Questions about purses in Nassau

majosa

I posted this question on the Fascination but it remains unanswered. So i thought i would try here.

Hello fellow cruisers. Could someone fill me in as to what kind of purses they are selling at the straw market? I was told there is coach and dooney and bourke. I am not someone who knows a lot about those things. I usually shop at walmart for my purse! Also do they have wallets? Are the purses big or small. And the range of price? I know it can all change from day to day but i would like to get idea of what to plan for. Thank you so much for helping out

:p

I can't help you with your answer directly but you might try posting under the fashion section.

lol thanks i, for some reason never even thought about that. Sigh cruise brain is such a horrible thing!

You can also try posting under the ports of call pages

The knock off purses that they sell are for every designer you can think of. I saw Louis, Kate Spade, Coach, Fendi and others... and all ranges of prices depending on the "brand" of knock off and size of the bag.

I bought a fake Louis there 3 years ago - its not bad quality but still a knock off is a knock off so the quality wont be there compared to the real ones. The zipper broke off within the year... I think I spent about $20 on a medium bag.

HTH!

If it's tent city when you get into port, I really doubt that anything would be real. A couple of huge tents and a variety of wares. They had piles of purses and such on a table and it had knockoff written all over it. It reminded me of Mexico, everyone had the same thing and you just had to haggle for your price. Really a tight fit in there and I'd be more worried about your purse. Been there once, done that.

Everyone has the right to what they like, but know what you are getting. The purses in the straw markets are fake. If you don't care about that, then you can find them in all shapes, sizes, colors, and "brands". Shop to your hearts content. If you are looking for something authentic, that is not the place.

If you want authentic items you'll need to walk on up into town on the main street. Of course, for authentic merchandise, you will pay very similar to the prices here in the states, only without the sales tax.

There is also a very nice Dooney store over in the shops on Paradise Island near the Atlantis.

I'm trying to remember from my last visit in Nov.

All shapes, sizes colors of Coach, Dooney&Burke, Gucci, Fendi and Juicy. I only went up and down two rows so I could be missing some...

Just my two cents but their knock offs were very obvious.

I've been there twice....1000's and 1000's of knockoff purses and wallets...every color, size and name you can imagine....shop the vendors for the best price....I had one lady come and FIND me to accept my low offer after I walked away...they are pretty cheap, but cute and fun...(I also played the card of 'that booth over there has them cheaper')

My last trip to Nassau, the permanent building was almost complete....I think they plan on opening it this spring (air conditioned building)...

All shapes, sizes colors of Coach, Dooney&Burke, Gucci, Fendi and Juicy. I only went up and down two rows so I could be missing some...

I agree. You can tell they are knock-offs.

We had a strange experience in Oct there.

DW wanted a particular purse or bag and she spoke to the vendor and picked one out and asked me to negotiate as I am the negotiator in the family.

We haggled a bit and agreed on a price. Paid the guy and than he started complaining that I swindled him and that he hoped I really needed the money I saved.

Reminded him that he agreed to the price and it was a very friendly negotiation.

if DW did not really like the bag would have asked for my money back. I have negotiated all over the world and when two sides reach agreement they shake hands and they are both happy.

This was baffling to me.

Dreaded double post!

I to buy my purses from Walmart Kmart Target. But I wanted a name brand so I got a Louis Vuitton everything was working but upon my arrival home the zipper is acting up. So get thenm to go as low as possible. I got mine for 30 so dont feel to bad. But I can say I helped feed someone's family.

A friend of mine went with the intention of buying fake bags for many of her friends and family. She took an extra suitcase just to hold them all. She was happy!

Many "brands" to choose from, prices from $10 on up (expect to see some at $50 each), all shapes and sizes.

We've bought the knock-offs and they have fooled friends with the real deal. Depends on what island or shop sometimes. One of our bags is over 5 years now and still going strong with no problem whatsoever so it's worth a few bucks and is fun. We have a lot of fun with them and don't have to worry about a lot of investment in the purse, so why not mix them in with the real thing?

In Nassau there are a couple of stores that sell real Coach and Dooney & Burke purses. They are on the main street one block over from the terminal where the ships dock. There are many places that have cheap copies. The best prices we have seen so far have been at the Coach and Dooney & Burke stores in Puerto Rico.

The straw market bags are all knock offs as well as their $10 Rolex watches. Maybe I am brainwashed to believe you are funding terrorism by buying them but I guess I'm brainwashed so I can't see buying them. But they look fake. Some of the coach ones that are the patch kinds are made with patches that are obviously nothing coach would use. Anyway, I digress. If you are going to Puerto Rico they have the best Coach store I have ever been too. It is floor to ceiling bags and I have come out with 3 bags for little over $100. And if it's holiday like Valentines Day then there is usually 30% off and some bags in back for 90% off if out of season or something. Don't miss that store if you like bags in Puerto Rico.

Archived