Can you resell a cruise

RMM34667

I was just wondering.. If I book a cruise and pay in full at final payment. And if I'm not too smart and do not buy insurance.. Can I resell that cruise?

Now I do understand that with ES there is a name change fee. But what if I just booked another fee. I would expect that if the cruise was booked past guest or other special price the purchaser would have to be eligible for the same discount. But other than those types of restrictions, could one sell their cruise?

I do not have a cruise booked that I cannot enjoy, and I wouldn't book a cruise without insurance. BUT I was just wondering if it was even possible for someone in that situation to sell their cruise instead of losing everything?

Thanks.....

I was just wondering.. If I book a cruise and pay in full at final payment. And if I'm not too smart and do not buy insurance.. Can I resell that cruise?

Now I do understand that with ES there is a name change fee. But what if I just booked another fee. I would expect that if the cruise was booked past guest or other special price the purchaser would have to be eligible for the same discount. But other than those types of restrictions, could one sell their cruise?

I do not have a cruise booked that I cannot enjoy, and I wouldn't book a cruise without insurance. BUT I was just wondering if it was even possible for someone in that situation to sell their cruise instead of losing everything?

Thanks.....

You can do a name change with Carnival. If the person is booked under past guest then the person who boards must be a past guest. Whether you "sell" the cruise isn't something to discuss with Carnival. They only care if they got paid. I believe you can't do a name change on ES.

Now I do understand that with ES there is a name change fee.?

Thanks.....

I just reread what all you said. With ES there are no name changes... and they stick to it. The only $50 fee is if you have a legal name change to your own name, like a woman got married, she could pay $50 and change her own name. But you cannot change anyone out, not even with a fee. Thats a big thing to remember about ES.

I just reread what all you said. With ES there are no name changes... and they stick to it. The only $50 fee is if you have a legal name change to your own name, like a woman got married, she could pay $50 and change her own name. But you cannot change anyone out, not even with a fee. Thats a big thing to remember about ES.

Thanks I guess I missunderstood that name change.

So.. If my next door neighbor can't make his cruise booked with a regular price (no ES, no past guest or anyother discounter) he can't sell the cruise to me at say 50% of his costs...

Thanks!

So.. If my next door neighbor can't make his cruise booked with a regular price (no ES, no past guest or anyother discounter) he can't sell the cruise to me at say 50% of his costs...

That's correct. One of the original people on the reservation still has to sail.

Thanks I guess I missunderstood that name change.

Thanks!

That's correct. One of the original people on the reservation still has to sail.

actually, i'm thinking that in this hypothetical situation, there would be one work around.

get yourself on the booking via name change, with the 'neighbor' remaining on the booking.

'neighbor' is then a no-show at boarding, while the newly added passenger, you in this hypothetical situation, boards without 'neighbor'.

i don't see why that wouldn't work. but some amount is forfeited for the no-show.

one could be sneaky, and add a 'third' passenger to the booking, thereby achieving double occupancy by also paying the add-on third passenger rate.

Archived