Costa 2012 - So far

G.M.T.

Oh btw Ron...I am keeping an eye on the webcams, Vicky is in Buenos Aires with her new load of passengers, looks like the gremlins might have been sorted, perhaps.....although the true test will be the cruise after the one about to start when she goes non-stop to Rio and then calls at Punte del Este on the way home. Tonight she is off on her short hop to Punta & back.

Tjandluke,

Will you have enough $$$ left over for our drink in Singapore on 30th. March 2012 if n ot then I'll break open the duty free? :D

Ron

Always! My Mum (smart woman she was) had a very strict holiday rule. I have always followed it. It was something along the lines of eat/ drink/ buy (within reason and luggage restrictions) whatever you want on holidays! You never know what is around the corner or when you will be back in the same area to enjoy it again.

Thought of you actually yesterday Ron. In Sydney; Heineken are promoting an Oktoberfest style thing in March- they are encouraging customers to get in the spirit and to dress up- Leidenhosen (guessed on the spelling there!) encouraged. I was hoping they do a similar thing in Singapore in March 2012!

Looks like it will be a small CC meet in Singapore on your cruise Ron, and tjandluke could be unfortunate enough to bump into me when I get on Classica ;) :D

Highly possible depending on the embarkation/ disembarkation times. We will be flying to Thailand to continue our holiday. Previously on the Classica they have let guests stay on board later (not sure of the rules now) if they have a later flight. We will have an early evening flight to Bangkok so will be staying as long as possible- would rather enjoy the ship in preference to traipsing around Singapore with luggage- we have been there several times before.

Always! My Mum (smart woman she was) had a very strict holiday rule. I have always followed it. It was something along the lines of eat/ drink/ buy (within reason and luggage restrictions) whatever you want on holidays! You never know what is around the corner or when you will be back in the same area to enjoy it again.

Thought of you actually yesterday Ron. In Sydney; Heineken are promoting an Oktoberfest style thing in March- they are encouraging customers to get in the spirit and to dress up- Leidenhosen (guessed on the spelling there!) encouraged. I was hoping they do a similar thing in Singapore in March 2012!

You gave an idea where we could meet up, in the shopping mail (Vivo City) next to the cruise terminal there is a German Bier Bar call Brotzeit::rolleyes:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/restaurants/singapore/reviews/restaurant-Brotzeit_German_Bier_Bar__Restaurant-1000000820.php

http://www.brotzeit.co/index.html

Probably we won't find an Oktoberfest in March, but the season of Lent is one of Germany's Strong Beer (Starkbier) Festivals so there maybe some festivates going on.:D

Ron

I gave up arguing and booked the December 27th cruise on friday by then there were only 3 B1's, and 2 B2's left, I wonder if there will be any left by the time they post the US prices.

The reason teh Costa lady gave me for the difference in prices is the competition in the markets, UK prices are the cheapest because its harder to get Poms to go apparently or so I was told.

Anyway we may or may not be seeing Jerseleum, we are supposed to be the first cruise to return.

9 months and 5 days till we leave.

I gave up arguing and booked the December 27th cruise on friday by then there were only 3 B1's, and 2 B2's left, I wonder if there will be any left by the time they post the US prices.

The reason teh Costa lady gave me for the difference in prices is the competition in the markets, UK prices are the cheapest because its harder to get Poms to go apparently or so I was told.

Anyway we may or may not be seeing Jerseleum, we are supposed to be the first cruise to return.

9 months and 5 days till we leave.

Nice one Michelle :)

Hope you have a great time :D

You gave an idea where we could meet up, in the shopping mail (Vivo City) next to the cruise terminal there is a German Bier Bar call Brotzeit::rolleyes:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/restaurants/singapore/reviews/restaurant-Brotzeit_German_Bier_Bar__Restaurant-1000000820.php

Probably we won't find an Oktoberfest in March, but the season of Lent is one of Germany's Strong Beer (Starkbier) Festivals so there maybe some festivates going on.:D

Ron

I spent a week in 2001 at the Munich Oktoberfest...brilliant week, absolutely amazing experience :D

I stayed in a small hotel in Bad Tolz, lovely little town, then travelled up to Munich by train each day...really inexpensive way to do it, loved every moment. I drove down from the UK & back, even the driving wasn't so bad, the autobahn's are great to give the car a little exercise :)

I've done the Oktoberfest a couple of times, it certainly has expanded in recent years - just like the prices.:(

In summer, nearly every Bavarian town and village has their own beer festival and with typical German efficiency the dates are coordinated so that there are no clashes. So as we do not have any real pubs here we can at least do a beer festival crawl.:rolleyes:

I'm still trying to convince DW that we should cruise with AIDA, buit she keeps saying NO (damned she read that AIDA's newest ships have micro breweries onboard).

Ron

Ron

Sounds like a plan. I had a drink there last year. Had spent a long hot, tiring day at Universal and needed a cooling refresher before heading back to the hotel!

I have never had an Oktoberfest in Europe but one of the large hotels in Bangkok (name escapes me) turns their underground carpark into a replica beer hall. It was a lot of fun.

Archived