are there laundries on the Island?

ruespal

Hi all- First time cruiser- we're going to Alaska in May and had heard some ships do not have coin op laundries. Does anyone know if the Island has them and where are they located?? Thanks in advance.....

Just do a search for Island Princess deck plans and it will show the ship by deck, On it will be all of the category of cabins, where the laundries are located on your deck or nearby and where all of the public rooms, dining rooms, pools etc. are located. Shirley

Thanks for the info- I did look on the Princess site -found a lot of things I didn't know! We'll be gone 2 weeks and flying from Ct. so taking more clothes wouldn't be an option( but probably more fun than doing laundry!):)

On Aloha deck, the laundromat was on port side, near aft, on the opposite side of ship from the area where the Kids' Club is located. There were five stacked washer/dryers and an ironing board. Configuration and size of the laundry room was different on other decks. I did some ironing on our first day at sea, and we did one load of laundry on the day that we were in Ocho Rios because we had no plans for that port.

Chris

Hi all- First time cruiser- we're going to Alaska in May and had heard some ships do not have coin op laundries. Does anyone know if the Island has them and where are they located?? Thanks in advance.....

I think you will find most of the Princess ships have at least one laundramat on board. We are just off the Coral and I think there was one on every deck, and on ours there were four washing machines, four dryers, an Ironing board and iron.. And you could buy soap powder. But if you pick up any of the books with your ship in it, at the back there will be diagrams of the decks and you will be able to see if there are any on your deck.

We were on the Island Princess two years ago and there was a coin-op laundry on the Caribe level. We were in the very last cabin on the right side of the ship. The laundry was just up a few cabins on a hallway connecting the port and starboard hallways. It was very convenient and the rate was fair although I can't remember how much it was to wash and dry. A tip for you - you might want to do your laundry before the last day/night on board as there was a line to wash and dry. I hope that that helps.

Archived