Oriana X105

DamianG

Hi. We've just booked this cruise departing 16th April 2011 and I wondered if anyone can tell me who the Captain and Cruise Director are? It is usually in the Portunus magazine but I've mislaid the latest copy. Also any DIY tips for Corfu, Dubrovnik, Split, Venice and Naples would be appreciated. I've searched the forum for advice and think we'll go for the water taxi or vaporetto in Venice but all comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

Damian

Hi. We've just booked this cruise departing 16th April 2011 and I wondered if anyone can tell me who the Captain and Cruise Director are? It is usually in the Portunus magazine but I've mislaid the latest copy. Also any DIY tips for Corfu, Dubrovnik, Split, Venice and Naples would be appreciated. I've searched the forum for advice and think we'll go for the water taxi or vaporetto in Venice but all comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

Damian

We are on Oriana not long after you but sadly only for 2 nights.I've been on a cruise to all of these stops bar Split so here's my perspective accepting that people have different tastes.

1.Corfu.I like a potter round Corfu Town lovely old streets and shops and also the town square has a cricket pitch and I've watched a couple of games there whilst sitting at a cafe.Have also done various beach resorts by taxi.Beautiful island some resorts are quite built upnow but there are still some relatively unspoilt ones.

2..Dubrovnik.A wander round the lovely old town Cathedral etc. and a walk round the city walls is lovely.

3.Naples.Have done most things "doable" from naples-Vesuvius/Pompeii,Sorrento.My favourites though are to take a hyderrofoil to Capri or Ischia both are beautiful islands but Ischia is more unspoilt.We went to a Thermal bath resort which had lots of different pools of different temperatures and sizes,a lovely beach and a really lovely restaurant.It was one of my all-time favourite days!

http://www.negombo.it/en

Enjoy whatever you decide!

Archived