How easy is it to change cruise?

littlesteelo

Ok, so we're booked on N120 on Ventura next year, and have been drifting further towards A117 on Azura, mainly because of the better itinerary. We booked this with Thomson, and got a total of £600 obc with it. Does anyone know what the procedure would be if we wanted to switch and whether we would be able to keep the obc or not? The Azura cruise is more expensive, if that makes a difference.

Agree with Lee the OBC - was a promotion to fill that Ventura cruise and is for that cruise only, so it won't be transferrable its not a personal entitlement but a encouragement to book that particular cruise.

A transfer to another cruise in the same brochure and year has a £100 admin fee I think, I'd phone P&O direct and ask, or just ask Thomsons.

Yes - there is £100 admin fee to change cruises (or was) and your new cruise has to be more expensive than the cancelled one - but I suspect you will lose the OBC unless your TA is very accommodating. If it comes from them then you may be able to keep it. If from P&O I suspect not.

I asked this question a few days ago cos we are booked on an Eastern Med Cruise in Oct. With all the trouble in the region, Egypt just the tip of the iceberg methinks, we want to change. Popped into TA who said we could do so for £100 admin fee and as long as new cruise is same or higher in cost than old. We should pay balance on Oct cruise by July so we have until then to choose another. It has to be another P&O so we will wait for new brochures to come out. The new cruise can be taken up to a year from the date of the old one. Presume we will lose the OBC but perhaps pick up some more with the new one.

Archived