Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

In love with my latest top!! It will go with black or white for dinner!! Thinking turquoise statement necklace? Will have to try, don't want to make it too busy!

I'm also very glad I took the swimsuit top back because I popped in to Big R to meet a friend and they had swimsuits for 40% off and I found a swim dress. I'm in love with. I usually take 1 one piece suit on every vacation. Mine was getting a little worn. Since I was on a role with time to kill before hair apt, I stopped in labels to check new shipment. Walked out with two new capris. A great fashion day!!ImageUploadedByForums1403604027.615028.jpg.314725e382a7bf2d67b45393d1431c6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

sunnydaygirl: Good bargains, nice top! I think turquoise would be a great accent color!

The top in this photo came from WalMart...Girl's Dept! I really like the polka dots, the one shoulder look...and I already had the yellow shorts:):cool:!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv48%3A9%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27799843%3A%3C244ot1lsi

Oops! I meant to post THIS photo (that shows the outfit better).

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7699%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27799787%3A%3B244ot1lsi

Next is my Talbot's maxi dress. It is very comfortable; nice soft fabric. I like the dress, but probably wouldn't get another maxi...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B599%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E277997879%3B244ot1lsi

sunnydaygirl: Good bargains, nice top! I think turquoise would be a great accent color!

The top in this photo came from WalMart...Girl's Dept! I really like the polka dots, the one shoulder look...and I already had the yellow shorts:):cool:!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv48%3A9%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27799843%3A%3C244ot1lsi

Oops! I meant to post THIS photo (that shows the outfit better).

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7699%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27799787%3A%3B244ot1lsi

Next is my Talbot's maxi dress. It is very comfortable; nice soft fabric. I like the dress, but probably wouldn't get another maxi...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B599%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E277997879%3B244ot1lsi

Love the outfits. The Walmart top is real cute!

Getting ready for dinner. These are my new "label" pants. Jones of New York and the white tank I previously post. And an old sweater. Definitely packing this in August for casual dinner!![ATTACH]317583[/ATTACH]

Like!:D

Very cute top! I think the turquoise would look great!

In love with my latest top!! It will go with black or white for dinner!! Thinking turquoise statement necklace? Will have to try, don't want to make it too busy!

I'm also very glad I took the swimsuit top back because I popped in to Big R to meet a friend and they had swimsuits for 40% off and I found a swim dress. I'm in love with. I usually take 1 one piece suit on every vacation. Mine was getting a little worn. Since I was on a role with time to kill before hair apt, I stopped in labels to check new shipment. Walked out with two new capris. A great fashion day!![ATTACH]317104[/ATTACH]

I've used them since I read about them on cc..I got mine at ebags.com and they were great to keep things semi-organized!

Michelle:)

I was at tjmaxx recently a purchased a 2pk of packing cubes [ATTACH]316900[/ATTACH]

My daughter swears by them so I thought I'd give a shot. My hanging shelf, which I love!!, got left in Florida.

Has anyone used them? I guess I think they'd be useful for underwear or tshirts.

Great Goodwill top! I should pay my local store a visit..haven't been in awhile!

The first photo was taken on Father's Day. We were at Port Canaveral and took a shuttle to Cocoa Beach for lunch.

The silver sandals are my favorite style from Naot (I have them in white, too). The necklaces are from past cruises - Inch of Gold that is sold on all RCI ships (don't know if other lines have that...)

BTW: my attempt to mimic the dancer in the painting...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B55%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3688%3A76934335nu0mrj

And here's a photo with a Goodwill blouse and Capris, and those white Naots. I was so pleased when the Capris fit - totally tropical...and the blouse is light weight.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv69%3A5%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E277997877%3C244ot1lsi

Packing cubes.... we always use them now. His and hers, but all our cubes are black, so yesterday I made clear plastic wallet type thingies to sew on the front of each cube so I can add a list of what´s inside.

Sandy in Spain

Edited by t60

Packing cubes.... we always use them now. His and hers, but all our cubes are black, so yesterday I made clear plastic wallet type thingies to sew on the front of each cube so I can add a list of what´s inside.

Sandy in Spain

That is a great idea. Love to see a picture of them when you are done.

sunnydaygirl: Your outfit is so-o-o put together! You look like summer:cool::).

Yesterday I picked up the Family Cruise Countdown Calendars at the printers...and the Goodwill Store is on the way...the majority of Family Vacation outfits were purchased!!

First - the Talbot's silk blouse paired with Capris, sandals & earrings from the Cruise Room:

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4976%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E277%3A867625244ot1lsi

Next: Jones NY pants w/ Talbot top from Goodwill, paired with black Naot sandals

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4%3C79%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E277%3A867624244ot1lsi

And - White Capris & Blue blouse (White Stag & Converse) paired with a gold crossbody purse from local consignment shop.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4%3A%3B%3A%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E277%3A8675%3B9244ot1lsi

I'll post a couple more photos next time.

Best of all: Total cost for EVERYTHING: $45!!!

That is a great idea. Love to see a picture of them when you are done.

The light coloured cube and folders are home mede, the black cube is a bought one

IMG_8871.jpg

Home made cube adapted from blanket storage box

IMG_8869.jpg

Packing folder with flaps, too big to show opened out. flaps D&C fold over the pile of clothes first, then A&B to make the parcel.

IMG_8870.jpg

Folded folder it now has a plastic window for holding list of clothes

IMG_8872.jpg

Plastic pockets ready to be sewn on

IMG_8873.jpg

shop packing cube with new pocket

IMG_8874.jpg

packing folder with new label

Sandy in Spain

I have really enjoyed lurking, reading your comments and looking at the photos of your pretty outfits.

I am leaving for the Bahamas in 10 DAYS - obviously I am not a good planner like you all. I have pulled together outfits that I have worn on cruises before, that I know I look good in and like. The only thing that is stumping me is a nice tropical top with pink or coral or flowers -- you know,something that says"I am on vacation in the tropics!". I am a very happy thrift store shopper and do very well --- even my favorites have let me down. I have looked on line for cruisewear, etc --- i just am not finding what I want. Do you all have any recommendations for an online store that I could get cruisewear in a week? In my 60's, size L or XL. Thanks.

The light coloured cube and folders are home mede, the black cube is a bought one

IMG_8871.jpg

Home made cube adapted from blanket storage box

IMG_8869.jpg

Packing folder with flaps, too big to show opened out. flaps D&C fold over the pile of clothes first, then A&B to make the parcel.

IMG_8870.jpg

Folded folder it now has a plastic window for holding list of clothes

IMG_8872.jpg

Plastic pockets ready to be sewn on

IMG_8873.jpg

shop packing cube with new pocket

IMG_8874.jpg

packing folder with new label

Sandy in Spain

They are great. Sure makes packing easy. You might want to show them on the Sewing for a cruise thread too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1665834&page=19

bwaz: Thank you for the compliment. I have a couple suggestions, but since you're leaving really soon (lucky you!), there isn't much time!

First Thought: How about a couple bright colored light-weight scarves? You could wear a scarf with a plain top.

Second: Boston Proper dot com. At the top of the home page is a drop down for Cruisewear. I find lots of tropical choices and your size should be available.

Hope this helps. BUT - if you don't find what you are looking for - remember to keep a Tropical State of Mind:cool: and you will have a great time:).

Please come back after your cruise!

Packing Cubes: I admire all the CCFs who sew! When I'm packing tops, there's only one fold. At about the midriff area. That way there are no fold creases on the sides.

And I don't pack top all together. It doesn't take me long to unpack...but those of you who use the cubes: whatever makes The Process easier!

sunnydaygirl: Because I haven't been here as much the last couple weeks, I don't know if posts have disappeared....what do you think is missing?

Edited by indiana71

Indiana71: thank you for these great suggestions. Yes, I can definitely see some pretty gauzy scarves, easy to pack. Boston Proper...great site! Have already placed an order that will be here in plenty of time. Maybe if I am not finding exactly what I'm looking for, it's a sign I am out of date...better upgrade my look!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Not that I care, but the picture of my turquoise pants and sweater is missing. I know you saw it:). I am surprised at how comfortable they are. Will definitely look for more Jones Of New York again. My upcoming cruise is an 8 day. I'm really looking forward to relaxing!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by sunnydaygirl

Indiana 71,

As usual...love your selections!:D

T60,

Love the homemade packing cubes...how clever you are. I usually get mine at TJ Maxx. I'm not a very good seamstress. My mom however is so I made hit her up to make be some. :D

I hope all of you have a great cruise. Mine isn't until July 18th but I'm already set to go as I've been working on putting outfits together since we bought our tickets last weekend. :eek: Almost done! Gotta decide on handbags and sunglasses.:D

sunydaygirl: I remember the photo that is now missing....can't imagine where it went...

BUT you will be cruising soon and can post photos when you return:cool::)!

bwaz: So pleased you ordered from Boston Proper. Love their clothes! Too bad petite sizes aren't offered...I would buy there, for sure!

We are staying home this 4th of July weekend. This is a busy weekend on the lake and DH is sitting in for the morning show guy Mon to Fri.

I did wear red, white and blue...but nothing CCF worthy! The morning was spent weeding and later in the day, grilled some burgers.

Two years ago we were on a cruise ship anchored off Newport. It was a great itinerary and hasn't been repeated since, (c'mon Royal Caribbean, do it again!).

DH and I wore navy shorts with red & white tops (not matchy-matchy, just subtle patriotic colors.)

QUESTION: If you're cruising on a holiday, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you celebrate?

We are staying home this 4th of July weekend. This is a busy weekend on the lake and DH is sitting in for the morning show guy Mon to Fri.

I did wear red, white and blue...but nothing CCF worthy! The morning was spent weeding and later in the day, grilled some burgers.

Two years ago we were on a cruise ship anchored off Newport. It was a great itinerary and hasn't been repeated since, (c'mon Royal Caribbean, do it again!).

DH and I wore navy shorts with red & white tops (not matchy-matchy, just subtle patriotic colors.)

QUESTION: If you're cruising on a holiday, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you celebrate?

Happy to hear that you had a nice fourth of July.

We have cruised over Easter a few times. We went to mass on the ship and then the day was another cruise day.