Western Med weather around 5/22?

CarleenD

Hello all:

I'll be on the Epic taking the Western Mediterranean cruise on 5/22 {waving to everyone else on that sailing}. Does anyone know what kind of weather I can expect? I know the ocean will be too cold for swimming, but will I need a jacket at night? Are long sleeve pants (versus capris) appropriate for days at sea?

Thanks!

I think a pair or two of pants, capris or shorts will be fine, dress in layers! Bring a windbreaker or rainproof shell and a fleece....it might be very warm I'd go to the travel websites and look at the average temps for May for some of the cities you'll be visiting.

:)

Hi Carleen! Come over and say Hi in the Roll Call thread!

For those of us in the frozen northern US, the ave temps in the 70s (F) with lots of sunshine sound heavenly, but we'll try to be prepared for breezes and showers as well.

Hello all:

I'll be on the Epic taking the Western Mediterranean cruise on 5/22 {waving to everyone else on that sailing}. Does anyone know what kind of weather I can expect? I know the ocean will be too cold for swimming, but will I need a jacket at night? Are long sleeve pants (versus capris) appropriate for days at sea?

Thanks!

Thanks guys. Since this is Europe, I'm trying to dress as "stylishly" as possible, which means planning my wardrobe a lot more carefully than I otherwise would. Sooo, I guess long, polyester type pants and a pashmina should cover me for most circumstances.

(And yes, I know a lot of people say dress however you're comfortable regardless of the location. But I feel I made enough of a fool of myself my first time in Paris, and it's a lesson I've never forgotten. :-)).

I have no experience of being mid Med for the weather, however it does seem to be somewhat of a lottery. We are on the cruise the week after.

Two years ago we stayed just south of Barcelona for a week in May. It was so hot i could not walk on the sand bare foot !!! We then rebook and come back in August to find the weather cool and indeed the odd thunderstorm. One night i watched a bunch of kids on inflatable's in the main road float past the window of the bar i was in on a torrent of water that had arrived within seconds. And no i wasn't drunk :)

Archived