HUGE Favor, Please!!!

ducklite

Would someone who is going on the Dream in the next few months PLEASE get me the wine list (the entire list) from Remy? I'd be happy to send a SASE or whatever. If you can't snag the entire list, I'm specifically wondering if they have Petrus and which vintage and price, and if they have Beaucastel CdP and what vintage and price. But I'd really like to peruse the entire list, what's on it will make a difference as to whether we eat there or not, and if we do, whether we BYOB or not.

I'd also like the list from Palo if possible.

Also, could someone verify that they are using Riedel stemware (and decanters) in both restaurants, please?

Getting "the" wine list at Remy may be difficult. The reserve wine list is 4-fold book with an engraved plate for each wine. My DH thinks that there may have been a Petrus on the list. Beaucastel he doesn't recall. There is a 1947 Cheval Blanc for $25,000 and a '61 Latour for $13,000. There's a '96 William Selyem Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir and an '03 Harland Estate Cab. Yes, to Reidel in Remy, even the water glasses. I don't recall if the glasses at Palo were Reidel. If DH remembers any more, I'll post again.

Ironically I just stumbled onto a blog that had photos of the name plates on the "Vault" wines. I have some of them in my cellar.

I know many of those are in the $500-1000+ retail price range, and I'm definitely not looking to pay much of a mark up on a bottle that's already pretty steep. And oddly, the majority of the "Vault" wines are from California. :::scratching my head:::

Unfortunately many of them are too young to fully enjoy...

Getting "the" wine list at Remy may be difficult. The reserve wine list is 4-fold book with an engraved plate for each wine. My DH thinks that there may have been a Petrus on the list. Beaucastel he doesn't recall. There is a 1947 Cheval Blanc for $25,000 and a '61 Latour for $13,000. There's a '96 William Selyem Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir and an '03 Harland Estate Cab. Yes, to Reidel in Remy, even the water glasses. I don't recall if the glasses at Palo were Reidel. If DH remembers any more, I'll post again.

Thank you--great info! The Harlan looks like it could be a winner based on price and vintage/drinkability. No way I'm paying 250+% markup for the Screagle that won't really be ready to drink for another five or more years, same thing with the Hobbs.

We have William Selyem and Harland in the cellar. At the 5:15 pre-dinner meeting with Alex (an invitation to meet at Remy to peruse the menu and make wine selections will arrive in your cabin on the day), DH (an admitted wine "snob"? not quite right since he also loves a drinkable bargain) decided that wines by the glass were the way to go. We did not do the Remy tasting menu/wine pairings though we ended up ordering some of the dishes from the tasting menus and some of the suggested wines. Remy BTW starts you with a champagne cocktail.

We also chose wines by the glass at Palo. We're into champagne at the moment. So at Palo it was champagne and Barolo.

Just take a picture of it and e-mail.

Archived