Princess discount on excursions?

serenity27

During one of my conversations with a TA, she mentioned that if we pre-book ship excursions (before we embark), there is a discount. When I finally booked this cruise, the Princess rep had no idea what I was talking about. I have never heard of this on any of our past cruises, but I was wondering if any of you knew the answer. I will call Princess back, but I thought I would check with you all as well. Thanks!

During one of my conversations with a TA, she mentioned that if we pre-book ship excursions (before we embark), there is a discount. When I finally booked this cruise, the Princess rep had no idea what I was talking about. I have never heard of this on any of our past cruises, but I was wondering if any of you knew the answer. I will call Princess back, but I thought I would check with you all as well. Thanks!

What I noticed for our Caribbean cruise over Christmas is that it's not so much a discount as it is a lower price. The price rises as it gets closer to the departure date and is definately higher prices if you book onboard.

Have never heard this before so perhaps your TA doesn't know what she is talking about.

You can book your excursions online to make sure you can get the one you want. But you are not charged until after the cruise starts. That way, you can still cancel easily (up to the deadline for that port) any excursions. You can also book excursions that are still or become available.

Thank you for your help! I found out what the deal is. If you book online before the cruise, it is an approximate 5% discount. Once you are on the ship, the Excursion prices will be higher. We have booked our Princess excursions but are looking at non-Princess sponsored tours as well.

Archived