Recent nightlife experience on Ruby?

FliLady

I'm sailing on the Ruby March 13 and I've been reading alot of reviews stating that there really isn't any nightlife after 11:00 p.m. When I did the inagural sailing on the Caribbean Princess, I remember experiencing the same thing, the ship was literally a ghost ship after 11:00! Has anyone sailed over spring break or recently on the Ruby and had a lack of things to do after 11:00?

I'm also on your ship at the same time and am hoping the ship doesn't die at night. This is the reason we switched from Celebrity to Princess. Goodness, Celebrity was a ghost ship after 10. SOOOO boring. Of course we were in Europe instead of the Caribbean so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

We were on the 1/16/11 sailing of the Ruby and I have to say that this was the most active night life I have ever scene on a Princess ship. I do think that was due to the band that was onboard. They embarked when we did, they were called East Coast Connection, and hands down the best band we have encountered on a cruise(from any line). The band would take many request from the audience and I was amazed at the diversity they played upon request.

They played at all of the sailaways, by the pool in the lounges, etc. They were very good at getting audience participation for dancing.

Hopefully they will still be onboard for your sailing.

I am also on the sailing 3/13 with Hootsie and Flilady. My Partner and I were on the Ruby for Christmas week and had a great time. The disco was full every night and everyone enjoyed themselves. It all depends on the crowd you get which varies from week to week, but at the same time different lines cater to a different crowd.

HAL tends to have a much older crowd while Carnival has all of the twenty-somethings. As for Celebrity, we have always had a great time on Celebrity, but it also varies by region. In Alaska (we were there 2x) and it was the same -- a very robust middle america crowd - no smoking, no drinking, no dancing, fox news watchers :eek: - lights out at ten; in Europe we also experienced more subdued nightlife, due to the fact that you have very long days touring.

This is a spring break week and the ship is basically sold-out. I am sure it will be a party atmosphere... All you need is the East Coast crowd and LET THE PARTY BEGIN...

Don't worry and go with the flow....:p

Thanks for your response! When faced with the challenge of an empty ship at 11:00, also makes for a fantastic time of creating your own fun too!! There is no such thing as a bad cruise:)

FliLady - I totally agree with you... See you soon...:)

Archived