Upgrade from Balcony to Mini Suite?

nhquilter1

Just checked at NCL - we're already booked in a balcony and found that they have suites available for $122 more (total) - can I and should I call and ask about an upgrade??? Is a mini that much better than a balcony that it would be worth the extra $122??

Thanks!

Just checked at NCL - we're already booked in a balcony and found that they have suites available for $122 more (total) - can I and should I call and ask about an upgrade??? Is a mini that much better than a balcony that it would be worth the extra $122??

Thanks!

Just my opinion, but I would go for the mini suite for that amount of $. You will have more room and I like the curtain divider in the mini that is between the bed and the living area. Nice if one of you is an early riser.

I love the mini suites, especially on the Sun! They are much nicer than the ones on the Star, which are fine.

WARNING, our first stateroom was an oceanview, then we did a balcony. Wonderful! For the Panama Canal, a mini-suite, then the next thing you know we wanted to try a Penthouse and now, there is no going back.

Be warned! Mini-suites are a gateway to full suites!

If you have more than 2 - definitely. We upgraded to a mini-suite for about that amount of money when traveling with our grown son - made a big difference in privacy. However, if there is only 2 of you, then take into consideration location roger001 said, and remember, that money can also go to onboard spending such as specialty restaurants, bar tabs, excursions, etc. At least that is how my cheap DH would see it:) A regular balcony is fine for husband and wives. But if you have the money to spend, and the location is great, then take the mini.

Just the two of us....

and I realized that the $122 didn't include the travel insurance so the total would be $300 more...not sure DH would go for that - we're quite happy with our balcony (our first cruise was an inside - we've come a long way! lol).

thanks for the input!

Just the two of us....

and I realized that the $122 didn't include the travel insurance so the total would be $300 more...not sure DH would go for that - we're quite happy with our balcony (our first cruise was an inside - we've come a long way! lol).

thanks for the input!

If it is just the two of you then a balcony will be more than enough room. DW and I just got off the Dawn and no problems at all in our balcony.

Save the money for shore excursions.

Pat

I love the mini suites, especially on the Sun! They are much nicer than the ones on the Star, which are fine.

WARNING, our first stateroom was an oceanview, then we did a balcony. Wonderful! For the Panama Canal, a mini-suite, then the next thing you know we wanted to try a Penthouse and now, there is no going back.

I wish cruisecritic had a "like" button! :D

NCL uses a slippery slope technique (as described above) to hook you into the Suite Life. I should know... I am a victim.

I have done mini's before; for the price I would do it.

Take care,

Phelios

I would stick with the balcony ... if it just for 2 .. you will be fine ... my wife and i did always go with the balcony when travelling without the kids... the etra space and bigger pullout comes handy with the little ones ! Enjoy and hope you have a great cruise !

Stephan

While we are on the subject of Balcony or mini suite, I have some questions. We are currently booked on the Jewel in a Balcony on Deck 10.

We are considering moving our room to AFT, can you hear noise below, if you have heard noise (IE Ship noise) what deck were you on?

Also, we have been offered to upgrade to a Mini Suite for $100 total, I am also considering this.

Has anyone been on the Jewel, which decks should I stay away from, is AFT a good location?

Many Thanks

Archived