Taking a laptop

Invincible

Probably a silly question but is it worth taking a laptop with us on our next cruise which is Oriana X105 for 17 nights from 16th April, having used the internet on Ventura I know it's very expensive on board and painfully slow but didn't know whether I'd get a wifi signal on shore or whether a mobile dongle would work on shore or close to shore.

Probably a silly question but is it worth taking a laptop with us on our next cruise which is Oriana X105 for 17 nights from 16th April, having used the internet on Ventura I know it's very expensive on board and painfully slow but didn't know whether I'd get a wifi signal on shore or whether a mobile dongle would work on shore or close to shore.

We always take ours and so have my daughter and son in law who are on Arcadia at the moment doing a World Cruise.

If you wish to communicate with family, check your bank etc, there is no question. Take it. :D:D

McDonalds offer free WiFi world wide, so sit outside if you need to use your laptop or follow the crew to find the best free WiFi hotspot ashore :)

I don't even sit in a McDonalds at home, so I am certainly not going to seek out such an establishment when I have spent good money to visit a foreign country. :(:(

For crying out loud, there is plenty of free time on board on sea days to do that sort of communications!!

I don't even sit in a McDonalds at home, so I am certainly not going to seek out such an establishment when I have spent good money to visit a foreign country. :(:(

For crying out loud, there is plenty of free time on board on sea days to do that sort of communications!!

My comments were directed at the OP not the silly old fool on the motorcycle:rolleyes: I don't care if you've been to Micky D's or not. The question related to the use of laptops and WiFi, not eating establishments. Take two vallium and go for your nap :D

My comments were directed at the OP not the silly old fool on the motorcycle:rolleyes: I don't care if you've been to Micky D's or not. The question related to the use of laptops and WiFi, not eating establishments. Take two vallium and go for your nap :D

I Like this. . . . it made me LOL!

Archived