Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

DH is working in his studio, but managed to gather the rest of his clothes YIPPEE!

Final Packing tomorrow.

End of the To Do List house cleaning chores tomorrow.

Prepare dinner tomorrow, leftovers Weds.

Mani-Pedi + Brow wax Weds.

Early to bed Weds!

Everything we are taking will easily fit in 2 large suitcases and 1 garment bag. So nice to drop them off before embarking process gets underway:)!

In the airport about to head home from Maui. All I can say is, WOW.

Can't wait to share photos when I get home. I will leave you with this image:

aefdd0a1-5ed6-18c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!!!! That's home and sooooooo serene!!!

I just wanted to say Hi and how you all are inspiring me! My husband and I are planning our first cruise next May for our anniversary. This thread has really helped me think about what clothes to plan on taking, how to pack, etc. It's great! Since it's a long time till our cruise, I have lots of time to shop and look for bargains, plan outfits, etc.

I'm only about half-way through all these posts - can't wait to read the rest!

Kim

momtoabowhead: Add my WOW, too! What a beautiful photo!! We don't see a view like that in PA!!

Looking forward to seeing more photos.

Kim_KS: Welcome!! I love to read a post from someone who plans ahead, and you have definitely started at the right place.:)

Keep reading and learning, and share thoughts and ideas.

PACKING IS DONE:):cool:! Car wash tomorrow on the way to Mani-Pedi + Brow wax. Brief respite (like I'll need it???!!) @ Starbucks. And then home to put luggage in the car and set the alarm for early Thursday AM.

I'm planning to take fashionista-worthy photos along with traditional travel pix. As the old saying goes "a picture is worth a thousand words," and all the photos posted here and a huge help!

indiana71,

Have a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Kim_KS,

Welcome to this thread. I am new here too, and I just love all the help I got here.

momtoabowhead,

Beautiful pictures. Love to see more!

All my chores on the To Do List are done:).

I don't know how many CCFs have acrylic nails...but while my feet were soaking in the foot bath, the smell from the manicure station was not pleasant. The manicurists wear face masks and use a mini-sander??? Wow! I must be the only one with short, stubby nails that are simply painted;).

The manicure needs to last for the next 8 days (for me, that's a very long time!). But the pedi will last several weeks. I will definitely post a photo of the cool art work on my big toenails. The Oriental ladies in the salon do a beautiful job.

Shutting down the computer now. Will check back upon return:cool::cool:!

Momtoabowhead - Wow!! That is an amazing pic! I'm very jealous :) On my to do list is Cruise to Alaska & Hawaii. I have stuck to the caribbean mostly, I love warm weather and the flights not too bad (cost a fortune for me to fly to Hawaii/California, I live in upstate NY).

Indiana & Jsim2011 - My husband desperately wants to go to Alaska too. I am a caribbean girl so far! But it sounds like the views might be worth it after all. I feel bad that I booked our next cruise out of san juan instead of Alaska. I'm sure he'll enjoy it though.. At least I hope so. Why is it that all men want to go to Alaska and us women like the warm weather...hmmm.

Jsim2011 - You look gorgeous in your evening dress. The color and fit are perfect. I generally stick with cocktail dresses but for my next cruise (jan) I am going to try a true evening gown this time! Hopefully I can pull it off as good as you did. Very lovely.

I finally finished reading through the whole thread - and I learned alot! I thought I would share a thrifty tip for CCFs. If you have a Sears Outlet nearby, you can get a free apparel item on Tuesdays. No purchase needed. How great is that? Here's a link to the page - you can search for a store near you and also print the free item coupon.

http://www.searsoutlet.com/d/apparel/discount-apparel.jsp?cid=0&adcell=apparel

Besides the free item, I found a great deal on swimsuit separates - $2 each! So I picked up a Land's End tankini top for $2. Couldn't find a matching bottom - but I will find a plain navy or white one later.

Last week I got a pair of hot pink capris for my free item. This week I got a pair of white linen capris. All for my cruise next year. I bought everything two sizes small because I am in the midst of losing weight. I figure if they don't fit, oh well, they were free. LOL.

Next Tuesday is the last day of the promotion so check it out.

Kim

baseball058.jpg

baseball056.jpg

baseball060.jpg

I finally finished reading through the whole thread - and I learned alot! I thought I would share a thrifty tip for CCFs. If you have a Sears Outlet nearby, you can get a free apparel item on Tuesdays. No purchase needed. How great is that? Here's a link to the page - you can search for a store near you and also print the free item coupon.

Thank you for sharing!! There is a sears outlet close by to me and I am going there tonight for my freebie!!!! :D

Besides the free item, I found a great deal on swimsuit separates - $2 each! So I picked up a Land's End tankini top for $2. Couldn't find a matching bottom - but I will find a plain navy or white one later.

Last week I got a pair of hot pink capris for my free item. This week I got a pair of white linen capris. All for my cruise next year. I bought everything two sizes small because I am in the midst of losing weight. I figure if they don't fit, oh well, they were free. LOL.

Next Tuesday is the last day of the promotion so check it out.

Kim

baseball058.jpg

baseball056.jpg

baseball060.jpg

Great buys. I am going to check for an outlet near me. I hope that there is one!

What a perfectly wonderful cruise:cool:! Weather was delightful, itinerary different from any we've had.

I will post photos (probably early next week).

Meanwhile, a quick review from a CCF perspective: More men in tuxes on formal night. Lots of young ladies in Spandex and most looked good:).

There were some ball caps, but not overwhelming. Some t-shirts w/ IMHO, inappropriate messages.

But - overall, passengers were dressed well.

More details after the unpacking is finished and laundry done.

QUOTE=indiana71;34432746]What a perfectly wonderful cruise:cool:! Weather was delightful, itinerary different from any we've had.

I will post photos (probably early next week).

Meanwhile, a quick review from a CCF perspective: More men in tuxes on formal night. Lots of young ladies in Spandex and most looked good:).

There were some ball caps, but not overwhelming. Some t-shirts w/ IMHO, inappropriate messages.

But - overall, passengers were dressed well.

More details after the unpacking is finished and laundry done.

Welcome home! Can't wait to here all about your cruise and see the pics.

We were onboard by 11:30, so before the crowds came, I posed for a silly photo. This is the outfit I wore all day and also to dinner (even though our luggage was delivered by 1:30). The Naot sandals were changed out for dressier wedges.

232323232%7Ffp%3B59%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B58%3A6%3B335nu0mrj

Since we don't know at the time of choosing outfits if it's going to be warm or cool, I had the short-sleeve cardi. On deck, it was quite warm, and the cardi came off.

232323232%7Ffp%3B4%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B59872335nu0mrj

Not easy to read - but this is how I pack jewelry for each outfit: a Post-It note with the Day of the Cruise + "Day" or "Dinner".

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B54%3A%3B2335nu0mrj

I'll post a few more tomorrow.

Love the pics. Where do you get the small plastic bags?

Michaels (and probably most other crafts stores) sells the small plastic bags. They come in a couple of sizes -- I don't remember the exact price, but it was only a few $ for a box.

They look like this: http://www.michaels.com/Bead-Landing-Bagettes-2x3/bd1039,default,pd.html?start=59&cgid=products-beads-storage

Edited by gymbomb

Michaels (and probably most other crafts stores) sells the small plastic bags. They come in a couple of sizes -- I don't remember the exact price, but it was only a few $ for a box.

They look like this: http://www.michaels.com/Bead-Landing-Bagettes-2x3/bd1039,default,pd.html?start=59&cgid=products-beads-storage

Thanks for the info.

Great idea with the plastic bags. I try all of my outfits on, jewelry and all prior to the trip and take pictures and label them with when I'll be wearing it. But by the time I'm on the cruise I forget which jewelry is for what, and just end up wearing whatever. This will surely help with that! Thanks.

The labeled jewelry bags are one of the best organizational tools for cruising (or any traveling!). I have a couple jewelry rolls that work for a long weekend trip, but anything longer needs bags:cool:.

Here's my latest pedi art:

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B57%3B%3A4335nu0mrj

A tablemate took this photo - only thing is, you can't see the length of my dress! This is the Ralph Lauren I wore to my son's wedding 10 years ago when it was tea length. It's now just below my knee. The pink clutch went on my honeymoon...46 years ago!!

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C4%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B5%3B757335nu0mrj

A few more photos coming...

The labeled jewelry bags are one of the best organizational tools for cruising (or any traveling!). I have a couple jewelry rolls that work for a long weekend trip, but anything longer needs bags:cool:.

Here's my latest pedi art:

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B57%3B%3A4335nu0mrj

A tablemate took this photo - only thing is, you can't see the length of my dress! This is the Ralph Lauren I wore to my son's wedding 10 years ago when it was tea length. It's now just below my knee. The pink clutch went on my honeymoon...46 years ago!!

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C4%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B5%3B757335nu0mrj

A few more photos coming...

Both of you look wonderful. Love the toe art!