QUOTE]

Good idea...I googled silver satin halter blouse...not much came up. So, tried googling a few other words. Will still play around with it.

I really like the idea of a 'halter' top, but one where can still wear a bra--cuz I need to!

I think you can just cut and paste a link into here?? Not sure never tried. But, would love to see what you found.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][U]tizzylizz[/U]: Posting a photo of your skirt is a great idea! And the suggestions for tops are, IMHO, spot-on:)![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]My only contribution would be to keep the top simple since the skirt is an attention-getter. A silvery gray halter top would be my choice, too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='tizzylizz']Good idea...I googled silver satin halter blouse...not much came up. So, tried googling a few other words. Will still play around with it.

I really like the idea of a 'halter' top, but one where can still wear a bra--cuz I need to!

I think you can just cut and paste a link into here?? Not sure never tried. But, would love to see what you found.[/quote]
Hopefully this works. This is the first one that came up. It's bra friendly and IMO, would look great with the skirt.
[url]http://www.cavenders.com/western/women/ladies-shirts-apparel/fashion-shirts/J7145409?gclid=CLKpyo_WlLICFSXZQgodXx4A_Q[/url]

[quote name='deladela']Hopefully this works. This is the first one that came up. It's bra friendly and IMO, would look great with the skirt.
[url]http://www.cavenders.com/western/women/ladies-shirts-apparel/fashion-shirts/J7145409?gclid=CLKpyo_WlLICFSXZQgodXx4A_Q[/url][/QUOTE]

Your link worked! Thanks! That is a cute top and that is the type I want-- where you still can wear a bra....just wish it was a v-neck. I do like how it is not tight...need to hide a few rolls..lol

[quote name='tizzylizz']Your link worked! Thanks! That is a cute top and that is the type I want-- where you still can wear a bra....just wish it was a v-neck. I do like how it is not tight...need to hide a few rolls..lol[/quote]
I know the feeling! I usually prefer v-neck tops, too. Good luck. I hope you find exactly what you're looking for!

Have just finished reading this wonderful thread!! Thank you for all the wonderful tips and photos :). My DH and I are going on our very first cruise in a couple of months so have learned lots and have started a spreadsheet (what a brilliant idea!) We have a spare closet where we had been putting clothing purchased this summer for the cruise. It is now officially called the cruise closet! :p I have a question about how you know which nights the formal dinners are and when the smart casual dinners are? Our first cruise is a 15 day one so there will be 3 formal dinners and 12 smart casual. How do you know if there will be special themed nights as well? Where do I go to find out this information?

Thanks in advance!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][U]Brody66[/U]: WELCOME!! and a CCF tiara to you for reading through all 80 pages:). We're a generous group here and are always pleased to share.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]You will LOVE cruising and become an enthusiastic fan![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]I learn about formal nights and other events, etc. on the thread for that particular cruise. If that doesn't work, call the cruise line. Our cruises have all been on Royal Caribbean and my phone conversations have always been positive.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Let us know where you are going and what outfits you are taking. And of course, come back after your cruise and give us all the details:cool:![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] Edited by indiana71

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Having been on Pinterest for only a couple months, I'm not all that familiar with everything that is there. (My boards are "recipes" and "toenail art"). And today I searched "Cruisewear" and LOTS of pins come up. Check it out - there's something for every taste:cool:.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='indiana71'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Having been on Pinterest for only a couple months, I'm not all that familiar with everything that is there. (My boards are "recipes" and "toenail art"). And today I searched "Cruisewear" and LOTS of pins come up. Check it out - there's something for every taste:cool:.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
Thanks for the tip!:)

[quote name='indiana71'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Having been on Pinterest for only a couple months, I'm not all that familiar with everything that is there. (My boards are "recipes" and "toenail art"). And today I searched "Cruisewear" and LOTS of pins come up. Check it out - there's something for every taste:cool:.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I love pinterest. I have gotten sooooo many ideas for my jewelry that I make off of it.

On another note. I went to the Dillards clearance center in Phoenix yesterday and they had 2 piece swimsuits on sale. They were sold as separates and they were 80% off the clearance price and then they had a BOGO on them so basically the top was $2.99 and the bottom was FREE. What a deal an entire 2 piece swimsuit for $2.99!!!! I didn't need any but I still got 8 tops for the price of 4. They will all match my higher waisted boy cut swimshorts that I have so that worked out perfect. I have a different top for each day on my cruise!!
I also got a pair of Gianni Bini white dress sandals that were originally $79.99 and they were 65% off and then another 30% so I got them for 13.00, I also picked up a white pair of Antonie Maleni sandals that also were originally $79.99 and go them for $13.00 too. I love sales like that.

Have a great day everyone.
Gerry

[quote name='TNGALOHA']I love pinterest. I have gotten sooooo many ideas for my jewelry that I make off of it.

On another note. I went to the Dillards clearance center in Phoenix yesterday and they had 2 piece swimsuits on sale. They were sold as separates and they were 80% off the clearance price and then they had a BOGO on them so basically the top was $2.99 and the bottom was FREE. What a deal an entire 2 piece swimsuit for $2.99!!!! I didn't need any but I still got 8 tops for the price of 4. They will all match my higher waisted boy cut swimshorts that I have so that worked out perfect. I have a different top for each day on my cruise!!
I also got a pair of Gianni Bini white dress sandals that were originally $79.99 and they were 65% off and then another 30% so I got them for 13.00, I also picked up a white pair of Antonie Maleni sandals that also were originally $79.99 and go them for $13.00 too. I love sales like that.

Have a great day everyone.
Gerry[/quote]
I love them, too! It's such a great feeling when you "save" more than you spend!;)

[quote name='indiana71'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Having been on Pinterest for only a couple months, I'm not all that familiar with everything that is there. (My boards are "recipes" and "toenail art"). And today I searched "Cruisewear" and LOTS of pins come up. Check it out - there's something for every taste:cool:.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

LOVE pinterest!!! Searched cruise and a few other words hoping to get fashions...but, nothing much ever came up. Thanks, I'm searching "cruise wear"! Great tip!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][U]TNGALOHA[/U]: What great deals you got! I love the idea of having black swim bottom and then pairing different tops:)![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]I'm going to search Handmade Jewelry on Pinterest next! That could turn into a super winter hobby:cool:.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='tizzylizz']LOVE pinterest!!! Searched cruise and a few other words hoping to get fashions...but, nothing much ever came up. Thanks, I'm searching "cruise wear"! Great tip![/QUOTE]

I mostly have beach cover ups etc on mine, but my Pinterst board is BLAKE SHELTON CRUISE.

[quote name='indiana71'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][U]TNGALOHA[/U]: What great deals you got! I love the idea of having black swim bottom and then pairing different tops:)![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]I'm going to search Handmade Jewelry on Pinterest next! That could turn into a super winter hobby:cool:.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

My jewelry that I made is under gerrygems.webs.com on pinterest.

[quote name='sharkie90278']I mostly have beach cover ups etc on mine, but my Pinterst board is BLAKE SHELTON CRUISE.[/QUOTE]

What a great board...lots of cute pins!

[quote name='TNGALOHA']My jewelry that I made is under gerrygems.webs.com on pinterest.[/QUOTE]

I can see your jewelry has been inspired by your cruises...so many nice pieces.

[quote name='t60']TNGALOHA. How did you get on with your home-made packing folders on your cruise?

Sandy in Spain[/quote]

I loved them they worked out great. I just took the cube, put it in the drawer in the cabin and unhooked it. I was all set up for the cruise.
I have used them for a lot of our little weekend trips that we take also, I just put each days outfit in a cube and all I have to do is open the cube and get dressed. Then I put the dirty clothes from the day before in the cube and put it all in the laundry pile. That way nothing gets lost or forgotten.

tizzy lizz,
Thank you for the kind words. Yes I am inspired by the sea and our cruises in my jewelry making. I guess it is because of the calming effect of both the ocean and jewelry making.

Gerry

[quote name='Brody66']Have just finished reading this wonderful thread!! Thank you for all the wonderful tips and photos :). My DH and I are going on our very first cruise in a couple of months so have learned lots and have started a spreadsheet (what a brilliant idea!) We have a spare closet where we had been putting clothing purchased this summer for the cruise. It is now officially called the cruise closet! :p I have a question about how you know which nights the formal dinners are and when the smart casual dinners are? Our first cruise is a 15 day one so there will be 3 formal dinners and 12 smart casual. How do you know if there will be special themed nights as well? Where do I go to find out this information?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Brody, you sound like me. We cruise twice a year MAy and Oct. so I hit the clerance racks thru out the year for my special cruise clothes especially swimwear . I love coverups as I live in them most of the day on our cruises. I store everything in clear rubber maid bins in my closet and then go thru it all (sometimes I buy to much) when I start my packing.

[quote name='jstcruizin']Brody, you sound like me. We cruise twice a year MAy and Oct. so I hit the clerance racks thru out the year for my special cruise clothes especially swimwear . I love coverups as I live in them most of the day on our cruises. I store everything in clear rubber maid bins in my closet and then go thru it all (sometimes I buy to much) when I start my packing.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for items too for my late spring cruise right now, hoping to snag some good deals! Whatever I find though...I want to be able to use it & not just for cruise. So, have to ask myself 'will I wear this after the cruise?'..lol...

I cruise so infrequently...sadly I don't need clothes just for cruising....maybe some day!

Hello Ladies,

I have spent the last week reading this entire thread. Thank you Indiana, for starting it. What a fun place to relax & share ideas.

We have 9 days before our cruise on the Allure of the Seas. I am so excited!! This will be our 2nd cruise, so I'm still a newbie. I am putting into practice some of the wonderful tips I have found here. The spreadsheet, the individual bags for jewelry, the ziplock bags for outfits.

I am also a big fan of consignment stores. In fact, I just got back from one of our 3 local Goodwill shops. Scored 3 tops. 2 need to be altered, so will not be joining me on the cruise. I agreed with you, Indiana, about the importance of having a good seamstress. I am vertically challenged, 5' 0", so everything needs to be altered.:(

I'm looking for items too for my late spring cruise right now, hoping to snag some good deals! Whatever I find though...I want to be able to use it & not just for cruise. So, have to ask myself 'will I wear this after the cruise?'..lol...

I cruise so infrequently...sadly I don't need clothes just for cruising....maybe some day!

I Do wear the stuff I buy AFTER the cruise, lol, then I jst start hunting all over again There must be a name for my "sickness"

I have the opposite problem of dgh203. I am 5'11", but my seamstress is also a God-send. She taught me to look for pants with cuffs and then she could let it out to make "tall" pants. Tall pants normally come in solids only, so this has opened my wardrobe up to pinstripes and subtle plaids. :D A seamstress is really a girl's best friend.

Lisa