Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Monday is a beach day at CocoCay...so I'll be wearing an old suit but my new Goodwill coverup (see my earlier post) and a cute black sun hat that hubby bought for me. That night for dinner, I will probably wear this...(those are just Chico's Travelers Pants)...hard to see, but that top has sequins and beads on it...

232323232%7Ffp73489%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A332%3Cnu0mrj

with these shoes...

232323232%7Ffp543%3A8%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3B432%3Cnu0mrj

So, on Tuesday morning here is what I am wearing to our "Meet and Mingle Party".....

232323232%7Ffp54394%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3B532%3Cnu0mrj

with these shoes....(that remember I got on sale at Famous Footwear)

232323232%7Ffp54363%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A832%3Cnu0mrj

Tuesday night will be our first formal night, so I will wear one of these two outfits....this did not photograph too well (and sorry it's a little blurry) but that is a black lace top that is lined with almost a pewter lining and those are actually palazzo pants (chiffon), not a skirt....

232323232%7Ffp543%3B7%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3B%3A32%3Cnu0mrj

with these shoes (pewter) and this little handbag that has gold, silver and pewter beads on it....

232323232%7Ffp5434%3B%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A%3B32%3Cnu0mrj

Or this outfit....that IS a skirt (shorter in front) and that jacket is just beautiful (beaded and black velvet trim)...with the same black dressy shoes from the previous post and the same handbag as above...

232323232%7Ffp543%3A4%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3B932%3Cnu0mrj

So pretty! Loving all these black and red outfits! And black travelers pants are a key staple in my wardrobe! I have a similar velvet evening jacket, same style with the beads around the edges but mine is purples and tawny colors with a fish theme...I shall have to drag it out! I am thinking perfect for specialty restaurant!

Love these looks ladies and glad to see the lower dressy heels.

On pics.....can I take with my iPhone and upload to the thread like I do Facebook? If so I am gonna be busy...I put several outfits in my spare room today...getting ready even tho' I don't leave til March 28th!

Terry

Wednesday, we will be in St. Thomas for a day of sightseeing, shopping and a beach....so I will wear this....those pants came from Goodwill a few years back!

232323232%7Ffp54399%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3B832%3Cnu0mrj

with these shoes that I got at SteinMart....do y'all have that store or is that a Texas (regional) store??

232323232%7Ffp7349%3A%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A932%3Cnu0mrj

and this little purse that my best friend got for me in Mexico a few years back...made out of candy wrappers!

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897%3B748532%3Cnu0mrj

So, on Thursday, we will be in St. Maarten for a Sightseeing/Shopping Tour...AND it's Valentine's Day!! Here is what I'll be wearing in port...(that top is hot pink) and I'm recycling capri pants....:D

232323232%7Ffp5437%3A%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D388976459%3B32%3Cnu0mrj

....with the multi-colored flower sandals from above and this purse (also from Stein-Mart)

232323232%7Ffp543%3B2%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897%3B748432%3Cnu0mrj

And that night for Valentines Day dinner, I'll be wearing this...a steal from T.J. Maxx for $21 bucks and I got the heart pin at a place called Sam Moon (purses and jewelry discount warehouse)....

232323232%7Ffp734%3A3%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A532%3Cnu0mrj

with the black dressy heels that I posted earlier, and this purse (bought on another cruise for $10 bucks and it's beaded)

232323232%7Ffp54349%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D388976459%3A32%3Cnu0mrj

So, here's just some random outfits that I plan to wear....no particular day or order....For dinner....probably with the black Chico's pants or some Chico's Traveler's capris...

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3B732%3Cnu0mrj

another dinner outfit...these are actually ankle pants, not capris...

232323232%7Ffp734%3A8%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3B632%3Cnu0mrj

This can be for dinner with the ankle pants or a daytime outfit with white capris (and I'm also taking some red Chico's capris)....

232323232%7Ffp54358%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A232%3Cnu0mrj

Another dinner outfit, with recycled cobalt blue pants from earlier...this top also has beads/sequins....

232323232%7Ffp54357%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A732%3Cnu0mrj

A daytime outfit...I have matching turquoise Chico's capri pants (they were at the cleaners...;) )

232323232%7Ffp73488%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897682%3B%3B32%3Cnu0mrj

and again, the multi-colored flower sandals can go with either daytime outfit...

Well, that about wraps up my "fashion tour"....I know I am taking TONS of clothes....not to mention FIVE pairs of shoes, plus three flip flops!! :eek: But like I said, with us driving, I can take whatever I want!! I still haven't pulled jewelry yet, but I have tons of that too....I look forward to seeing what other people share...we leave day after tomorrow (Friday) to begin our drive to Port Canaveral....woo hoo!! :D Hopefully, when I return, I will have some pictures of me actually WEARING the clothes!! LOL!! :)

Oh you've done good!

Love the valentines day stuff! You are a Fashionista all right!

I am trying to find Steinmarts......!

I bet those sandals go with just about everything!

Terry

Terry, where do you live....looks like there are Stein Marts in a lot of states, not just Texas...here is a link to their page...

http://www.steinmart.com/find-a-store/

LifeisButaDream - LOVE your outfits!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you wearing them :)

So, I'm *almost* all packed, found a cute teal t shirt at Costco that matches great with a fun teal and sand skirt I bought at Old Navy last summer. I just need to figure out how to pack an extra outfit (or two ;)) into the already jammed suitcase.

I am very proud of myself though. Mine AND DS's clothes are in 1 suitcase and 1 carryon. Only my toiletries and a couple of pairs of shoes need to go into DH's bag. Yay me!

I'm in Virginia...found some in Richmond. I've just never shopped there. Well that will change!

Loved your outfits, seeing them made me feel more confident about my own choices and styles....,we have similar tastes. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Terry

Alrighty, I took pictures of my clothes last night and got the majority rolled up an into just 2 eBags packing cubes (one large, one medium). Those things are impressive. I realized I don't really have outfits, per se, but can mix and match all my bottoms + tops. Unfortunately most of my tops are just fitted v-neck tshirts, but I plan to wear dresses mostly at night, anyway.

I will upload and post pictures tonight but here is my list that I can remember (we will also be spending 1/2 day in Fort Lauderdale before and 2 days in Naples after our 7 night cruise):

7 fitted tshirts

4 pairs of long pants; 2 skinny ankle pants, 2 long dressy pants

4 pairs casual shorts

2 pairs dressier shorts

1 lace short sleeved "sweater"

2 3/4 length shirts (including anchor embarkation shirt)

2 athletic tanks

2 swim suits

2 swim suit coverups

6 dresses (for dinner; will be wearing dress pants first night)

6 or 7 pairs of shoes (?!)

Jean jacket

Black cardigan (dolman style sleeves)

pajamas (of course!)

I'll also have a pair of jeans, tennis shoes, and a hoodie/fleece, that I'll be wearing to fly down and back.

Lifeisbutadream....I love all of your outfits! O.k....not as crazy about the two tops you are going to wear with the black bottoms but LOVING everything else!

Can you tell me where you bought your two white pants (capris and ankle pants)? I need to replace my favorite pair of white capris that I bought a few years ago at the Loft and can't seem to find any capris or ankle pants that have a slightly fuller leg. Skin tight is so popular now and isn't great for those of use with a pear shape.

....I love all of your outfits! O.k....not as crazy about the two tops you are going to wear with the black bottoms but LOVING everything else!

Can you tell me where you bought your two white pants (capris and ankle pants)? I need to replace my favorite pair of white capris that I bought a few years ago at the Loft and can't seem to find any capris or ankle pants that have a slightly fuller leg. Skin tight is so popular now and isn't great for those of use with a pear shape.

Oh I know, finding pants for the past couple of years has been a nightmare!! Everyone changed their cuts so I can no longer find pants that fit at my favorite stores -- the old ones in my closet still fit great, and I'm hoping that they last and I stay the same size for a long time :eek:

I used to be able to find work pants very easily at Talbots and Ann Taylor, but not anymore... On a more positive note though, I managed to find a pair of jeans I just loved before Christmas, and as a bonus they were only $20 at Target!! I might like them even more than the Banana Republic ones that were my previous favorites. Banana has also changed their cut so that the jeans with the exact same labeling as my old faves no longer fit.

Oh I know, finding pants for the past couple of years has been a nightmare!! Everyone changed their cuts so I can no longer find pants that fit at my favorite stores -- the old ones in my closet still fit great, and I'm hoping that they last and I stay the same size for a long time :eek:

I used to be able to find work pants very easily at Talbots and Ann Taylor, but not anymore... On a more positive note though, I managed to find a pair of jeans I just loved before Christmas, and as a bonus they were only $20 at Target!! I might like them even more than the Banana Republic ones that were my previous favorites. Banana has also changed their cut so that the jeans with the exact same labeling as my old faves no longer fit.

So funny....as I am a Talbots and Ann Taylor girls myself and my best dress pants are from them.

Happy to report that I now fit back into my own Target jeans that I bought a couple of years ago and just put them on before reading this post!

Miss a day of reading CCF and WOW!! Great info and comments:). Where to begin????

Life IsButADream: Double Wow!! Your photos are the best evericon14.gif

ALL your purses, especially the palm tree evening bag are gorgeous. If nothing else, this thread has introduced me to the pleasures of accessories.

Your M&M outfit - genius! The Goodwill pants and the shoes are absolutely perfect...and your Valentines' Day dress w/ heart pin couldn't be a better choice.

Thank you so-o-o much for taking time to share all the outfits - really good camera work, too:cool::).

Terryd444: Tops with bling and boho skirts will be a great fit with the cruise ship vibe! What better place to wear fun clothes!

nikex: A genius idea - wearing a sundress one day and then adding a top to make a 2-piece outfit another day:). THAT is an idea that I will jot down and use for sure!

arom729: Thank you for posting your packing list. It helps all of us (who plan every outfit) to see the possibilities of mixing and matching.

gymbomb and lovestx: At a Talbot's store in December, the saleslady told me about the different fits their pants come in. Skinny pants aren't my choice so she suggested ones with a straight leg - voila! Sold! Pants, IMHO, need to be tried on no matter what.

Hope you find more that work for you!

JediMom: How often are we "almost packed"...decide to do just a little more shopping...and find something(s) that are "perfect for cruising"! We can always make room for those items in our luggage;).

wrcjr98: Thanks for the Loft link. "Vacation Shop" sounds like a perfect place to do a little shopping...

And While I'm on the Subject of SHOPPING - As a teenager, I went through issues of "Seventeen", "Glamour" and "Mademoiselle" and added up the cost of all the items I would buy...Well, over my second cup of coffee at breakfast, the "Garnet Hill" catalog was laying on the table. So I did a Fantasy Shopping spree. Since it's MY fantasy, everything would fit perfectly and would look great. How much was spent on this Fantasy Shopping Spree you ask???

$3084.00! Garnet Hill is my favorite purveyor of bed linens and in recent years has expanded to include more pages of clothing and less household needs.

There is one cardigan sweater - white with navy blue anchors that might become a Reality Buy...

Edited by indiana71

Lifeisbutadream....I love all of your outfits! O.k....not as crazy about the two tops you are going to wear with the black bottoms but LOVING everything else!

I bought the white capris (both pair) and the white ankle pants at Macy's....hope you are able to find some great pants that fit right...and if you are talking about my formal wear, they are MY least favorite of all the outfits too...haha!! But I already owned almost all of those pieces (except the lace blouse), so felt I had to make it work, since I spent so much money on other fun, bright clothes and shoes!! ;) I'm very much a "color" girl!!

ALL your purses, especially the palm tree evening bag are gorgeous. If nothing else, this thread has introduced me to the pleasures of accessories.

Your M&M outfit - genius! The Goodwill pants and the shoes are absolutely perfect...and your Valentines' Day dress w/ heart pin couldn't be a better choice.

Thank you so-o-o much for taking time to share all the outfits - really good camera work, too:cool::).

Thank you, Indiana!! I learned my "pro" camera work from someone special....YOU!! LOL!!! :D This is such a fun, fun thread...looking forward to seeing more pictures!! I leave tomorrow morning....woo hoo!!

Thank you, Indiana!! I learned my "pro" camera work from someone special....YOU!! LOL!!! :D This is such a fun, fun thread...looking forward to seeing more pictures!! I leave tomorrow morning....woo hoo!!

Lucky you! I'll make sure to post photos tonight then, so you can see. :) Maybe if I have time I'll snap some of DD's clothes, too. So cute if I do say so myself!

So funny....as I am a Talbots and Ann Taylor girls myself and my best dress pants are from them.

Happy to report that I now fit back into my own Target jeans that I bought a couple of years ago and just put them on before reading this post!

LOL!! I do actually work at a job I could wear nice jeans to, but I prefer to wear dress pants most days and kahkis from time to time. Wore my favorite dark gray Ann Taylor pants today :)