Back2Back ?

sailorwife

when you do a Back2Back cruise and you have a different cabin for the second half does the cabin Stewart move your luggage to the next cabin

(I have a balcony on the first half and a suite on the second half)

could someone please tell me how this works

Thanks

sailorwife

We have had 2 b2bs where we had different cabins.

On the Splendor, the second cabin was several decks up...so we just packed up and rolled it to the new cabin ourselves.

There was some mention about the cabin steward helping...but we just found it was easier to just do it ourselves.

On the Fantasy...we were in U68 the first cruise and U70 (GS) the second cruise. These two cabins have a connecting door...so it was SUPER easy.

We have had 2 b2bs where we had different cabins.

On the Splendor, the second cabin was several decks up...so we just packed up and rolled it to the new cabin ourselves.

There was some mention about the cabin steward helping...but we just found it was easier to just do it ourselves.

On the Fantasy...we were in U68 the first cruise and U70 (GS) the second cruise. These two cabins have a connecting door...so it was SUPER easy.

Thanks LHP, maybe we will move them down the hall a few cabins ourselves, now if the price drops for the suite I will book it if it is still open

Thanks

sailorwife

Talk to your cabin steward it may be the same one for both cabins if they are not that far apart. If you do have 2 different stewards talk to them both about what is best for them. We've always just told the steward in the 1st cabin who has said leave them I'll take them to your new cabin. (we gave him an extra tip for this) But we also take a minute the last day to at least meet the new steward, tell him/her we're moving to cabin# for the 2nd leg. This way they know and at least watch for your luggage so it can go direct into your new cabin. Have never had any problems with letting them move our luggage as it's usually only a short distance from one cabin to the next. But we do keep the important stuff with us i.e.- meds., laptop, cameras, money/cc and jewerly.

When we were on our B2B on the Freedom, we had a great room steward who made moving a breeze! We moved across the hall to the balcony on the 2nd half. He had us pack our toiletries and any loose items in our suitcases. He told us to leave everything on hangars, and he would move the hangars right across the hall with the clothes on them. He was fabulous and probably deserved even more than the generous tip we gave him!!!! ;)

Yes, you do leave the ship, but it is very quick and easy. They will leave a letter in your room the night before to let you know where to meet the next morning. Then, a Carnival rep will lead you off the ship and through customs. They will issue your new sign and sail card and bring you right back on! All before they allow the new arrivals!

Archived