If rci could change one thing...

TrueBlueTory your absolutely right the declining of the food quality/selection is showing in RC but I have to say Carnival it is drastic and I mean to a point I no longer will cruise on them (buffet lunches practically all sandwiches, burgers, hog dogs, chicken fingers, fries, pizza and sandwiches), no cavings, no healthier options and the salad bar was warm and tomatoes soggy... I rather pay more money for a cruise and to have better selection/quality this is why I staying with RC, although they did cut back as all cruise lines did, they still remain to offer something for everbody (including keeping the carvings in the buffet lunch). RC is more money than a Carnival cruise so I will pay the extra to get better and I not mind to pay a bit more to get even better food.

Negc- Your right, children and new cruisers would like to see the dining room singing and dancing, its ok if they remain having this, if sitting with others we nicely excuse ourself from the table, after all, its usually after the dinner anyway.

Depending upon which port you go out is what determines the itinerary, we live in Florida so will only cruise out of Florida to avoid the airfare, I have friends and family that have cruised out of San Juan with many disappointments, usually they are older ships there in that port anyway. I love cruises so ports not matter to me I just not get off in certain ports such as Nassau and Jamaica and have the ship to myself. :)

Not sure when your last RC cruise was, but I went in December and the toilet paper was so thin, again, that was my shortest cruise last year in December and perhaps the older ships they use the thinner toilet paper due to plumbing?

For my daughter who is single in her cabin, I generally choose the lowest cost inside stateroom for her, she not care where she is and the rooms are pretty much the same. But it would be nicer to have stuidio/single rooms so that there be more choices as to the category thusly saving the solo traveler some money for the cruise so they can travel more often.

My children are grown up now but when they were younger we first had them in our cabin (under age of 14) then we put them in a joining cabin next to us, at that time finances were a little more tougher as we had two children to provide for so we apt for inside cabins and had no problem getting joining rooms together. But now my son is on his own, and my daughter will turn 20 at the end of this year, I feel it is just perfectly fine to have her in a cabin on the same deck. I say same deck because thats me a mom speaking to make sure she is close by lol but honestly, she can drive at the age of 16, get her license at the age of 17, buy tobacco, vote and fight for her country at the age of 18 why not be able to have a cabin anywhere she likes, especially being on the same deck as myself?? This just doesn't make sense to me at all....for parents that want their children next to them or across the hall from them, its their choice to choose a cabin that provides for them but to have such ridicious limites puts a damper on me to have my balcony cabin and her inside cabin which according to their rules must be next door or right across the hall from me....its just not fair I say. I could understand those under 18 need to have those restrictions but my daughter is legal age the only thing she cannot do is drink which the ship will not give her alcohol anyway....there needs to be a change to this rule as I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.

I do wish RCL would offer Liquor purchase by the bottle for your cabin. I do not wish to smuggle or break any rules - but I would really like to have the option to order this so I can enjoy a drink on my balcony when ever I want. Other lines do allow this - I wish RCL would too!

Guest maddycat
I would love to see an improved selection of cookies, they all seem very very hard and dry. Not very yummy at all.

What appeals to one person doesn't appeal to another. I love crunchy cookies and don't like soft cookies.

You cant please everyone, and that's the truth. My biggest peeve re: RCL food are the chocolate desserts. Everything tastes like there's some mind of liquor in it??!?? I would much prefer a regular yellow duncan Hines cake with plain chocolate frosting. Simple & yummy! Instead I go to the promenade cafe and get a piece of their oh-so-moist sponge or cinnamon coffee cake. It is soooo good! Then around 11pm I return again for a small sandwich & have my milk & cookies! The toffee ones are my favorite! Mmm!

Guest maddycat

`

At the beginning of each cruise the cruise compass should have a written explanation of the locks on the public bathroom stalls. New cruisers don't understand that when the door is locked and the stall is occupied, red shows below the handle. When the door is unlocked and the stall is vacant, white shows below the handle.

We're just off Voyager of the Seas today. We had a great time! The weather was good, the food and service was great, and the ship was beautiful. But there were a couple of things that were really distracting.

We like good coffee. We're not coffee snobs, but we do buy whole beans and grind them fresh every day, so we make a good cup. And I don't understand why the coffee at the Promenade Cafe and Windjammer has to be so poor, when the coffee in the MDR is so good. it's not difficult to make good coffee, and it shouldn't be that hard to fix this. Probably no more that correcting a process, I'd like to see it addressed.

The real zinger was the photographer obstructing the entrance to the MDR each evening as we went to dinner. Then after dinner, he or she is still there, still in the way, still raising my blood pressure. We had our pictures taken by the photographers everywhere else on the ship, but not in front of the MDR. I don't want to encourage this kind of practice.

Please be sure to fill out your comment cards and let RCI know how to improve your cruise experience.

Tom,

Yes I know it is soooooo annoying! To the cruise line it is another opportunity to bring in revenue... Everyone is dressed up for dinner and they figure why not take photos... This is especially irritating on Deck 5 when you are waiting to speak to the my time concierge & the others are waiting to be seated at traditional dining time hours.

Don't forget, there are others who maybe are cruising for the first time & look at this as a perfect opportunity to take a family photo. Just think outside the box for a moment. Hurricanes, illness, family emergencies & seasickness ruin vacations. I would take stepping aside a photographer a million times over having to be in my office!!!!!!

Archived