Taxi to Iguana Farm?

supercruzer1

The Iguana farm is a few minutes from French Harbour so about 10-15 minutes from the ferry dock. It is safe and will cost you about $20 to get in which is a little high considering what you get. But the igaunas are amazingly huge and there are about 4000 of them if I remember correctly. They also have some monkeys in cages and they have a small enclosed area in the water with fish and turtles. Its a small family run operation so your money is going to help support the upkeep of the iguanas so if you ok with that then the money to get in is not that much. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if you can take a taxi from Mahogany Bay to Arch's Iguana Farm and if so, is it safe and how much does that usually run?

FYI, you are likely to see iguanas in the 'wild' anywhere in the Caribbean, so keep your eyes open!

If you are going to Cozumel/Chankanaab, check out the lagoon...several live within it's confines.

They tend to be quiet, gentle and kind and taste like chicken. :)

The Iguana farm is a few minutes from French Harbour so about 10-15 minutes from the ferry dock. It is safe and will cost you about $20 to get in which is a little high considering what you get. But the igaunas are amazingly huge and there are about 4000 of them if I remember correctly. They also have some monkeys in cages and they have a small enclosed area in the water with fish and turtles. Its a small family run operation so your money is going to help support the upkeep of the iguanas so if you ok with that then the money to get in is not that much. Hope that helps.

That helps a lot- Thanks :D

^ NO! the Iguana farm was built to protect the iguana from locals who liek to eat them It is a must see BUT I would do it on a larger tour say with bodden tours or somthing rather thn just take a taxi. It will be cheaper in the long run! I have som pictures here http://ultimateparkreview.blogspot.com/2010/12/isla-roatan-hondurous.html

FYI, you are likely to see iguanas in the 'wild' anywhere in the Caribbean, so keep your eyes open!. :)

Not all that likely you will see any in the wild on Roatan unless they are running across the road as you taxi by. They have been hunted to near extinction on the Island because as mentioned previously, they taste like chicken.

Many years ago it was common on Roatan to be told there are at least one iguana for every tree, I seldom saw them but at any given time a good hunter/spotter could find them in almost any tree, Those days are long gone and now most in the wild have learned to keep even more well hidden

I did see a few when I was on the island of Aruba. They seemed pretty social and not hiding.

I see them regularly around south Florida as well as ,like Aruba, they are not really considered a food source, My answer was based on this being the Roatan forum and what to expect on Roatan

Archived