Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Here are my latest creations for my youngest CCF's. I still have to hem them but that will come on Sat. when I am babysitting them. Mali is going to be 9 for the cruise and Chloe is 4. Thee are some mistakes but I think the girls are going to love their new "Princess Dresses".

P5010391_zpsce6fc23e.jpg

This one is of Chloe bugs dress.

P5010392_zpsa2af024b.jpg

This is of both of the girls dresses.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Gerry

mousey & indiana71,

We got home around 1PM. Going home from the airport I said to my husband "NO PALM TREES" I do miss the warmer weather all ready. But soon it shall be here too. Yesterday I walked across the street to take one last look at the beach. Good bye Atlantic ocean, hello Lake Ontario I told my DH.

TNGALOHA,

The dresses look beautiful. Are you going to put a band around the waist, May be with a bow? Or is that something that girls don't wear now a days?

Love the color. Princesses in Pink.

geocruiser, I hadn't even thought about the bow thing because it wasn't on the pattern but I think it would make the dresses look more finished so I will be doing that today. Thanks for the idea. :D

Mommypieof3, You are right the first thing they are going to do is twirl! Both of the girls are in ballet so there will be a lot of twirling.

Hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry

Jewelry, accessories, etc. are on display in the Cruise Room - ready to begin The Packing Process (TPP).

But...a different approach this time - I'm going to pick a couple items that I really like, but haven't included recently (or maybe ever...).

There won't be much progress this week since my schedule keeps me out of the house much of the day.

As outfits are chosen, I'll post photos and point out the "This is a Favorite" items (and let's see if they make it to the final list:rolleyes:).

Weather is going to be warmer later this week - much more conducive to a Palm Tree State of Mind:cool:!

Edited by indiana71

I have started the process of weeding out what I want to wear on our next cruise so I look some quick pics while I was trying everything on this weekend. Every dress pictured was purchased for $15 or less.

2494fac6-3978-441c-9a5e-c77edecbf95b_zpsd58fa7c0.jpgIMG_2326_zps8f163720.jpg3496ab37-ced0-49ed-b939-fd2c1c86302e_zps33ddfc0e.jpgIMG_2353_zpsa1d7a995.jpgIMG_2343_zpscd8d8634.jpgIMG_2327_zpsd2c6f13e.jpg

I'm open to suggestions on shoes or jewelry. Those are areas I'm not so good at.

I have started the process of weeding out what I want to wear on our next cruise so I look some quick pics while I was trying everything on this weekend. Every dress pictured was purchased for $15 or less.

2494fac6-3978-441c-9a5e-c77edecbf95b_zpsd58fa7c0.jpgIMG_2326_zps8f163720.jpg3496ab37-ced0-49ed-b939-fd2c1c86302e_zps33ddfc0e.jpgIMG_2353_zpsa1d7a995.jpgIMG_2343_zpscd8d8634.jpgIMG_2327_zpsd2c6f13e.jpg

I'm open to suggestions on shoes or jewelry. Those are areas I'm not so good at.

I am loving all of these choices! And to think that you got each for under $15--WOW!

As for shoes and accessories, my only comment would be that you should try to cut down the number of shoes you plan to take. Bet you could use the same black shoes for some.

Thanks for taking the time to post for us!

I am loving all of these choices! And to think that you got each for under $15--WOW!

As for shoes and accessories, my only comment would be that you should try to cut down the number of shoes you plan to take. Bet you could use the same black shoes for some.

Thanks for taking the time to post for us!

Excellent suggestion! I've already ditched the black strappy sandals I'm wearing with the red and black dress because they KILL my feet. I may just wear the nude heels with that dress as well.

I wish I could send my necklace to you. The colors would go great with that gorgeous green dress. ImageUploadedByForums1399316136.301919.jpg.03ce552aa90712fd149ae359801ca085.jpg. The blue is more of a turquoise. All your dresses are great!!

Since I started cruising with girlfriends, I swear my dresses never make it out of the closet. They don't do dresses. So I save them for trips with my DH. That's not till Jan. :(

However I still enjoy putting together a more casual wardrobe for the trips with friends:)

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I wish I could send my necklace to you. The colors would go great with that gorgeous green dress. [ATTACH]311749[/ATTACH]. The blue is more of a turquoise. All your dresses are great!!

Since I started cruising with girlfriends, I swear my dresses never make it out of the closet. They don't do dresses. So I save them for trips with my DH. That's not till Jan. :(

However I still enjoy putting together a more casual wardrobe for the trips with friends:)

I wish you could, too! ;) Cute necklace!

Kellane,

Wow, love the dresses! What a bargain! No one would ever guess they were $15 or under.

TNGAloha,

Those dresses are adorable! What great talent you have.

Indiana 71,

Looking forward to seeing your pics as usual! I love your choices!

Nice job ladies!:D

kellane: Wow! You get the CCF Tiara for finding such fabulous dresses at bargain prices:)! They are all attractive on you. Thanks for sharing!!

The shoes you have on in the photos look good to me. I do agree that if a pair kills your feet - don't take them!

Silver bangles and earrings would go with all the outfits if you don't want to pack lots of accessories.

Let us know what you choose.

Last week was very busy with non-cruise activities. We are going to replace our kitchen floor, 2 bathroom floors and a bedroom carpeting. A good excuse to do some extra spring cleaning!

And - I bought a new sweeper. My old upright bagless has had it! The new one is a canister with bags (my preference).

And - my Keurig coffee maker died...replaced with a Cuisinart that uses the same Kcups.

But enough off topic stuff...

Here's a photo of a couple items I want to take on The Next Cruise -

You can see the Stuart Weitzman heels that haven't been out of their box in several years. I will wear them with the animal print Joseph Ribkoff dress and probably the earrings in the photo.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9%3C6%3A%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2774276656244ot1lsi

I had my miracle worker alterations lady put straps on the dress. The way the strapless top fit originally didn't seem to be very flattering. You can't see the straps here, but I'll be sure to get a photo on Formal Night. The black dress didn't make the cut, and neither did the lace top.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv373%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D368336755%3A335nu0mrj

There's always next time...

AND - I'm REALLY excited...just booked a New England/Canada cruise in October!

It will be a surprise to DH. The cruise is out of Baltimore on Grandeur of the Seas. Since we're going on Grandeur next, I'll tell him when we're onboard.

With autumn temperatures, it will be interesting putting outfits together...

Indiana 71,

Great choice, I'm a sucker for animal prints! And, congratulations on booking another cruise. I'm sure your DH is gonna love it!:D

Love the shoes and earrings too!;)

kellane: Wow! You get the CCF Tiara for finding such fabulous dresses at bargain prices:)! They are all attractive on you. Thanks for sharing!!

The shoes you have on in the photos look good to me. I do agree that if a pair kills your feet - don't take them!

Silver bangles and earrings would go with all the outfits if you don't want to pack lots of accessories.

Let us know what you choose.

Last week was very busy with non-cruise activities. We are going to replace our kitchen floor, 2 bathroom floors and a bedroom carpeting. A good excuse to do some extra spring cleaning!

And - I bought a new sweeper. My old upright bagless has had it! The new one is a canister with bags (my preference).

And - my Keurig coffee maker died...replaced with a Cuisinart that uses the same Kcups.

But enough off topic stuff...

Here's a photo of a couple items I want to take on The Next Cruise -

You can see the Stuart Weitzman heels that haven't been out of their box in several years. I will wear them with the animal print Joseph Ribkoff dress and probably the earrings in the photo.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9%3C6%3A%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2774276656244ot1lsi

I had my miracle worker alterations lady put straps on the dress. The way the strapless top fit originally didn't seem to be very flattering. You can't see the straps here, but I'll be sure to get a photo on Formal Night. The black dress didn't make the cut, and neither did the lace top.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv373%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D368336755%3A335nu0mrj

There's always next time...

AND - I'm REALLY excited...just booked a New England/Canada cruise in October!

It will be a surprise to DH. The cruise is out of Baltimore on Grandeur of the Seas. Since we're going on Grandeur next, I'll tell him when we're onboard.

With autumn temperatures, it will be interesting putting outfits together...

Love the dresses. Did your beach dress come? If it did do you like it? I just love Canada and New England cruises. I have been looking at them myself for the fall.

indiana71,

I love the idea of adding straps to the dress. I can't wait to see it on.

cat_in_cda,

Thank you! That was by far my favorite find. It was marked to 90% off so I paid just a little over $1 for it at a local outlet store!

geocruiser: Yes, the beach dress arrived and I'm pleased with the way it fits...well, except that it needs to be hemmed a tiny bit (which is usual for me...:rolleyes:).

I made a note to have lots of Outfits Photos - always think about it...then we get caught up in activities and ports...

kellane: I really like the lime green dress (the last in your photo lineup). Looks like it can be casual or dressed up. And the color is appropriately tropical:cool:.

This is a beautiful day! I'm enjoying the sunporch at the lake house. Sun is shining, thermometer is almost at 80...since it's been chilly...downright cold...I wasn't sure the mercury could reach that high;)!

My spreadsheet is nearly complete. Only the Day 1 outfit (the one that gets worn from 6 AM travel-to-the-port till bedtime). Should be warm enough in mid-June for summer attire.

The other outfit not chosen yet is the one I wear home. That one is selected for comfort first, stylish-cruisewear second.

Some of the spreadsheet outfits will surely be tweaked, but I feel good about having a start on The Packing Process:cool:.

Edited by indiana71

As quickly as I booked the Oct New England cruise...it had to be cancelled:(. The timing interferes with DH's basketball announcing duties (revised dates were released yesterday!) I didn't even tell him about the cruise - no reason to have him feel bad.

ANYWAY - what's the best therapy for a disappointment???? SHOPPING!

Since I'm at the lake house, there aren't many choices...but the only local (small) department store was having a sale - so I bought 4 cruise-worthy tops. In my middle age, I prefer 3/4 length sleeves, at least some of the Sea Days. That's exactly what I found On Sale for Half Price:). And finally found black Capris. My "old ones" are beginning to look a bit worn.

And then a quick stop at the Goodwill Store. Couldn't believe that I found another Lilli Pulitzer polo! This one is Caribbean blue - for $2.99.

So - DH & I still have a fun Cruise in 5 weeks, and 2 more for sure after that!

Life is Good:cool:

As quickly as I booked the Oct New England cruise...it had to be cancelled:(. The timing interferes with DH's basketball announcing duties (revised dates were released yesterday!) I didn't even tell him about the cruise - no reason to have him feel bad.

ANYWAY - what's the best therapy for a disappointment???? SHOPPING!

Since I'm at the lake house, there aren't many choices...but the only local (small) department store was having a sale - so I bought 4 cruise-worthy tops. In my middle age, I prefer 3/4 length sleeves, at least some of the Sea Days. That's exactly what I found On Sale for Half Price:). And finally found black Capris. My "old ones" are beginning to look a bit worn.

And then a quick stop at the Goodwill Store. Couldn't believe that I found another Lilli Pulitzer polo! This one is Caribbean blue - for $2.99.

So - DH & I still have a fun Cruise in 5 weeks, and 2 more for sure after that!

Life is Good:cool:

Sorry that you had to cancel your cruise. You are right not to tell him and make him feel bad. You can all ways plan another one to surprise him, or may be plan with him. I love the way you think--go shopping! Great buys! On sea days I wear 3/4 to full length sleeves. I am all ways cold.

Wanted to ask if any of you have ever shopped at a Label $hopper store. We have had one open in our town. A Walmart and Goodwill were our only options before. I found a J.Jill top that is lightweight and very comfortable. Great for travel days.

I also wanted to wish you all a Happy Mothers Day. Happy cruise'n.

sunnyday girl: Haven't heard of Label $hopper - sounds like a good place for bargains. J.Jill is a cruise-worthy brand:).

During a trip to WalMart this morning (my intention was to get some walking time)...I came across a pair of purple Capris...for $3.00:)! Haven't decided if they are cruise-worthy...but love the color and can always wear them WITHOUT being on a cruise ship;)!

QUESTION: Have you ever mixed two nail polish colors to make one color? If so, were you pleased with the result?

My nail polishes are all Cover Girl Stay Brilliant. It's the only brand that stays at least a week without chipping. Anyway - the peach color was TOO peachy and not shimmery enough for my taste. So, I took a very small bowl and poured a little peach polish and a little copper-colored, swirled them together and painted my nails.

The only issue was that by the time the second coat was being applied, the polish had thickened just a bit and wasn't as smooth going on.

Indiana 71,

I've mixed nail polish colors lots of times without any problems. But I've never done it that way...I usually apply one color and then another color on top. If your polish gets thick...add a tiny drop of nail polish remover to it and mix it up...that should thin it out. If you try that, let me know how it works out for you.:D

Hello ladies. I haven't posted in a while, but am shopping for a few things and noticed Talbot's has a Beach Collection with some really cute CCF finds. I bought the Island Boat scene tunic (on sale) and it will be perfect for Caribbean cruising. There are cute tops with lobsters and fish.....check it out:)

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi32872&rootCategory=cat70008&catId=cat3270040&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70008