Aurora

holiday addict

Me and my husband and 14yr old daughter, have booked a Balcony Stateroom with Bath/shower for our first cruise in July West Med.

I am now worried that the space in this cabin will be very cramped with the 3 of us , so any comments please, as we have never been before we have no idea of the size of these cabins.We have shared hotel rooms before so are used to sharing,but I just wondered if it would be too small.Thanks:confused:

Me and my husband and 14yr old daughter, have booked a Balcony Stateroom with Bath/shower for our first cruise in July West Med.

I am now worried that the space in this cabin will be very cramped with the 3 of us , so any comments please, as we have never been before we have no idea of the size of these cabins.We have shared hotel rooms before so are used to sharing,but I just wondered if it would be too small.Thanks:confused:

The balcony cabins on Aurora are some of the nicest and well appointed of all the standard P&O cabins. That said, they will be smaller than most hotel rooms, the bathroom especially.

I think you'll manage, if you plan getting ready in the evening carefully, but if you're concerned - and prepared to pay more - you could always opt for an inside cabin opposite for your daughter - but it will be costly as you'll have to pay the dreaded single supplement.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and well done on booking your first cruise.

I suppose whether a cabin is too small depends on how you approach it. I shared a cabin with my parents back in the 1970s which was smaller than those on Aurora and didn't have a balcony and we were fine, and have also shared inside cabins with two friends with no problems. You do have to organised re the bathroom and getting ready for formal evenings, but that is all. There is a fair amount of storage in these cabins, and also they have a curtain which divides the beds off from the wardrobe and bathroom area, creating a kind of dressing room. There will not be acres of floor space, but you do get a small sofa and chair and table.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and well done on booking your first cruise.

There is a fair amount of storage in these cabins, and also they have a curtain which divides the beds off from the wardrobe and bathroom area, creating a kind of dressing room. There will not be acres of floor space, but you do get a small sofa and chair and table.

It depends on which Balcony Sateroom you have as to whether there is a curtain or not. Also, if there is a curtain, it seperates the beds, not the wardrobe and bathroom from the beds.

By the way, you have chosen the best ship of the fleet to start your cruising. I hope you have been warned that it is very addictive :rolleyes:

My daughter shared our cabin from 9 yrs old right up to late teens!. My husband used to snooze on prom deck while we got ready, then we would hit the shops and try out the perfumes while he got ready!

Plenty of room really. As she got older, she would sometimes wake us when she rolled in late or rather early(morning!)

When we first started cruising 15 yrs ago on Canberra, there were berths sold individually, so strangers would share a cabin! We had to pay a little extra to ensure that the cabin was for us only!

It depends on which Balcony Sateroom you have as to whether there is a curtain or not. Also, if there is a curtain, it seperates the beds, not the wardrobe and bathroom from the beds.

By the way, you have chosen the best ship of the fleet to start your cruising. I hope you have been warned that it is very addictive :rolleyes:

In my cabin - can't remember the number now - it separated the bathroom from the beds, but obviously they all vary. I can certainly vouch for the addictive quality of cruising though !

C301 is Starboard side and is a Stateroom without a curtain. Still plenty of room. We have been in both types on Aurora and I know you will be OK. :)

(In 2006 we spent 4 months cruising on Aurora and been on her many times since. We always feel it is our second home :D )

Hi Rum Rat,

Sorry, apologies, I'm getting confused here! its actually C310 which is the very last one on the Port side, !

and as I read it, you have a deluxe and a curtain and you are straight out onto one of the lovely curved aft decks ............... :mad: I hate you :mad::mad:

R110? If so I am pleased to see that you are in Gibralter in the afternoon. I have been there twice, or passed by there, in the morning and it always seems to have low cloud, clearing for the afternoon :)

and you return to Southampton on the day after I get my Free TV Licence :rolleyes:

I know you will have a souper crooze

Thanks Sharon ( and fellow west country person!!)

We are in C301 I think ,which is port side and aft so near the kids play area. You have certainly been on many cruises and your pictures are great! I hope it will be all I have dreamed of!

Hey - she's a beautiful ship going to a lovely part of the world - you will have a wonderful time and come back as hooked as the rest of us. Just remember there is only one cure for the PCBs (post cruise blues) book another ! :D

Archived